MLB 2013 Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killswitch

Reaction score
@MLB
BREAKING: Giants OF Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games without pay after testing positive for Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Felix Hernandez threw the 23rd perfect game in MLB history today against the Rays. First in Mariners history.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Felix Hernandez pitched a stellar game against the Rays even though they had been on an offensive tear lately. It is still kind of sad that he threw a perfect game and the mariners still only won by 1.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Hernandez was DOMINANT today. I mean every pitcher that throws a perfect game kinda is but they never looked like they were going to touch him and he K'ed 12. Disappointing about Melky he was finally becoming recognized for the great season he was having.

Killswitch

Reaction score
2gu9pmq.jpg

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The fuckin' Astros just had the number one play on Sportscenters Top 10! That's the best thing they've done this whole season. At this point, I'm just hoping for them to lose out so they'll get the first pick again. :adr:

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
The fuckin' Astros just had the number one play on Sportscenters Top 10! That's the best thing they've done this whole season. At this point, I'm just hoping for them to lose out so they'll get the first pick again. :adr:

Fired their Manager, Hitting Coach and First Base coach yesterday. GM wants to bring in his own guys.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Any change is good change at the moment, their minor league team in OKC is actually doing very well. They have some nice prospects, could honestly see them turning around in just a couple years, depending on how they adjust to the Majors of course.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Any change is good change at the moment, their minor league team in OKC is actually doing very well. They have some nice prospects, could honestly see them turning around in just a couple years, depending on how they adjust to the Majors of course.

I study prospects in my spare time and they don't really have many differences makers. They have depth but only Singleton is really a solid prospect and I'm not sure he's even a star.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Astros were at Clemens' workout with his new team (he signed w/ some independent team). If the Astros go after him...

...DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

Killswitch

Reaction score
No discussion about Crawford, Gonzo, Beckett going to the Dodgers in that blockbuster trade?

If I'm the Red Sox I think I made out better in the trade with the Dodgers. While it bulks up the Dodgers offense imo this is something the Sox needed to do. Adrian is the best player, but where the fuck did his power go? I wouldn't want to pay that much money for a singles hitter. Beckett is a dick and Crawford will maybe live up to half of that contracts worth. I'd take a guy with Tommy John surgery, Loney and whatever else is cheap just to hit the reset button and move on.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Yeah Red Sox defiantly won I mean James Loney is awful, but still a good backup. While De La Rosa throws 98 and has a ton of potential. And Webster was probably a top 5 prospect in the Dodgers system (which admittedly kind of sucks) and will be the same in Boston's system.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Yeah Red Sox defiantly won I mean James Loney is awful, but still a good backup. While De La Rosa throws 98 and has a ton of potential. And Webster was probably a top 5 prospect in the Dodgers system (which admittedly kind of sucks) and will be the same in Boston's system.

Webster was top 2 in the Dodgers system. He was a coup for a salary dump. Could be an average 3 or a good 4 in time.

Killswitch

Reaction score
New York Mets manager Terry Collins will not lose his job this season or next, even with his club entrenched in a second-half freefall, the New York Post reports, citing a team source.

The source told the Post that there is "no chance" that Collins, 63, will be fired. He is under contract through next season, meaning general manager Sandy Alderson must decide whether to extend his deal. The Mets picked up Collins' 2013 option last September.

After a 46-40 first half, the Mets ...

Read full story

I would say he should return. He's doing the best he can with what he has to work with, which is a team mostly full of Triple A guys. If the second half of this season went the way the first half did, you'd be talking about him for Manager of the Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.