• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lucha Underground on El Rey

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned

This tournament takes place in March 2018 and is the first evidence I've seen of the dates of LU's tapings. Not sure what history says about the length of time between the first taping and the first episode, anybody know?

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe

This tournament takes place in March 2018 and is the first evidence I've seen of the dates of LU's tapings. Not sure what history says about the length of time between the first taping and the first episode, anybody know?

The tapings of Season 3 started in March of 2016 and the first episode aired in September. The first episode of season 4 will probably air sometime in August or September.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
The tapings of Season 3 started in March of 2016 and the first episode aired in September. The first episode of season 4 will probably air sometime in August or September.
That's not awful, could definitely be worse considering the only info they've actually given us is "2018". And as much as it's really a fairly reasonable gap to produce a whole season of high quality TV, at least 7-8 months is still A LONG FUCKIN TIME TO WAIT AAAAAAAARGH

123seanwwf

Jobber
That's not awful, could definitely be worse considering the only info they've actually given us is "2018". And as much as it's really a fairly reasonable gap to produce a whole season of high quality TV, at least 7-8 months is still A LONG FUCKIN TIME TO WAIT AAAAAAAARGH

Yeah it is. hopefully they will change that. or run some house shows.

123seanwwf

Jobber

those are good replacements.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned

WEEE WOOOO WEEE WOOOO

that's an earlier taping date even than we were expecting! Yeeeeeeeeeee

It'd suck if they couldn't use the Temple, but if Dario is staying gone, a move would definitely make sense story wise. Also, extra credibility points to this mini thread because Vinnie Massaro (the vest wearing italian dude whose arm pentagon broke) replied, which he wouldn't have done if it was all bs.

That little note of "news within the week" also has me very, very excited indeed...

EDIT: Chris DeJoseph liked the tweet too, and he's a co-executive producer...!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal

WEEE WOOOO WEEE WOOOO

that's an earlier taping date even than we were expecting! Yeeeeeeeeeee

It'd suck if they couldn't use the Temple, but if Dario is staying gone, a move would definitely make sense story wise. Also, extra credibility points to this mini thread because Vinnie Massaro (the vest wearing italian dude whose arm pentagon broke) replied, which he wouldn't have done if it was all bs.

That little note of "news within the week" also has me very, very excited indeed...

EDIT: Chris DeJoseph liked the tweet too, and he's a co-executive producer...!

:yes:

Can't wait for season 4, baybay!

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
WELCOME BACK TO EPISODE 4(ISH) OF "GEEK CARRIES THE LU THREAD"!

EXCLUSIVE First Look At The New Temple For Lucha Underground Season 4

Taping tickets go on sale tomorrow (if you're in California then go if you can, the rest of us envy that opportunity!) which means taping date confirmations!

Also - it's a new location! The article has pictures, obviously it's not been put together much at all yet but you can see the seats, balcony and where the ring will go. Gotta say I'm a teeny bit nervous, the place used to be cold storage which is SUCH a different vibe to the old temple with its warm colours and stuff like the seating looks VERY different to the bleachers from before.

On the other hand, there's more room for people without it losing the cult-ish smallness, the journalist who wrote the article is optimistic about the whole place, that wraparound balcony is a whole world of potential and, very intriguingly, the other side of the room to the photographs apparently contains spoilers! What on *earth* could be there at such an early stage that'd give anything away?!

Finally, the producers talked about being "efficient" and filming vignettes on weekdays, with wrestling on *three day* taping weekends. That sounds like very intelligent management but what it also sounds like is A FASTER TURNAROUND!!! Maybe itll be late spring or early summer???

CHOO CHOO PREMATURE HYPE TRAIN COMING THROUGH

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
https://411mania.com/wrestling/details-weeks-lucha-underground-tv-tapings/

Tapings start today (yay!) but apparently, there are "no places to jump off"??? But we saw that wrap around balcony thingy in the report in the post above? Are they not putting the ring in that room? Did they take the balcony down? I'M CONFUSED, AS WELL AS EXCITED (there's a bad sentence to take out of context)

EDIT: Luchablog saw this too, so I'm not going crazy!

EDIT2: There's a conclusion! Hooray for high spots!

Last edited: