Midnight Mass Mafia Game Thread — Game ended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph Zinger

Reaction score
Oops

1 hey found on old quote in the insert quotes

2 Meta is the easiest thing in the world to get around

3 Nah, she'll be right

4 Chris is nice to me in the smark box

Dolph Zinger

Reaction score
Don't come to me for posts with "substance", whatever the hell that arbitrary concept means

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
Alright, well I'm going to bed soon so I'm fine with some more pressure for productivity. Personally not feeling as strongly as others, but I've at least seen some things I could see being from a scum perspective since re-reading and doing an ISO. The early vote is the most bothersome still. Poyser vibed town early, so I'm not too shaky on following him for now

I also liked some of what Doink threw down whilst he was in here and seemed to have a bit of knowledge about how Pendex played in the past and didn't like it either

vote Pendex
What specifically that Doink mentioned about Pendex made you more inclined to vote him? He said he didn't like the wagon on Pendex

Dolph Zinger

Reaction score
I want to see posts from Lethal Banks, TPein and Phenom

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
I'm not asking for anyone to stick my neck out. Tweet has played in a game with me recently where I have been every bit as verbose as I am here and was Town, which I think is a stronger meta read than comparing whether I'm gimmick posting or not. This isn't to say I think I should be assumed Town, but he *should* be able to support my claims that what is being interpreted or assumed isn't necessarily accurate.
What game was that?

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Feel like reading back on my and Pendex's exchange?
I glanced over it after a few posts, it struck me as mostly a talk about mafia theory with little to no bearing on this particular game.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I didn't. I explained my scum read of Poyser, which included him employing fallacies. You retorted with "argument from fallacy" fallacy, to which I defended by saying I never claimed the arguments Poyser was making was wrong due to employing a fallacy, but that I believe scum have to use them, and townies are generally less inclined. You then decided I needed to be made aware of specific scenarios where that method would result in a false positive reading. I'm quite aware of all of this, hence why I've never sold it as an absolute sure-fire method.
Why are scum more likely to employ “fallacies” than townies? That’s a logical leap that I don’t really understand. If anything, I’d say scum are usually more capable of making tight logical arguments due to knowing the answers beforehand, thinking about what they’re gonna do and why etc. Townies are generally more in the moment and don’t know any one’s alignment and are more likely to have logical holes, incorrect memories and gut feelings clouding their arguments because they’re trying ti figure out the game.

so I don’t think your points against me hold any weight at all, nor do I really believe that this line of scum hunting has “served you well” in the past

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
vote TFW

Will likely have to reread everything tomorrow or sometime I can stomach large chunks of text that aren't going anywhere

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Ehhhh I’m kinda having second thoughts now. I might end up regretting it but the pandex frustration at being misconstrued and then feeling that I’m not a good player and was a victim of a circle jerk just kinda seemed genuine to me lmao

also in fairness, I thought they made some pretty good points against tweet who even now seems quite happy to not inject himself in the conversation at all. I also don’t really think I like his play around jonny. I liked the original point/vote but I don’t like that this is all he’s seemed interested in doing so far. Something about the way he’s going about it reminds me of a push he made as scum recently but I can’t really articulate what I mean lol.

Also, even now he’s acting like he’s not read back (and acts like he’s not going to) yet he read back enough to see jonny reply to him and try to prod more suspicion that way. He seems very fine with letting the pandex argument rage on without comment, all the while nudging along this jonny thing so he has something to point to, to say he’s doing something.

yeah I’m not a fan

vote tweet

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Ehhhh I’m kinda having second thoughts now. I might end up regretting it but the pandex frustration at being misconstrued and then feeling that I’m not a good player and was a victim of a circle jerk just kinda seemed genuine to me lmao

also in fairness, I thought they made some pretty good points against tweet who even now seems quite happy to not inject himself in the conversation at all. I also don’t really think I like his play around jonny. I liked the original point/vote but I don’t like that this is all he’s seemed interested in doing so far. Something about the way he’s going about it reminds me of a push he made as scum recently but I can’t really articulate what I mean lol.

Also, even now he’s acting like he’s not read back (and acts like he’s not going to) yet he read back enough to see jonny reply to him and try to prod more suspicion that way. He seems very fine with letting the pandex argument rage on without comment, all the while nudging along this jonny thing so he has something to point to, to say he’s doing something.

yeah I’m not a fan

vote tweet
What part of the conversation would you have liked me to insert myself into?

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Also what points has Pendex raised against me that you liked?