MITB Match Officially Scrapped From WrestleMania + ppv Schedule and Sheamus / FCW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Then why was their theme born in the USA

Why was JYD's theme "Another One Bites The Dust"? Oh wait, wasn't it "Grab Them Cakes"? Often wrestlers will have different themes, they change them over time to freshen the guys up a bit. I thought you already knew that.

Now, that being said, Derringer wrote "Real American" for the US Express, he's said as much in interviews. I don't have footage available of the beginning of the match (I can only find the end on YouTube), but I'm sure I recall that the US Express used the theme at least once, in their match with the Dream Team where they dropped the tag titles the second time. Obviously Windham was gone almost immediately after that, so the theme got shuffled over to Hogan.

Regardless of all of that though, Booty's original point is still valid. The fans cheer for the wrestler, not the theme song.

W-olf

Reaction score
Real American was made for them buddy. They used it. I was alive then. You were not.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Why oh why question wisdom and pure knowledge . Viper Mortal Kombat "there is no knowledge that is not power" has it taught us nothing but none the less here I go I'll speak in fact !

I have read that Hulk Hogan's Real American theme song was originally intended for Barry Windham and Mike Rotunda whom were known as the U.S. Express. I have even listened to the song and it features commentary by Jesse Ventura at the end stating that was for Windham and Rotunda? So, my question is how did it become Hogan's song?
It was made in the famous flag match friend with Nikolai Volkoff, from there on. Since Rotunda & Windham weren't with the WWF back then the option was giving it to Hulk which was a bang.

It is true. The Real American theme was actually originally suppose to be for Windham and Rutonda. This was back when the WWF created it's first record album. This song along with a few others like the Junk Yard Dog's "Grab Them Cakes" song was on this album. Hogan actually had another song on this album. I forget the name of it. But it was the theme song in the Rock N' Wrestling cartoon. back in the 1980's. That was suppose to be Hogan's song. Well Windham and Rutundo would leave the WWF in late 1985, and I guess Hogan decided he like that song better and it turned out to be his trademark.

Rutundo and Windham had actually been coming out to Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" which was a huge hit back in 1984-85. And of course this was when the WWF was at the peak of it's "Rock N' Wrestling" era. It's amazing that even people today still thing that song is a patriotic song and don't know it's about a disgruntled vietnam vetran.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Why was JYD's theme "Another One Bites The Dust"? Oh wait, wasn't it "Grab Them Cakes"? Often wrestlers will have different themes, they change them over time to freshen the guys up a bit. I thought you already knew that.

Now, that being said, Derringer wrote "Real American" for the US Express, he's said as much in interviews. I don't have footage available of the beginning of the match (I can only find the end on YouTube), but I'm sure I recall that the US Express used the theme at least once, in their match with the Dream Team where they dropped the tag titles the second time. Obviously Windham was gone almost immediately after that, so the theme got shuffled over to Hogan.

Regardless of all of that though, Booty's original point is still valid. The fans cheer for the wrestler, not the theme song.

All I know is that the second the fans here if ya smell what the rock is cookin they go crazy

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
All I know is that the second the fans here if ya smell what the rock is cookin they go crazy

Would they if The Rock hadn't given them reason to?

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They used to for The Patriots theme as well. Then it became Angles theme and they started chanting "u suck" to it. This could be the most ridiculous argument u have ever come up with.

W-olf

Reaction score
I'll go ya one more its easier to be heel this talk of theme song is irrelevant easily put get a green new debut guy over as a heel is far easier than a face . Its easier to hate than like or love in this world most of the time in sports entertainment.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The only time being a heel is tough is when the guy is to cool and fans start to cheer for him..ie Jake Roberts, Outsiders, etc

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'll go ya one more its easier to be heel this talk of theme song is irrelevant easily put get a green new debut guy over as a heel is far easier than a face . Its easier to hate than like or love in this world most of the time in sports entertainment.

In WWE it's not. Usually when superstars debut, they are a babyface unless they turn themselves heel

W-olf

Reaction score
Either way what you don't want is Dead Air.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I always remember how long it took Undertaker to get to the ring. I swear I went to the bathroom twice.

lmao, reminds me of how long Sycho Sid took to get in the ring.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Either way what you don't want is Dead Air.

Bingo. Any reaction is better than no reaction. People may boo Cena even though he's a face, but at least they care enough to boo.