Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I haven't watched Metalocalypse in such a long time. Funny show though, haha. I remember watching it often when I was buzzed/stoned when I was younger.

I'll be sure to post a song or two whenever I get a chance to hop online! <3
Love that show. There was gonna be another season but apparently Adult Swim wouldn't sign them for another one, so I think right now the creator is trying to find a network to put it on. Would be awesome if he could get a deal with Netflix or something.

Hey this didn't make me puke. Kind of reminds me of The Black Dahlia Murder. Not really a fan of that band, but they sound a lot more like Melodic Death Metal than they do Deathcore/Metalcore.
I'm a pretty big fan of The Black Dahlia Murder. I got to see them live a few times because they played some hometown shows, and they're from a town that's around an hour and a half away from me. I definitely consider TBDM melodic death metal, they get lumped in with deathcore but I don't think they belong at all.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Oh man I hadn't heard anything from those guys in forever. I didn't know they actually had a full length out, I just heard the demo. I have an online friend that I haven't talked to in forever who liked metal, they live in Baltimore and got to go to Maryland Death Fest, where they played. Said they were incredible.

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Love that show. There was gonna be another season but apparently Adult Swim wouldn't sign them for another one, so I think right now the creator is trying to find a network to put it on. Would be awesome if he could get a deal with Netflix or something.

I'm a pretty big fan of The Black Dahlia Murder. I got to see them live a few times because they played some hometown shows, and they're from a town that's around an hour and a half away from me. I definitely consider TBDM melodic death metal, they get lumped in with deathcore but I don't think they belong at all.

What the hell is wrong with Adult Swim? I thought the show was pretty popular.

And yeah, TBDM doesn't deserve to get lumped in with those bands.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with Adult Swim? I thought the show was pretty popular.

And yeah, TBDM doesn't deserve to get lumped in with those bands.
It was pretty popular. But I guess they just didn't want to carry the show anymore. Dumb decision if you ask me, since it was easily the best one they ran at night. A lot better than any of the crappy live action shows they have.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Lamb of God were much cooler as Burn The Priest, IMO. This album surpasses any release of theirs under the Lamb of God name.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Can't believe I hadn't mentioned Cryptopsy yet, a band I've always came back to over the years when I wanted solid death metal. They had an album come out a few years ago that was legit too.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

This is pretty good too. Man, gonna be checking this album out for sure. I went ahead and checked their last one out and thought it was pretty good. Rare occasion for me to get really interested in a deathcore band, so they gotta be doing something right.