Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
You might like Dream Death. They have kind of a similar Doom/Thrash vibe.

Their recent shit sounds good too!

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
You might like Dream Death. They have kind of a similar Doom/Thrash vibe.

Their recent shit sounds good too!

Great stuff. The name sounds kinda familiar, I might have heard a song or two from them but I can't really remember. A lot of bands just kinda blend together when you've heard so many lol.

Reactions: Swift

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

I actually really, really like early Cradle of Filth. Everything from their first demo up until Midian. Things are hit or miss after that. I know a lot of people aren't a huge fan of them getting lumped in with black metal since besides their early stuff there was just heavy black metal influence, and I agree with that but still like the band.

Their new album is surprisingly good though.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I fucking love Formulas <3.

This song has such a "Where The Slime Live" vibe

This one sounds like old school Morbid Angel.

Pretty diverse album.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Check this out. Defeated Sanity usually play some pretty brutal death metal, but they've released a double EP. Dispose of the Dead is pretty straightforward death metal and is pretty good, but damn...Dharmata is straight up Death/Cynic worship and it's great.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
This is solid. Definitely sounds like Atheist/later Death haha. The art on the EP is great.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Solid deathcore. Was pretty surprised when I checked them out since a lot of bands with these kinds of names end up being some pretty generic deathcore, but these guys actually incorporate some melody in there, with some Cradle of Filth like vocals at times, and the breakdown at the end of the song is kinda par for the course but they play more than three notes a minute at least.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Dethkok/Metalocalypse fan? I always thought the show was funny as fuck and loved all the metal references they added in, and all of the metal musicians that end up doing voices and stuff. Loved the fact that it was basically a show for metal fans, and not to mention the music is absolutely awesome. Music made for a cartoon about a band is honestly some of the best melodeath out there.

Man I'm gonna have to spam this thread to keep it from getting buried when you're gone, lol. You and I keep this thing afloat :please:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't watched Metalocalypse in such a long time. Funny show though, haha. I remember watching it often when I was buzzed/stoned when I was younger.

I'll be sure to post a song or two whenever I get a chance to hop online! <3

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score

Solid deathcore. Was pretty surprised when I checked them out since a lot of bands with these kinds of names end up being some pretty generic deathcore, but these guys actually incorporate some melody in there, with some Cradle of Filth like vocals at times, and the breakdown at the end of the song is kinda par for the course but they play more than three notes a minute at least.

Hey this didn't make me puke. Kind of reminds me of The Black Dahlia Murder. Not really a fan of that band, but they sound a lot more like Melodic Death Metal than they do Deathcore/Metalcore.