Mafia General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I feel like a lot of the times too people who only come in to play mafia not really understanding the vibes of people that are here all the time and it takes a while to be able to get used to those differences.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Mafia players are like a caravan. A lot of sites - have a mafia section, that people bounce from one, two or three. Generally more about a player pool, rather than a particular site.

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
I feel this shit could be sorted out and people could actually play mafia again, would just require someone on any end to admit they were wrong in some capacity
I'd be happy to I just can't think of anything I've done wrong in this instance. Smark mentioned people "bringing up drama from past games" but the person who did that in my last game here was...Smark. I complained about Jeff's flaming and he started bringing up Christmas Mafia to try and prove that I'm a hypocrite or something. It's him that can't let go of past drama and keeps bringing it up when it suits him.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
All I can say is this started with Juice/CP issues and now they're playing together perfectly civilly. This does not need to be difficult

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If you’d be happy to, I’m not sure why your immediate plan of action was to say you’d never play here again. And why you’d come back just to pull out of my game. There was no point where you showed any genuine interest in squashing the beef. It also doesn’t help that you started the hostile interaction with me in that game. So proclaiming you have nothing to apologize for also kinda hampers any path forward. I would think. You then proceed to further attack me on a previous game’s behavior. Which is ironic when you’re accusing me of being the only one to do that.

You ask me not to flame you. I amicably agree that you made a fair enough point (to which you felt the need to prove an unnecessary correction). That should have been the end of it. Then you come back and disparage me for absolutely no reason.

Every post you’ve made has been about the previous game. You’ve mentioned me and/or Jeff in all of them. You’re definitely bringing up previous game drama when you could let it go.

And the fact that you would leave over Jeff drama from that game, proves that you still care.

You and Pendex started that drama at the end of last game when y’all started attacking me because I wasn’t moderating a game I was playing. I didn’t start that fight or bring up anything until you started attacking me too about the way that nobody was doing anything about Jeff or that I was too lenient with my opinions on Jeff and other stupid stuff. I still don’t understand why I bore the brunt of the ire when the host should have if you felt Jeff was being unbearable to you.

I even double checked to be sure and there was no post from me to you until you quoted me talking to Pendex, about him acting out after being lynched, and you immediately started going off on me about Jeff’s behavior, that wasn’t my responsibility, before accusing me of gaslighting and saying you’d never play again in our section. That was your first post to me. You came in hot swinging at me. Not polite or civil. Not a calm discussion about Jeff’s flaming. Immediately blame me for it, accuse me of gaslighting and quitting the site. Of course after that I’m not gonna comeback calm or reserved, either.

As long as you don’t start with me I generally go into each game fresh. If you had stayed in my game it wouldn’t have been brought back up at all. Sister and I had a fight one game, and then we’ve played many since without issue. I don’t care to cling to shit. But, if you start with me first like you did and I find what’s being said ironic or hypocritical, I’ll call it out. I’m just tired of being blamed for the behavior of a player when I was also the player. You should have taken up the issue with Barry.

And speaking of, I wasn’t the one who went into Barry’s sign-up threads and said he wasn’t gonna play because he didn’t get an apology from Barry in the previous game or drag drama out for months by consistently bumping old posts up.

If there’s an issue with someone I try to handle upfront and resolve it immediately. Which I’ve done with several players in the last month. Both as a player and as a host. It’s preferable to carrying the weight of beefing with someone.

If you’re serious about burying the hatchet and moving forward in the section, I’d be happy to move this to private chats. I’m more than willing to say I’m sorry for my part in certain things, but you have to be willing to meet me halfway. The ball is in your court. I’d love to kill this and get back to mafia.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Anyone that knows me for any like legitimate amount of time knows that I let almost anything go if you do. I am a very chill, easy-going guy that doesn’t want to have beef with anyone. Pendex came back and played a game and he quoted me just to make sure we were good and I said we’re good brother. I hope you come back and play again. And I meant it.

I hope to see him play. Maybe even my current game. Ekko even said he’d play if Pendex did. I hope so.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
meh, mafia is like the 10th most important thing on here at best so break between games isn't a big deal either way afaic . not like this is a mafia site

yeah idk why it's of any importance to recruit people from other websites to only play mafia anyways hen there is already a large user base here. make a bunch of wrestling theme games and prob get more casuals, too.

Eh I don’t really think stuff like this is helpful when you’re interjecting it into a thread where people are trying to solve the problems. Like if you have this opinion then fine, but why bother coming into the MAFIA general discussion topic in the MAFIA section where people are talking about MAFIA just to say that mafia isn’t important?

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
mean-grls-get-along.gif

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
The actual problem is quite hard to solve. It seems clear that your current user base don’t have the appetite for mafia and obv a lot of potential players have been pretty alienated and you’ve said you’re not really interested in recruiting people just to play mafia so not sure of the way forward short of a burying the hatchet between a lot of folks which seems highly unlikely. I do think having some actual good quality games hosted here would help as some of the recent ones have been a mess that could probably be considered bastard lol and I know that’s soured a few people coming back for more. But the only way I see to get it more active is to partner with some other mafia sites and try and give this section a bit of a unique flavour that you don’t get on the others so much so that it fills a niche. Like our forum is getting known as the place to go for competitive games, WG is known for button smashing SRM games, MU is the high activity spam games etc. you could try and craft an identity of solid games that are casually played, idk.

that would obv mean making an effort to recruit people just to play mafia, advertise your games on other sites etc so if that’s not really something you are interested in then I think it’s a case of either just pull the plug on the mafia section here, or just leave the status quo as it is currently

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Eh I don’t really think stuff like this is helpful when you’re interjecting it into a thread where people are trying to solve the problems. Like if you have this opinion then fine, but why bother coming into the MAFIA general discussion topic in the MAFIA section where people are talking about MAFIA just to say that mafia isn’t important?
I don't really care, I'm not trying to solve anything, just commenting on ppl still bitching and whining and bringing my name up umprompted. Not my job to figure out everyone else's drama

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
There is no problem to solve other than that. Games run when they run, play elsewhere when they don't. Easy solve and it's not that deep. Games not running often isn't a real problem

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It's a public forum , on top of my name being brought up. I'm allowed to comment on wtv I want much like you. If you don't like my opinion u can also ignore it, lol. Again, not my fault you guys can't fix ur drama. I just gave u an easy fix: play when games run n play elsewhere when they don't. IF the current user base doesnt wanna play, maybe take the hint if othed places run games at a pace that's better for u. It's a niche game on a forum, again, not that deep

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I mean Skybox coming to play with our group was a massive shock, and we had a good competitive game. Huge considering the heat in the room but mostly everyone was very chill about it and just played the game.

I'm on a little break myself right now cos I get too emotionally invested and need to just walk away.

I agree with Poyser though, having different sites to play at, with a good core group of players who do like to frequent the same places, makes for a more enjoyable experience.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Tl Dr no one gives a fuck if u play elsewhere, it's not an actual problem. Just stop complaining I between every game n trying to reinvent the wheel. Spend that energy signing up (or not) n move on with ur lives lol