Lucha Libre Show to be Created, Along w/ Cruiserwight Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't know why they would spend so much money to produce new programming, when they could generate a pretty good audience just on their massive library.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Why do all of you keep saying lucha = cruiserweight? There are big luchas like Del Rio, Jindrak, Tineablis,El Oriental, and so on. Lucha isnt a weight thing. You guys are just focusing on the fact Rey and Cara are small and saying because they are small and luchadores, all luchas are small,which means all luchas are cruiserweights, which is a faulty generalization

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Don't know why they would spend so much money to produce new programming, when they could generate a pretty good audience just on their massive library.
They want to take money from CMLL and AAA, and tap more into the Mexican market where wrestling is a sport

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Luchadores are generally of Mexican descent, which in turn are generally small people.

When you list luchadores and the big men are white guys, well, hence the generality imo.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Luchadores are generally of Mexican descent, which in turn are generally small people.

When you list luchadores and the big men are white guys, well, hence the generality imo.
Jindrak is white but he is one of the more well known big men in Mexico. Manson, Oriental, Tinablias, and guys of that like are big and Mexican (well I've never seen Tineablis unmasked to be fair) much like Del Rio (Dos Caras) was. I'm just saying it is stereotyping

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The general image give to lucha's has usually been the small, crazy flying guys. I honestly have never actually watched Lucha wrestling, so I wouldn't know.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Why do all of you keep saying lucha = cruiserweight? There are big luchas like Del Rio, Jindrak, Tineablis,El Oriental, and so on. Lucha isnt a weight thing. You guys are just focusing on the fact Rey and Cara are small and saying because they are small and luchadores, all luchas are small,which means all luchas are cruiserweights, which is a faulty generalization

I keep saying lucha = crusierweights because that is how WWE will present it. They aren't going to create a whole new version of wrestling just for a show on their network just to appeal to the hispanic market, WWE do like to waste money but they aren't that crazy. WWE will present the americanised version of luchadores which is guys like Mysterio, Psychosis, Super Crazy, Juventud etc.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I rather see them throw some American guys under masks under the guise of luchas than see a bunch of small luchas gets lumped in as cruiserweights on a show. In fact guys like Zeke, Baretta, Yoshi, and numerous others being masked up and given new gear could work and be a fresh start

LHW and CW just don't sit well with me as terms when you have guys like Rey, HBK, Punk, and so on

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I definitely see them getting some American wrestlers under masks as a quick way to add some "luchadores" to the program. It might be a way for Trent Baretta and Yoshi Tatsu to keep their jobs. It won't be hard for WWE to get wrestlers for this show though, there are plenty of cruiserweight sized guys out there in the indies that they could hire and there are a few former WWE employees that they could hire to have a spot on the show.