MLB Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
DALLAS -- The Miami Marlins plucked another free agent prize Wednesday, reaching a deal with four-time All-Star pitcher Mark Buehrle for $58 million over four years.

Manager Ozzie Guillen praised Buehrle over and over at baseball's winter meetings. They were together on the Chicago White Sox this season, and Guillen was eager to have the left-hander on his side next year.

"This kid is special," Guillen said. "He pitched in the big scenarios, big moments, very tough city to pitch. When people love you in Chicago, that means something." While the Marlins were landing Buehrle, there were also significant developments in the Albert Pujols sweepstakes. The Marlins are now out of the running for Pujols, reports ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick, leaving St. Louis as the prime candidate to sign the three-time MVP.

While one source said the agent Dan Lozano called the Marlins and told them they were no longer in the race, another person close to the situation said the team decided to withdraw after signing Buehrle.

A source said the Marlins' offer was for slightly north of $200 million. However, the actual value of the deal would have been augmented by the lack of a state income tax in Florida.

ESPN.com

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Albert Pujols, the heart and hammer of the St. Louis Cardinals for more than a decade, will leave St. Louis and sign with the Los Angeles Angels, a person with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports.

Latecomers to the Pujols derby, the Angels will pay Pujols $250 million to $260 million over 10 years, a devastating turn for the Cardinals and a departure from past organizational philosophies for Arte Moreno’s Angels.

After a month-long search for wealth and happiness, most notably in Miami, Pujols will not return to the only organization he’s known.

ESPN.com

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Albert Pujols bitches!! and CJ Wilson! take that Texas!

Reactions: 1 person

Killswitch

Reaction score
Obviously the Cardinals now have a ton of cash to play with, any chance they go after Fielder? Alternatively (if they move Berkman there) the Marlins may snatch him up.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Expect the Cards to move Berkman to first and sign Beltran. Fielder is still a big piece and clearly the biggest left, the Rangers may sign him now to counteract. Pujols is the best Hitter on the planet but no one deserves that kind of money, no one.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Not in a Halos uni prob, if they can get a 3rd basemen for him or if they try the Trumbo move to 3rd, either way im happy.

Ben

Reaction score
Still think Fielder ends up somewhere not expected, don't see him getting the years or money that Albert got though. See him at around 6@175mil. Not having Boston and New York involved to drive up the price is what costs Pujos getting even more cash.

Brewers signed Alex Gonzalez, not a step up from Bentancourt, so really not to keen on the pick up.

Ben

Reaction score
Braun stuff is beyond horrible the more I think about it, even if your not a Brewer fan, he's the first of the younger generation of players to get caught, and obviously one of the biggest names right now. Don't see it getting overturned and see him spinning it to the "I didn't know I was taking it line"

Next season will be telling for his numbers, without Fielder in front of him and without the edge of PED depending on how much he was using.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Braun stuff is beyond horrible the more I think about it, even if your not a Brewer fan, he's the first of the younger generation of players to get caught, and obviously one of the biggest names right now. Don't see it getting overturned and see him spinning it to the "I didn't know I was taking it line"

Next season will be telling for his numbers, without Fielder in front of him and without the edge of PED depending on how much he was using.

Shocked when I heard this. I'm going to give him time to prove himself because I don't want this to be true, but if it is, whooo, dark day for baseball.

Ben

Reaction score
Tired of hearing about the Braun stuff, just want a resolution to happen, surprisingly he's getting a ton of support here locally on sports radio, though for sure he would get shit on.

Brewers actually made a solid move today picking up Aramis Ramirez(3 years @ 36million). Pretty much means for sure Prince is gone, but it gets them a third baseman and opens up the 1B spot for either Gammel or McGahe.