Morrison finishing up with WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
PWInsider.com said:
- John Morrison is finishing up with WWE and his final date will be next Monday’s RAW Supershow.

Word going around is that TNA is very interested in bringing in Morrison and Melina as a couple. TNA is looking at making Morrison the star attraction of the X Division. No word yet if Morrison has spoke with TNA yet, directly or in-directly.

It’s said that Morrison wants out of WWE and the company wants him gone also.
Still think they should still be using him the same way they were in his feud with Sheamus and such but if he does go to TNA with Melina could actually see that working out pretty well for him.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Even though he's lost steam, I'm still a big time Morrison fan. I was huge for him ever since 2008 even though it's clear he has some mental problems from letting guys use his girlfriend and his attitude. I'll still keep my Morrison shirt that I actually bought last year around Halloween because I was in support of him that much. It's just a shame.

TheZig

Reaction score
Even though he's lost steam, I'm still a big time Morrison fan. I was huge for him ever since 2008 even though it's clear he has some mental problems from letting guys use his girlfriend and his attitude.

I wouldn't say he had mental problems because he was in love with his girlfriend and she was acting like a slut, I've seen plenty of people male/female who are that lovestruck they will accept anything their partner does. I think it boils down to a lack of confidence, Thats the problem that has held him back for years since he split from The Miz.

He would get a decent shot in TNA for sure. But i think he would get lost in the shuffle eventually and turn out like RVD who only appears when the face's get attacked by the heel's. I read a article that said TNA want to build the X Division around him, Not sure how much truth is in that but its a nice idea.

Last edited:

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Well TNA clearly realise Morrison sucks balls as a wrestler and that his spot is a spot monkey, so if he does become the "Main Attraction" of the X-Division, I'll be a sad day because I still think Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles, while they aren't that much better than Morrison, they still have more to give to that Division and Monkey Face Melina being added to the mix is just a joke.

WWE doesn't need Shawn Michaels mark II, nor does TNA, they need strong wrestlers with a good head on them for business and know how to wrestle matches.

But if TNA want to use him for their niche market, then sure... It's possibly the only he's ever gonna get anywhere. Just another Second Tier title to his name, if he wins the top belt in TNA, then LOLTNA!

Jay

Reaction score
This kinda sucks. I like Morrison. His home is WWE. Hopefully he can find a home in TNA or ROH.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The writing has been on the wall since the way he acted at Wrestlemania and you can't say WWE didn't have plans for him, he was over as hell.

But at least he's leaving on relatively good terms rather than getting fired or pulling some Matt Hardy shit. Morrison shouldn't have any troube finding work elsewhere.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Guy would probably be much further in his career if it not been for him having his nose open and apparently letting his relationship with Melina mess with his career. It's also funny cause I listened to HBK talk about him and how he really is a nice guy but problem is he is too nice but yet the one time he decides not to be he did it at the wrong time that is seemingly gonna cost him his WWE career.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm not a fan of his but I appreciate his talent and feel WWE are definitley making a mistake letting him go. He could and should have been a SmackDown upper midcarder feuding with the main eventers, taking falls and picking up the odd victory here and there.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Very bad move, Morrison will fade into obscurity if he joins TNA.

Too many faces in the crowd there, he'll be X Division flavour of the month then in PPV dark matches jobbing to Eric Young in no time.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Morrison vs. Aries...

That there would make me want to watch

Killswitch

Reaction score
WWE is stupid to let him go. He's better than a bunch of people they have. Ah well. He'll still have to wait 90 days.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The guy is extremely athletic, but has always lacked that "it" factor. So in other words, TNA is the perfect place for him LOL

It'll be refreshing to see him with Melina again. Of course, it's only a matter of time before TNA does something ridiculous with that angle. It should be good for at least a couple weeks though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Probably would have Melina turn on him in a month or something. If he is gonna be put with Melina tho coming in then gonna assume they'd make Jomo and Melina heel.

Killswitch

Reaction score
There are 2 things that Morrison needs to do well.

He needs a manager, his personality bores me to death. He also needs to stop being a pussy. That's probably his biggest downfall.

Deuce

Reaction score
Go to TNA! I like him but in the WWE he wasn't accomplishing much, TNA would be the best decision for him.