Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, every Asphyx release is solid. They've never really strayed from their original sound.

Autopsy too!

BTW this Teitanblood song with Chris Reifert (Autopsy) on vocals is the best shit ever. Such a perfect fit.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Chris Reifert is such an underrated legend. He had a lot to do with the greatness of early DEATH. AUTOPSY in itself is one of the greatest DM bands ever too.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Chris Reifert is such an underrated legend. He had a lot to do with the greatness of early DEATH. AUTOPSY in itself is one of the greatest DM bands ever too.

I had no idea he was on the first Death album, that's pretty awesome.

Ever listen to much Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend? Dude is probably my favorite overall musician, has a discography spanning some of the heaviest stuff out there to beautiful, atmopsheric acoustic songs and everything in between.

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I had no idea he was on the first Death album, that's pretty awesome.

Ever listen to much Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend? Dude is probably my favorite overall musician, has a discography spanning some of the heaviest stuff out there to beautiful, atmopsheric acoustic songs and everything in between.

Dude, holy fuck. I remember listening/coming across that exact song YEARS AGO. Instant nostalgia as soon as I clicked the video lol. Is that album called Alien too? lol nice.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Dude, holy fuck. I remember listening/coming across that exact song YEARS AGO. Instant nostalgia as soon as I clicked the video lol. Is that album called Alien too? lol nice.
Yeah, Alien was the last Strapping Young Lad release.

City is probably the best album, totally worth the listen. One of my favorite albums of all time, period.

Reactions: Swift

Impactsona

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Favorite Sports Team
G4TDPQp
I've been on a Pantera kick lately.

And I have also gotten into killswitch engage a bit as well for my metalcore fix.

Reactions: C.M. Shaddix

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
When we are talking straight up Metal, then I am thinking Metallica, Pantera, Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold and Slayer.

Metallica is of course the best way to get into heavy metal, after that I began drifting into Green Day, Punk and Metalcore territories until I began rediscovering straight up heavy metal this year. Pantera made a god like genre that is fucking immortal and never gets old, and that's where Lamb of God comes from. Slayer is the other band in the Big 4 I like other than Metallica, the other half, Anthrax and Megadeath I have never been fond of. Avenged Sevenfold also came across early on, I like Hail to the King but the albums with the late Jimmy Sullivan like City of Evil, the Self Titled and Nightmare are definitely the superior A7X albums.

I definitely like a lot more than just that, stuff like Korn, Asking Alexandria, August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, and Of Mice & Men I consider Metal.

@Black Wizard Gojira is cool, I've given them a shot because of this thread.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
When we are talking straight up Metal, then I am thinking Metallica, Pantera, Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold and Slayer.

Metallica is of course the best way to get into heavy metal, after that I began drifting into Green Day, Punk and Metalcore territories until I began rediscovering straight up heavy metal this year. Pantera made a god like genre that is fucking immortal and never gets old, and that's where Lamb of God comes from. Slayer is the other band in the Big 4 I like other than Metallica, the other half, Anthrax and Megadeath I have never been fond of. Avenged Sevenfold also came across early on, I like Hail to the King but the albums with the late Jimmy Sullivan like City of Evil, the Self Titled and Nightmare are definitely the superior A7X albums.

I definitely like a lot more than just that, stuff like Korn, Asking Alexandria, August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, and Of Mice & Men I consider Metal.

@Black Wizard Gojira is cool, I've given them a shot because of this thread.
fuck yeha dude. Gojira are badass. CHeck all of their stuff out, old stuff is like technical death metal and new shit is atmospheric and heavy as fuck