Marvel Heroes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
So, recently Gazillion released a free to play, hack and slash dungeon crawler, in the vein of Diablo, based in the Marvel Universe. At the start of the game you have your choice of any of the 5 starting characters (Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Thing, Storm, & Daredevil), and 1 of the remaining 4 will be unlocked at random after chapter 1, and at the end of the game. Other characters, such as Spider-Man, Wolverine, The Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and others can be obtained either as random drops in the game, or purchased with real money.

I have been playing this game rarely for the last week, and so far only have Storm & Scarlet Witch(who I would have to say from the comics are the 2 most powerful of the starting 5), and being a Diablo fan it is really entertaining if you are just looking for a way to kill some time. I doubt I would ever spend money on the game, as the one item I wanted to get I was able to with this weekends "thank you" gift that was given out for the server being down for an extended period of time that I happened to be asleep during.

Is anybody playing? If you would like to add me as a friend in game, it is the same as my username on the forums, just no capitals.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So it's like DC Universe and Diablo combined just with Marvel characters? It totally looks like it's worth checking it out. Well anytime you get a free game like this with so much to do it's pretty much always something worth checking out.

I may try it out over the next couple days, I'll add ya.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Its a bit closer to Diablo 2 than any other game I have played. DCUO was an attempt at the MMORPG market, in this one you select an existing hero, instead of someone granting "norms" powers.

If I am not mistaken, the developer(s) actually worked on D2, and the game will have expansions released, new characters added, on top of the daily & special events(fighting Venom seems to appear about every hour, and he is the special event I farm, as he has given me the best item drops), so beating the game doesn't leave you with nothing to do. You can switch between characters you own on the fly(although you will be brought back to your last check point, or if its a lvl 1 character the option to restart the story), and if you ever see a "Black Suit" Spider-Man, you can laugh knowing that guy spent $300US on the game before it was even in Beta.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't think I've got further than 15 minutes in any Diablo game before I've got stuck or just constantly get killed. This may not be my type of game at all.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Played it for an hour hated sorry but when you only need to use the mouse for something like this it gets boring fast

0.5/10

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
So it's like Marvel Ultimate Alliance? or X-Men Legends. I'll probably check it out. I take it it's a computer game?