Mafia General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
it is what it is. just seems strange, because people have said much ruder things about setups in the past. But whatever.
And I would say they were wrong to do so as well, and Grim has gotten upset over criticism over his setups in the past as well. As has Smark, it's a prettyy sensitive topic. The exception being when Grim makes bastard games, where he EXPECTS people to rage post game and its almost kind of encouraged as a gag. thats how i see it at least.

and like no one was even arguing this setup wasnt super harsh for scum, but making it personal by saying you are actively mocking someone elsewhere is pretty bad and serves only to make the host feel like shit

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
it is what it is. just seems strange, because people have said much ruder things about setups in the past. But whatever.
TP isn’t in any kind of real trouble. I wasn’t even speaking from a place of authority. I was just saying for my personal opinion it would be better if you could give your criticism a little bit more constructively.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and yes I inculde myself in ppl who have bitched and moaned about setups in the past. I don't justify my own behavior there either, it was trashy

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
TP isn’t in any kind of real trouble. I wasn’t even speaking from a place of authority. I was just saying for my personal opinion it would be better if you could give your criticism a little bit more constructively.

I mean whether you like it or not you are the authority. unfortunately, you can't turn this off. I think this get lost in translation a lot - because as the owner, you create a situation of authority by default. I have Jeff on ignore, but I'm just guessing that he has been going his best to get a reaction out of T-Pein throughout.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I mean whether you like it or not you are the authority. unfortunately, you can't turn this off. I think this get lost in translation a lot - because as the owner, you create a situation of authority by default. I have Jeff on ignore, but I'm just guessing that he has been going his best to get a reaction out of T-Pein throughout.
I’m allowed to personally think that TP should handle things better without telling him you’re getting punished for not doing it better.

Even if it were, asking him not to flame shouldn’t be an issue when his issue was someone else flaming.

For the record, Jeff has told me he sent you an apology so whenever you want to unblock him it’ll be waiting for you. Not saying you have to though just letting you know.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I haven't baited TP at all, I just defended Grim. I have only responded to his posts.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I raised concerns with Smark privately and what I’ve been told is that from now on, these negative behaviours aren’t going to be tolerated further. This echoes what Smark has said in here.

The fact of the matter is that the behaviour displayed by some people in these games is turning people off and preventing this section from growing and thriving. That’s unavoidable, and I’ve literally had people who would otherwise be playing mafia here say that’s why they aren’t.

Frankly, it shouldn’t matter who started it, who brought it up again after x amount of time, or whatever. Every individual has to make a conscious choice to ignore and not engage in this behaviour as that’s the only way that any sort of progress can be made. We’re all adults here so there’s no reason why that’s not possible.

I think that everyone who acted in a way that they shouldn’t have done in this game has been held accountable. It doesn’t need to be discussed further and everyone just needs to agree that mistakes were made and regrettable things were said and done and then we move on. Leave these things in the game where they belong.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Gah, I shouldn't even jump in as one of the newer players here, but alas.

Things really don't have to get this heated in a fucking game. Yea, Mafia's stressful and causes people to get paranoid. I get that it leads to people being argumentative and all, but I just don't get the toxicity. It's not that serious. A few months from now, most people won't remember the details of this game (at least I hope not XD )

People shitting on Grim for the setup is just unnecessary IMO. When I started playing, there were plenty of references made to the fact that Grim likes to have some weird setups in his games. I would assume people that played before knew that when they signed up.

I enjoy the game, and I'd like to see this section grow. Overall, I think it's a cool way for people who don't interact much on the forum to hang out, shoot some shit, and play a completely meaningless game.

Smark should absolutely be allowed to play the game without being expected to come in and referee. To say otherwise is like saying that the manager of a business can't go into their business as a consumer without having to nitpick about what's going on when they're not working. Smark, you're a damn good mafia player, and I truly hope that the bullshit of this game doesn't keep you from playing.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I thought the idea of Grim's game was fun and more inviting as it was simple and basically Werewolf/Mafia as its original idea and not something overly complicated to be "cool" or such. Also, think people forget Werewolf was created to be a stupid party game and some cult level obessed shit.

Anyways, I am out

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Gah, I shouldn't even jump in as one of the newer players here, but alas.

Things really don't have to get this heated in a fucking game. Yea, Mafia's stressful and causes people to get paranoid. I get that it leads to people being argumentative and all, but I just don't get the toxicity. It's not that serious. A few months from now, most people won't remember the details of this game (at least I hope not XD )

People shitting on Grim for the setup is just unnecessary IMO. When I started playing, there were plenty of references made to the fact that Grim likes to have some weird setups in his games. I would assume people that played before knew that when they signed up.

I enjoy the game, and I'd like to see this section grow. Overall, I think it's a cool way for people who don't interact much on the forum to hang out, shoot some shit, and play a completely meaningless game.

Smark should absolutely be allowed to play the game without being expected to come in and referee. To say otherwise is like saying that the manager of a business can't go into their business as a consumer without having to nitpick about what's going on when they're not working. Smark, you're a damn good mafia player, and I truly hope that the bullshit of this game doesn't keep you from playing.
:pals:

Reactions: Tommy Bedlam

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
For what it is worth, I thought the idea of Grim's game was fun and more inviting as it was simple and basically Werewolf/Mafia as its original idea and not something overly complicated to be "cool" or such. Also, think people forget Werewolf was created to be a stupid party game and some cult level obessed shit.

Anyways, I am out
it's a Russian invented game iirc as well

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This is what I try telling people all the time. It was invented as an in real life party game.

The original game is quite simple and played very differently than when it got adapted to forums.

For example you vote all at once at the end, usually.

Also, I tried to tell the wf guys how they did certain things or how they named things were incorrect and tried to act like they invented mafia. Like no, bodyguard dies when his target is shot at. It’s the doctor that saves people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexa