Mae Young Classic 2018 Mae Young Classic 2018 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Drew

Reaction score
I’ll disagree. Lots of gimmicks take a makeover when they move up to the main roster. That’s one of them imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So I decided to make this into the Mae Young Classic 2 Thread for any news on talent coming in and such and with that

https://twitter.com/senjo2006/status...878685696?s=19

Yoo.. I'm hearing on Twitter that Meiko Satomura per Tokyo Sports and the Sendai Girls Twitter that she is going to be in the second Mae Young Classic! I hope that is true and she's going to wreck all, and man Io vs Meiko again on US soil to be seen by non-Joshi fans it's going to be lovely. Meiko is one of the last let's say Sheriffs of Women's Wrestling who are the last of the real legit badass Women Wrestlers who was trained in one of the best eras in Women Wrestling. Watch baby Meiko Matches in Tag Matches and see who are on the other it's pretty scary to see who took her to school and help her get to this point.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Mae Young Classic 2 time yeah I've waited to see this and it's finally here in front of all our faces to watch and enjoy.

Tegan Nox vs. Zatara. Not a bad Match to start off the Show, Nox I've seen In Stardom and she was great with Kay Lee Ray and that moment I saw her I thought she could be a star if she stays healthy. It sucks because Tegan wants to wrestle, she doesn't want to further her name in anything besides Wrestling and it sucks that everytime she gets that opportunity to do so, something bad happens to her. As for Zatara WWE overhyped her loads, she did do her work on the Leg/Knee on Nox like a Vet should, but nothing to make me say hey you are what WWE is saying about you. WWE wants a Masked Luchadora they should look in AAA theirs plenty of better ladies there and Princesa Sugehit they could of signed but decided not to. The Apache family is always a good shout too.

Rhea Ripley vs. MJ Jenkins. My...MY a year has gone by and the difference in Rhea Ripley is a beautiful thing to watch. It's no shock to see her like this, if you follow her work since last year this has always been her. I've seen Millions of ladies like Jenkins, but Ripley separates herself from the pack with her look and charisma. Rhea is a different breed and is going to go far in this business.

Lacey Lane vs. Vanessa Kraven. Yeah this Match felt like I was watching two Baby Deer trying to learn how to walk for the first time. I don't get it WWE, if you want a Tall/Big Girl WWE why didn't you sign Viper last year? She is big, strong, and work her ass off with any lady on the Main Roster right now yet you have Kraven with all the experience in the world, in my opinion the opposite of her. As for Lane loads of potential, but we won't see what comes from her for a few years.

Killer Kelly vs. Meiko Satomura. Thank you Killer Kelly for giving Meiko her warm up Match and that is what it was because Meiko can do that and so much more and people will notice it and enjoy it going forward. You could tell Kelly went up another level because I bet she heard about the info on legacy of Meiko Satomura so she wanted to meet her and show I'm not going to be an afterthought in this Match. We saw a White Belt vs a Black Belt in Striking and intensity and it was pleasure to watch Meiko break down Kelly and do what she wants. I would say though Cole never talk again please, but good first Episode I need to see who is facing in Episode 2.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
First show was boring.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Solid show outside of the Lane/Kraven match. Was this a one night tournament or multiple days? Outside of the finals of course

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Solid show outside of the Lane/Kraven match. Was this a one night tournament or multiple days? Outside of the finals of course

I think the First Round Matches all in one day and the next day they continued up to the finals if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Chris

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Taped over 2 days I believe. I managed to stay away from 90% of the spoilers so i'm not sure how much they taped but I figure it's everything since the finals as that will be done at the Evolution PPV.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
bPZjR1Wl.jpg

GHSD8TUl.jpg

vpOQNW4l.jpg

MRSKd0cl.jpg

Tomorrow's Matches that doesn't get me excited.

Mercedes Martinez vs Ashley Rayne
Kacy Catanzaro vs Reina Gonzalez
Deonna Purrazzo vs Priscilla Kelly
Aerial Monroe vs Zeuxis

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Mae Young Classic, Sept. 12, 2018 preview: Ashley Rayne, Mercedes Martinez collide in First-Round dream match

20180830_MatchGraphic_MYC_AshleyMercedes--885487495ac03d7e7ceee895cf7431ea.jpg

The First Round of the Mae Young Classic continues with four explosive matchups, including a main event between two of the tournament’s most seasoned and decorated competitors, Ashley Rayne and Mercedes Martinez.

Mercedes Martinez and Ashley Rayne, two of the Mae Young Classic’s most battle-tested warriors, are set for action in a highly intriguing First-Round Match.

The Latina Sensation and The Queen Bee are bonded by similarities: Both are seasoned veterans who’ve competed around the world, and both are incredibly decorated grapplers. Combined, they’ve captured practically every women’s title on the independent scene. Yet, Martinez and Rayne are surely looking at this year’s event from very different vantage points.

Martinez excelled in last year’s Mae Young Classic, advancing all the way to the Semifinals thanks to her supremely hard-hitting ring style that is loaded with back-bending suplexes, ferocious strikes and painful submission holds. This year, she searches for redemption.

Rayne, on the other hand, is looking for validation, having never competed in a WWE ring during her 13-year career. Though she’s attained tremendous success outside of WWE, the multiskilled Queen Bee has always viewed WWE as the final destination. Against Martinez, she’ll finally get her chance to show the WWE Universe what they’ve been missing.

Which fan favorite will prevail and move on to the Second Round? Find out this Wednesday on WWE Network.

Kacy Catanzaro makes much-anticipated WWE Network debut against Reina González

20180830_MatchGraphic_MYC_KacyReina--8ebe83bda1bc91d28df2f694b6f7cf9d.jpg

“American Ninja Warrior” trailblazer Kacy Catanzaro is no stranger to overcoming steep obstacles, but even she has never faced a task quite as tall as conquering Reina González, her opponent in the First Round of the Mae Young Classic.

A returning competitor from last year’s tournament, the 6-foot-tall González is one of the biggest and strongest women in the Mae Young Classic, and she’s made huge strides since her debut in the inaugural tournament, having been pegged by WWE Performance Center coaches as one of the roster’s most improved grapplers.

The 5-foot-tall Catanzaro won’t be able to match González’s sheer physicality, but given Catanzaro’s otherworldly athleticism and an innovative ring style that’s heavily influenced by her gymnastics background, expectations remain high for “Mighty Kacy” in her much-anticipated WWE Network debut.

The Virtuosa clashes with Priscilla Kelly

20180830_MatchGraphic_MYC_DeonnaPriscilla--2b23dcd55d1953f0619fa01cc43999bf.jpg

Priscilla Kelly is renowned for her mind games inside the ring, but her psychological warfare will be put to the test when she faces the supremely determined Deonna Purrazzo in the First Round.

After being an alternate in last year’s Mae Young Classic, Purrazzo promised herself that she wouldn’t return to a WWE ring unless it was as an official Classic competitor. The Virtuosa not only accomplished that goal, but she also generated such a buzz on the independent circuit that she earned herself an NXT contract. Now that she’s set for tournament action, Purrazzo looks to use her specialty hold, the Fujiwara Armbar, to break opponents’ arms en route to the Final.

Standing in her way will be the 21-year-old Kelly, who, much like Purrazzo, has turned plenty of heads on the indies. Can Kelly’s tricks and unorthodox in-ring tactics lead her to victory, or will Purrazzo’s armbar have Hell’s Favorite Harlot screaming “uncle”?

Big Swole battles Mexico’s Zeuxis

20180830_MatchGraphic_MYC_AerialZeuxis--d16b00973b8c5d79b37d35e86c2819d2.jpg

The WWE Universe will get its first look at “Lucha Strong Style” when Mexico’s Zeuxis meets “Big Swole” Aerial Monroe in a First-Round Match this Wednesday on WWE Network.

A stalwart of the Mexican women’s wrestling, Zeuxis comes to the Mae Young Classic with plenty of championships to her résumé. She also possesses one of the most jaw-dropping moves of any tournament competitor in the form of her top-rope Spanish Fly.

A hard-hitting veteran of the U.S. Air Force, Aerial Monroe is unlikely to be intimidated by Zeuxis’ impressive history. Trained by Southern wrestling legend George South and her husband, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Cedric Alexander, Big Swole has the power and confidence to go the distance, provided she can get past Zeuxis’ aerial attack.

See which competitor soars to the Second Round when the Mae Young Classic streams Wednesday at 9/8 C on WWE Network.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
bPZjR1Wl.jpg

GHSD8TUl.jpg

vpOQNW4l.jpg

MRSKd0cl.jpg

Tomorrow's Matches that doesn't get me excited.

Mercedes Martinez vs Ashley Rayne
Kacy Catanzaro vs Reina Gonzalez
Deonna Purrazzo vs Priscilla Kelly
Aerial Monroe vs Zeuxis
I've heard amazing things about how Kacy moves in the ring. I'm looking forward to it.

And I can't help, but feel excited for Rayne's WWE debut.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Big Swole top 3 nickname of all time

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I see WWE has already found their Paige replacement to fulfill that Goth girl type.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm just calling it.....Renee Young makes Coachman sound like Howard Cossell

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This Big Swole chick looks like Lio Rush.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock