Madison Square Garden - Closing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Courtesy pwinsider.com....

END OF AN ERA LOOMING: NEW YORK ORDERS MADISON SQUARE GARDEN TO MOVE

Madison Square Garden, the most famous Arena in the world and for much of the WWF/WWE's history, their most important venue, was officially informed today that their lease to operate on their current location has been officially limited to the next decade.
The New York Council voted 47-1 yesterday to limit the lease as they want the venue to move to another location in order to expand and modernize Penn Station, the train station that sits underneath the property.

MSG, owned by Cablevision, is in the midst of a self-financed renovation that has cost nearly one billion dollars.

The venue has hosted more WWF/WWE title changes than any other venue as well as three Wrestlemanias, the first Summerslam, the first Elimination Chamber bout and many, many other important moments in WWE history.

The story has turned into a major story in the NYC area.

The current version of MSG opened in 1968. It is the fifth location for the Arena since the original opened in 1879
This Does Suck I Hope It Doesn't Go Down. I'm Really Glad I Got The Chance To Go To MSG When I Was 7 For A WWE Show.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Does it mention where it'll be moving? Maybe it'll stay in the NY/NJ area somewhere. After all it did mention that it's moved a grand total of five times already...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Terrible goverance by the New York Council to inform them of this just after MSG spent a billion dollars on renovations. I assume that there will be a lawsuit or two out of this and the owners will seek a payout. By the end of the next ten years it will have been in that spot for over half a century so they are moving a lot of history. Has survived moves before though and I am sure it will again.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Why move the biggest thing that gets them money to another location which is going to be inconvenient for some people?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
First they have a guy running for mayor who can't stop showing his dick.

Now this, what's going on NY?