MLB 2013 Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So the last day of the regular season was today, Rangers lost the division lead to the A's after holding it for almost literally the whole season, FUCK MY LIFE! :( I'll probably be cheering for the A's in the playoffs though since I doubt the Rangers will be able to even get past the Orioles this Friday.

Miguel Cabrera also won the Triple Crown, first time since '67 that someone's done it. MVP race is basically just him and Trout, you guys think the Triple Crown won it for Cabrera?

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
The Triple Crown is the be all, end all pretty much and I'd be really surprised if Cabrera doesn't win it. Trout is a rookie, is he not? Give it to Cabrera who's worked his ass off for a few years, and give the rookie award to Trout.

Also... will R.A. Dickey, the Mets phenom knuckleballer, win the Cy Young award that he so rightfully deserves?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm a huge fan of Trout (which is terrible since I'm a rangers fan), but I do agree that Cabrera should win MVP, Trout easily has the rookie award.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I am a Tigers lifer and THE TRIPLE CROWN hasn't happened in 45 years but Trout's the rightful MVP. Much better overall player. It's not the MVH. I'd say Dickey vs Kimbrel in the NL Cy vote. I'd give it to Dickey cause I can't vote for a RP but Kimbrel struck out over 50% of the guys he faced and gave up more than 1 run in an appearance 0 times this year.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I can see Cabrera winning the MVP & Verlander winning the Cy Young mostly because there team got into the playoffs, but Cabrera will clearly win because he did indeed win the triple crown & its not like that happens every year, would REALLY love to see Trout win but Cabrera clearly deserves it.

I wish Weaver would win the Cy Young but with the Angels & Rays not making the playoffs i see Verlander as the favorite for the AL Cy Young.

Dickey has to get the NL Cy Young i mean he won 20 games on the Mets! that meant he had to pitch his ass off to earn every win he got & i think that gives him a clear advantage over Gio and the best team in Baseball.

Reaction score
Figured I'd just use this thread.

Terry Francona is set to be named the Indians Manager for next year.

Terry Francona is set to be named the new Cleveland Indians manager on Monday, according to FoxSports.com.

Francona was an ESPN analyst this past season and won two American League pennants and two World Series championships with the Boston Red Sox, managing the team from 2004-2011.

Cleveland fired previous manager Manny Acta last month after falling out of contention in the American League Central with a 5-24 record in August. That was the worst month in the franchise’s 112-year history. The Indians have not made the playoffs since 2008 and finished 68-94 this season.

Francona, 53, went 744-552 with Boston, making the playoffs five out of his eight seasons with the team.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I think i get more excited for the baseball offseason than I do for the actual games.... My Phillies have some definite holes to fill, probably will need to get creative in order to fill them all.....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Mike Trout didn't get a gold glove :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I can't put enough of those smileys. WHAT A JOKE!?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Speaking of the Angels, Ervin Santana was dealt to the Royals with $1M for a 27 year old Triple A Lefty RP. Decent flyer for KC albeit at $12M.

You pay a lot more attention to it then I do, so how's this lefty? Anyone I should be worried about as a Rangers fan? haha

Also, care to change the name of this topic to Offseason discussion or something along those lines?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
You pay a lot more attention to it then I do, so how's this lefty? Anyone I should be worried about as a Rangers fan? haha

Also, care to change the name of this topic to Offseason discussion or something along those lines?

On point 1 his name is Brandon Sisk and he's a NP (non prospect) has decent numbers vs lefties in the minors but not highly regarded.

On point 2 not sure if this should be changed or a new thread created, someone want to make that ruling?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
There's like four people on here that'll post in the thread it seems, so I say just rename this one.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Santana move was a pure salary dump, apparently Angels are trying to do the same with Dan Haren (should get more in return if they can find a partner). Looks like they are trying to free up money so they can make Grienke a big time offer....

^^^^^ Hey Chris, as a Ranger fan, How do you like the chances of Hamilton re-signing? I personally don't see anybody making the big money + big years offer to him, I'm thinking he's back in texas at like 3 or 4 yrs, 20 mil per (with all sorts of out clauses in case the dude slips up)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Santana move was a pure salary dump, apparently Angels are trying to do the same with Dan Haren (should get more in return if they can find a partner). Looks like they are trying to free up money so they can make Grienke a big time offer....

^^^^^ Hey Chris, as a Ranger fan, How do you like the chances of Hamilton re-signing? I personally don't see anybody making the big money + big years offer to him, I'm thinking he's back in texas at like 3 or 4 yrs, 20 mil per (with all sorts of out clauses in case the dude slips up)

Chances of him resigning seem to change all the time, a couple months ago he was all but out the door, now it's not really talked about so much that he's leaving, so I don't know. I think at this point we should just let him go though, he's still a good player, but I do believe he'll become a liability sooner rather then later, and I don't want him to be a Rangers when that happens. He's got a couple more years of being a damn good player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.