Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Check out this cosplay, so awesome

12028808_1048412708524239_1801187642106506550_o.jpg

12139962_1048412868524223_397321710917808225_o.jpg

12132535_1048412375190939_7578577248907436149_o.jpg

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Went to Wal-Mart. Picked up an MGS. Went to the checkout. Realized it was Ground Zeroes. Put it back. Bought ring pops.

My quest for MGS continues.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I have not. I was new going into this game, and it has made me regret not playing the games that came before it.

It's never too late. 1,2, and 4 are about Solid Snake so Phantom Pain spoils nothing there.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
There's a DLC outfit pack, it's great.
CS3gDTIUwAAm-l3.jpg

CS3oTd6UwAAqtx6.jpg

CS4MSZGUkAAbVV4.jpg

I'll pull it together and 100% it one day ok.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
So I am really getting sucked into all this shit, played through Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain, Snake Eater and playing through Peace Walker now, also about half way through the Metal Gear Solid 1 Movie (Avoided Twin Snakes as I read someone saying its as if Otacon was telling an extremely cheesy and dramatic version of MGS 1). My main issue is a lack of a PS3 so I will just need to prolong my playthroughs of MGS 2 and Peace until after Xmas when I can afford a pre owned PS3 and MGS 4 (Will likely also pick up the PS1 Classics version of MGS).

Also if you are a big fan of MGS watch DarkSydePhil playthrough the games, its so awful but so great. He played through MGS 3 and never once used CQC and said the Volgin Battle and The Boss fight were terrible despite Volgin being an awesome brawl and The Boss' fight being one of the best written and most amazing things in gaming.

Now I kinda want to just wrap up MGS 3 and 5 with writing a little bit about it cause I love talking about MGS, also spoiler alert.

So MGS V wrapped up with a underwhelming end and thats not from the plot twist. The Truth mission and the Truth tapes are amazing my main issue is Kingdom Of The Flies, Mission 51 and Chapter 3: Peace. This game is the most polished and well executed gameplay ever and honestly spoiled me to the point where Fallout 4 is unbearable to play sometimes because of how clunky it is but its story is unfinished and while reading some threads from /r/NeverBeGameOver I hold out hopes for Kojima at the game awards, it may sound silly but I would not be surprised if the Konami/Kojima thing is all a ruse I mean remember Moby Dick Studios? It sounds silly but its Kojima and it seems weird for him to travel across the world (under the Kojima Productions name may I add, TGA have his picture with the Kojima Productions logo) and with Stefanie Joosten (Quiet) and the singer of Sins Of The Father for the possibility of an award. TGA's have been used for big MGS announcements before and I hold out hope for Chapter 3 or at least Mission 51, the feeling of Phantom Pains from the missing content feels intentional so I will continue to wear my tin foil hat. Some side notes of this: Despite Mission 51 cutscenes being "30% complete) they seem more 70-80% complete with only lip synching and textures needing work and it feels very un Kojima to leave out content and then it being in the collectors edition, there is also mysteries surrounding the Nuclear FOB Cutscene, we have a lot to study and look at so hopefully at the TGA's when Kojima Productions takes its rightful award of best developer (despite Bethesda being nominated for its buggy, clunky and broken mess Fallout 4) we might get some answers.

Now MGS 3 is a polar opposite, its quite frankly the best game I have ever played, maybe not my favourite due to some Smash Melee nostalgia but its so beautiful in its Boss Battles (The End Battle is the most well crafted boss battle I have ever seen), its story, its gameplay and the best thing ever its 3 dimensional characters. Revolver Ocelot, Volgin, EVA, The Boss, The Sorrow, Snake etc this game has the best characters in the series for so many reasons. Ocelot is a cocky arrogant twat with some awesome skills but then turns out to be helping you and sparing you intentionally throughout the game, The Sorrow with his broken glasses and bleeding eye showing his lifes end that The Boss was forced to give him making you feel sympathy for him and The Boss while all along she was a true patriot who saved the world. The story was so well crafted that it could be named just Snake Eater and be released without any other Metal Gear games and still stand as one of the best games ever. I love this game and I don't think I will ever play anything like it again, it seems that this kind of great gameplay and story is forgot these days, it seems we either sacrifice any gameplay for a great story (Life Is Strange, Walking Dead) or gameplay with a bad story (Mirrors Edge, Fallout). I just want more of things like MGS 3 which makes MGS V very disappointing for me.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Went to Wal-Mart. Picked up an MGS. Went to the checkout. Realized it was Ground Zeroes. Put it back. Bought ring pops.

My quest for MGS continues.
lmfao!
It's never too late. 1,2, and 4 are about Solid Snake so Phantom Pain spoils nothing there.
I keep arguing with my friend over this. I keep telling him that Phantom Pain is the prequel, the bridge to MGS1. I keep telling him that what he's been playing is more or less "Metal Gear." And I do mean Metal Gear on MSX/NES. Because you're infiltrating locations next to Zanzibar or Zanzibarland.

It doesn't really spoil you, but it won't make sense unless you played at least MGS1, 2, or 3. Some of the cassettes in the game references at least all 3 games, and/or 4. Kojima wanted to plug up the holes in the MGS storyline with Phantom Pain, and really wrap it up.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Too bad Phantom Pain opens more holes and makes us asks more questions. That game did nothing for me as a lifelong fan, didn't feel like a Metal Gear game at all.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Too bad Phantom Pain opens more holes and makes us asks more questions. That game did nothing for me as a lifelong fan, didn't feel like a Metal Gear game at all.
I felt the same. Especially if you finish the main missions. AND listen to ALL Cassettes.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
The first hour was so great, but then you get dragged out into a world with minimal interest. Sure, the gameplay is awesome-- up until the ladder end, but gameplay shouldn't be the driving factor. If we could trade the gameplay for more experiencs like the intro I would in a heartbeat.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The first hour was so great, but then you get dragged out into a world with minimal interest. Sure, the gameplay is awesome-- up until the ladder end, but gameplay shouldn't be the driving factor. If we could trade the gameplay for more experiencs like the intro I would in a heartbeat.
The rest of the game was fine, the problem is that it's lacking the same formula that we've known Kojima; awesome bosses, awesome storyline from start to finish. Like when Phantom Snake goes evil in that camp full of infecteds, I LOOOOOVE the atmosphere, it reminds me of a scary movie - it made me think "this could've been Silent Hills."

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
The rest of the game was fine, the problem is that it's lacking the same formula that we've known Kojima; awesome bosses, awesome storyline from start to finish. Like when Phantom Snake goes evil in that camp full of infecteds, I LOOOOOVE the atmosphere, it reminds me of a scary movie - it made me think "this could've been Silent Hills."
What we got was random missions with objectives to reach-- only to be rewarded with a little bit of talk at the end of it, and a cutscene peppered in here and there if we were lucky. When Chapter One ended I was so disappointed, I thought the game was over. And then we got the prelude of 'things to come' in Chapter Two. It was a pretty cool moment, until you see that half of the next set of the missions were replays, and most of all the supposed ending didn't even make it to the main game.

I realize that was moreso the part of Konami pulling the plug, but why not make the rest of it apart of the first chapter?

If you look it up there was supposed to be three chapters(some people even found evidence he wanted to go five chapters), so what we got was only a chunk of Kojima's vision. It sucks that happened, but all we can really judge is what we got. And what we got was a nice game to play, with only fractions of story elements sprinkled throughout(including all of the cassette tapes) like I said.