Lucha Libre Show to be Created, Along w/ Cruiserwight Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
WWE is also looking at doing a Lucha Libre show with high-flying Spanish wrestlers and Spanish announcers. With the Cruiserweights show also set for this November, the bottom line is that WWE is looking to do a lot more TV shows this year as they prepare for the Network launch.

- pwpix.net

I'm all for a lucha libre show and a Cruiserwight show, even keeping them separate and more traditional. I would say that it would probably be more cost effective for wwe to buy out LLUSA and their roster for a lucha show though and then use their own high flying small guys for their Cruiserwight brand.

What are your thoughts on the creation of two more shows?

I also think they need to make tag team and diva wrestling a focus on superstars then, with at least two divas and tag matches every week getting good time in the ring and on the mic/vignettes

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Imo might as well make it all one show rather than make them separate shows since the only real difference will be the spanish announcers as in ring style wise the focus on both will be fast pace action. I like the idea though if anything needs a show the most it would be the divas.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd prefer them to be merged into one, but if they're going to do them seperate then just have the Lucha show available to the Hispanic market and the Cruiserweight show available to the rest given the whole language barriers.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well lucha does have different rules than wwe or Cruiserwight wrestling, as well as different sizes and weights. Dont get real lucha confused with some shit that gets passed off. If they are going to make it true to real lucha libre rules without weight limits, then yeah they need to separate them from the cruiser weights under wwe rules. If they are going to just place the lucha show under wwe rules, merge them into one thing

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'll be honest, I don't know anything about the rules and what not of Lucha Libre but when I read the report I just pictured a bunch of guys who were the body types of Rey/Cara/Hunico etc all wearing masks and speaking Spanish, whereas as the Cruisers would be your Kidd/Gabriel/Bourne etc.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well some differences are
- if you use a move like a pile driver which is illegal, you are automatically disqualified
- if you demask a guy outside a mask match, you are disqualified, so there would be no fooling with the mask all Rey and Jericho

The biggest difference is tag wrestling as you don't need to tag, just have your legal partner touch the floor with both feet to enter legally. So say a guy does a dive outside, his partner now becomes legal

Luchas also don't need to be defined as big/small which is the way Rey competes now basically. Another thing is the fact lucha wrestling clearly defines good and bad guys by labeling them and that a guy like Goldust would have been an exotics while Hornswoggle would be part of a serious mini division for example

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As I have said before I like the idea of a Crusierweight show, good way to revive the division by giving it it's own show on the Network. There are plenty of talented smaller wrestlers out there that WWE could use for this show so I have high expectations for this show. Will give them a lot more freedom as well since they won't be given three minutes to have a match since they have an entire show for themselves. Should allow them to actually have personalities and storylines as well which will be a bonus.

As for the lucha show I can't see how it will work outside the hispanic market if they have spanish announcers. I would simply start with the crusierweight show and see how that goes before looking into a lucha show.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
With Rey aging they need Hispanic money and fans. Maybe the feel a Rey or Sin Cara led show where he can work his style will make them money, espcially if they wanted to go bold and film in Mexico for instance.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that they need more hispanic stars but putting them all on a show on the WWE Network that will be seen by tens of thousands of fans isn't the best way to go about it. They should sign more hispanic stars but then put them through the main roster like the did with Del Rio and Sin Cara, they need to be on the main show that is seen by millions of fans rather than a fraction of that.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I read part of this thread but WWE doesn't need two shows with light weight talent. They would just get shit on constantly by the internet for not doing the way they want it. So I have to read all that garbage and expect to take it seriously.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree it would be easy enough to add say two or three lucha guys onto the crusierweight show rather than having two seperate shows. It sounds like they will probably have a roster of 8-10 wrestlers so they could easily have a few luchas involved in the show. They could always have a spanish announce team for the crusierweight show as well as the normal announce team.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Honestly think this is a terrible idea....

WWE have worked so hard to get small guys over as a threat and steer away from the "WWE only pushes 6ft 7in roided up bodybuilders" tag. Guys like Punk, Ziggler, Ryder, etc wouldn't of got a second look in the main event a decade ago, now it's pigeonholing anyone of a certain height into a lesser catagory.

'Cruiserweight' goes hand in hand with 'jobber' nowdays.