Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #33 was good. The ME, Son of Havoc vs Son of Madness was really good and the highlight of the show.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #34 was decent, but nothing to write home about. They did a good job of setting up next week's show, as well as Ultima Lucha III, though.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #35 was good as we continue the build towards Ultima Lucha III which starts in two weeks. I cannot wait!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #36 was good and fun, I enjoyed it. Looking forward to Ultima Lucha Tres!

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Fox vs. Killshot, oh man was that good! I know you had to have loved that one, @Geek773 ;). Seriously though, a great ending to an incredible feud. And it is so refreshing to see glass and barbed wire back in the eye of a mainstream TV audience for a change, even if we only get it maybe once or twice a year. CZW boys representing hard at UL3!

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't open the notif that said Jeff mentioned me because I was like three weeks behind on LU. I caught up today. Unsurprisingly, after watching, I had an idea why I was tagged before I got here...

Though it will be forever overshadowed, Famous B/Wagner vs Texano was an alright comedy match to kick off UL3. The levity was definitely needed. Hope those three do something cool as a trio at some point.

Killshot vs Fox was astounding and brilliant, not because I lust for blood but because it was appropriately violent. Deathmatch (glass, barbed wire etc) isn't generally my thing because I'm squeamish but for two kayfabe soldiers, it wouldn't have worked to end a feud with a wrestling match. Psychology and characters absolutely amazing, bumps shocking. Some fantastic moves in there too. Loved it.

Johnny Mundo (c) vs Pentagon Dark (LU Championship)
Rey Mysterio vs Prince Puma
Mil Muertes vs Cage (for the Gauntlet)
Killshot vs Dante Fox (Gift of the Gods, I think the 7-way will happen before UL)
Rabbit Tribe vs The Reptiles (Trios Championship)
Fenix vs Marty "The Moth" (for Melissa? somehow?)
Son of Havoc vs Son of Madness (Deathmatch probably, since Madness prolly wants Havoc dead)
Taya vs Ivelisse? Or whatever match was booked just after UL2, if memory serves?

Fuckin' hell, I was some way off with that card prediction, wasn't I?! I was right about Killshot/Fox happening and a 1v1 GotG title match, right about a gauntlet match involving Muertes (but not Crane) and to some extent about Fenix/Marty. That however, is about it (unless you count the bottom one, which was pre booked and I still managed to get one of the women confused xD). Good work for being unpredictable, LU, but I think I like my card better? Also, sad that ReyRey wasn't around for UL3 but Matanza gave him quite the brutal sendoff.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Part 1 of Ultima Lucha Tres was very good. It was pretty much a one match show, but that match was fucking great. Killshot vs Fox absolutely ruled. Damn, Ultima Lucha Tres is off to a great start.

Reactions: Geek773

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
UL3 week two was also fantastic. The opening battle royal was a bit of fun and suitably short, Mack winning was obviously the right call, and sets him up nicely to go for the Trios titles as speculated. Putting him with Fox and Killshot is a fantastic idea and makes the odds almost insurmountable - if the Reptiles lose it's surely a death knell for them. Also, still unsure why they wouldn't have just faced the Rabbit Tribe?!

Ivelisse vs Catrina was kinda cool, awesome visuals. There wasn't much to it but then Ivelisse hasn't been seen all year so it's to be expected. Crane turning on Ivelisse was super unexpected, can only imagine Crane doing better as a heel. But with him now whipped by Catrina, it seems, Cage/Mil/Crane will be fascinating. Fairly certain that Cage will win as he has nothing to do but the Gauntlet, in which case I'm interested to see where Mil/Crane goes next season (if anything at all happens for LU "next season"... :( ) as this thrown-together triple threat presumably isn't the climax of their feud.

The system of having a different main event each night means each match is as good as it can possibly be, Fenix/Marty is the second match to benefit from this. Amazing, super emotionally charged, fantastic near-falls. I thought Mariposa could've been turned later, but after the way she was received in the Cueto Cup turning her face was absolutely the right thing to do. Melissa is fantastic at everything she does, and her being alongside Fenix will elevate them both. And from the shaved head to no Mariposa to no Melissa... the future for Marty "The Moth" is as bright - or as dark - as it could possibly be. Awesome stuff, can't wait to have my mind blown further next week.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Part 2 of Ultima Lucha Tres was pretty good.

- The Battle Royal was alright, it only served to give The Mack a feel-good win as well as set up a trios title match for next week.

- Ivelisse vs Catrina was good for what it was, but I felt it should've lasted longer.

- Fenix vs The Moth was a great ME with a great pay-off.

Can't wait for more of Ultima Lucha Tres!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Part 3 of Ultima Lucha Tres was so good. Ultima Lucha Tres continues to deliver!

- Sexy Star vs Taya was a pretty good and intense show opener. They had an invested crowd, they beat the crap out of each other and it really came off as if they hated each other, I liked it a lot.

- The Mack, Killshot & Fox vs The Reptile Tribe was pretty good and fun and the title change was absolutely the right call.

- Pentagon Dark vs Son of Havoc was a pretty good ME. The ladder spots were fun, the intensity was there, as well as the invested crowd and all in all, they delivered a good and fun bout. If Pentagon cashes in his GOTG title next week (yes, I know he has to announce it in advance first, but I guess Dario can give it a pass this time because he's El Jefe and can do anything he wants) and becomes LUG champ, I'll mark. It's been long overdue.

- The closing segment with Vamp and Puma was intriguing. Vamp has his own master now? That pretty much means he's been manipulating Puma this whole time? Damn, LUG is so awesome.

Can't wait for next week's show and the grand season finale, it's going to be two hous long! :yes:

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Very happy about two hours for next week's show. Really enjoyed the last two matches of this week, they were both great. Won't comment on the main event as I had it spoiled - rather, I got a small spoiler many months ago but only connected the dots after watching last week - and I'm very sure I'm right.

So, so concerned for Lucha Underground's future. I hope they get the money they need, I hope they get bought by some competent people, I hope they get new episodes to Netflix. And I hope they keep enough great talent to be as great as they have been up to now.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Here's something interesting I found on /r/LuchaUnderground. Looks hopeful, but doesn't change the fact that Puma, probably Fenix and maybe others won't be around for a season four.

Edit: By LLC I'm assuming they mean the company of Lucha Underground itself.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Part 4 of Ultima Lucha Tres was a great show and a great season finale. Man, if this is the end of LUG, I am gonna miss it so much.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Oh my fucking god. So much stuff. The matches were all phenomenal, the spoiler I got was that Pentagon would be champ in the end, but I forgot all about it until he won the Gift of the Gods, at which point it clicked. Puma was portrayed wonderfully, transcendent performances. Never used to get why people argue Ricochet as the best wrestler in the world, but he just can do no wrong. So many big players who could do great things in season four. The vignettes were all great. So many things have me shook but the biggest is that Dario is either dead or out of action - and almost certainly not managing the temple, if Winter gets his way. How will LU function without Dario, and who could possibly replace him?!

I'll probably have wrinkles before season four arrives, but it seems like it will arrive and I will wait with bated breath.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

YES! I'm actually so relieved it's happening and within a year. Get in!

Reactions: Prince Bálor