More On Rodman's Release, Matt Sydal's WWE Status, ECW Rating Goes Up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
(source: Rajah.com)

-- Apparently, it looks like it was Daniel "Dan Rodman" Rodimer's decision to leave WWE because it was a mutual decision between the two parties to part ways. His wrestling career appears to be through because he is going to go back in the real estate business. After Tough Enough 4 concluded, WWE offered Rodimer a developmental contract, but he rejected it because his real estate job paid more. Come 2006, he didn't want to be left wondering as to what could have been had he entered WWE, so he contacted management asking if the deal was still on the table. He signed the contract and started his wrestling training shortly thereafter.

-- It was reported earlier today that indy wrestler Matt Sydal had signed a developmental deal with WWE. That is actually incorrect as he hasn't signed a contract yet. He's currently on tour in Japan. According to several sources, WWE has sent Sydal a developmental contract and he just has to sign it to be on board with WWE.

Sydal is 24 years old and has been wrestling since 2000. He's billed as being 5-9, but he's actually about 5-6 or 5-7 legit and in the neighborhood of 175 pounds. A few months ago, before the Benoit/Steroids/Congress stuff hit, a memo was sent out to Johnny Ace to only sign people who were at least 6-0 and 240-250 pounds, so this likely acquisition drastically goes against what WWE is typically looking for in a wrestler because they hardly ever sign anybody under 6 feet tall, let alone someone who is 5-7. Back in May, WWE sent some scouts and set up a booth at a fitness expo in Las Vegas in hopes of signing some bodybuilders who didn't even need to have any wrestling experience to land a contract. What with the apparent signing of Sydal, and the possible returns of former WWE stars D-Lo Brown and Rosey -- who aren't bodybuilder types obviously -- it looks like WWE is finally changing their tune on the size requirements of the wrestlers they sign. In other words, they're not just looking at muscle-bound types anymore and are giving less-sculpted wrestlers at least an opportunity.

-- This week's edition of ECW on Sci-Fi did its best rating in quite some time, scoring a 1.7 cable rating. For the first time in months, they tied Eureka as the top rated show on the network.

------------------------------------
hopefully they are changing o_O

vickymania

Reaction score
dude,you can check my thread as well..all other wrestling news are there..including news on the Dead Man,Taker

monkeystyle

Reaction score
>>Edge Of Extreme<<;134894. Sydal is 24 years old and has been wrestling since 2000. He's billed as being 5-9 said:
This is just history repeating itself. Shortly after Vince went on trial for steroid distribution in the early 90's this happened and guys like HBK and Bret Hart became the main eventers. It will eventually peter out and he will go back to his old ways. However at least we might be able to get some mileage out of this and enjoy it while it lasts.

Reaction score
i agree with monkeystyle,vince loves big men too much .with the recent passing of bryan adams along with the benoit tragedy and congress inquest they'll put over the smaller clean looking guys to calm things down,but they'll eventually go back to their old ways.Just look at my sig:lol:

CenaMark54

Who wants to watch some 5'3 pretty boy joker do flips and no sell. The WWE already has Mysterio for the midget underdog role and Cody Rhodes for the pretty boy role and they can actually sell, no need to bring in Sydal.

Christ why don't they just bring in Evans while they are at it.

Its a moot point because he will be relaesed in a year anyway.
The guy will be nothing with a toned down moveset.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Who wants to watch some 5'3 pretty boy joker do flips and no sell. The WWE already has Mysterio for the midget underdog role and Cody Rhodes for the pretty boy role and they can actually sell, no need to bring in Sydal.

Christ why don't they just bring in Evans while they are at it.

Its a moot point because he will be relaesed in a year anyway.
The guy will be nothing with a toned down moveset.

At least he would get a reaction from the crowd while doing half his moves... which is more than i can say for Natural Jobbers like Snitsky who get's pushed all the time!

& Why is it we can't please people these days... 1 minute every body complains about not enough small guys & once WWE do decide to bring them in You start bitching again about there shouldn't be small guys!

Sheesh!... There's no winning with most IWC fans!

Sydal coming in is a good thing IMO... It could strengthen the CW Division while at the same time provide great matches with others such as Mysterio, Noble, Moore etc...

Sydal Vs Mysterio = Dream Match!

Bradders

Reaction score
It is nice to see broader guys get jobs with the WWE now. Hopefully Rosey will get a chance on ECW.

CenaMark54

At least he would get a reaction from the crowd while doing half his moves... which is more than i can say for Natural Jobbers like Snitsky who get's pushed all the time!

& Why is it we can't please people these days... 1 minute every body complains about not enough small guys & once WWE do decide to bring them in You start bitching again about there shouldn't be small guys!

Sheesh!... There's no winning with most IWC fans
!

Sydal coming in is a good thing IMO... It could strengthen the CW Division while at the same time provide great matches with others such as Mysterio, Noble, Moore etc...

Sydal Vs Mysterio = Dream Match!

I've never complained about the amount of big men. I think there should be more.

The CW division has been dead and buried for at least 2 years. No one wrestler is going to be able to revive it. Especailly a guy most WWE fans have never heard about. At the most he will get on TV once a month in some cruiser weight open with Noble, Wang, Hornswoggle, some random local jobber, mini boogey and Joey Styles.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
I've never complained about the amount of big men. I think there should be more.

K i agree with you on the most part about The Cruiserweight Division & how much it is underused...

But! Don't you think WWE have plenty of big men allready!... Here's a list!

Undertaker
Kane
Batista
Mark Henry
The Great Khali
Big Daddy V
Snitsky
Umaga

& you could probably throw in Lashley as a big-man as well...

Don't get me wrong, having a few of them is great. Taker, Kane & Umaga are very good in the ring for their size so having them is a plus... But what i don't like is when they just try to transform these glorified jobbers into Main Eventers & trying to turn them into the next Andre, Taker, Big Show etc... When they clearly not only don't have the in ring skills, but don't have the ability to get over with the fans. 2 per Brand is plenty IMO & even then 1 of them should be face. If WWE really were serious about pushing a Monster they should consider bringing up people who have considerable amount of Talent such as Paul Burchill & even Rosey. Instead their trying to do it to the guys who all they have in their favour are their size.

CenaMark54

All of those guys you listed are over with the fans excpet Shitsky. Big men sell and are entertaining for the most part.

You need big heels to put over the top babyfaces. You can never have enough big heels.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
All of those guys you listed are over with the fans excpet Shitsky. Big men sell and are entertaining for the most part.

You need big heels to put over the top babyfaces. You can never have enough big heels.

But think how over The Monster Heel could be if they had the in ring talent to begin with! Look at Umaga... The most Over of the lot not counting Taker & Kane!

LKP

Id pay to watch sydal vs cm punk not batista vs khali. But its looks as if wwe are getting better athletes in.

CenaMark54

But think how over The Monster Heel could be if they had the in ring talent to begin with! Look at Umaga... The most Over of the lot not counting Taker & Kane!

Khali is more over than Umaga. But then again I think Khali has got in ring talent, he is just booked differently than Umaga.

Reaction score
Id pay to watch sydal vs cm punk not batista vs khali. But its looks as if wwe are getting better athletes in.

I hope so. A Sydal vs. Punk matchup could potentially be the best fued WWE has this year (or next, depending when Sydal is brought up from OVW).