Lucha Libre discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Negro Casas is the god:

nJghIDv.gif

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Speaking of Negro Casas

Sombra, Negro Casas, Rush vs. Euforia, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr happened last night. CubsFan better fucking upload this match.

Reactions: Bort

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Bad quality, but waddaya gonna do:

CMLL 2015/3/20

Mascara vs. Mascara
: Dragon Lee vs. Kamaitachi

This totally lived up to its potential, such an athletic, freaky and nasty apuesta slugfest that eats little babies. In a manner of typical CMLL booking, the first two falls were short, Kamaitachi won the primera with a couple of fantastic Germans, then dominated the segunda via heavy blasts but still lost it via super double stomp. Damn, DL makes that move look like a true killshot. They obviously banked everything on the tercera, and shit man, it paid off big time. They mutilated each other just like in all those build matches, they hit all the signature moves and the crowd loved every second of it. Fucking seven hells, they really fucked up each other on few occasions, those shots were brutal. They botched two spots, probably due to fatigue, but it wasn’t anything scary that would take away from the match. Fantastic lucha de apuesta and I so want to see even more of these two, I want to see them in two totally different situations now – for Dragon’s freshly won title and in another lucha de apuesta. Their chemistry is glorious and they need to milk every atom of it before Kamaitachi returns to New Japan. The most fascinating aspect of this is they managed to get the most out of such a predictable outcome.

****3/4​

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Rewatched the top matches from RDR:

Fenix/Fantasma - good spotfest, but kind of soulless, visually it was spectacular but in the end pro-wrestling is more than "my turn-your turn" big move exchanging.

Villano/Demon - epic throwback smackfest, it was a three act drama and they did one helluva job in recreating the old school lucha, there was a long opening session of hold-for-hold matwork at the beginning, then they switched to nasty blood brawling, then to some short back-and-forth move exchanging to seal the deal. Match very similar to the last year's. These two are slow and not very athletic, but wrestling is the game of minds, not the game of jumping.

Aerostar/Psycho/Mesias/Texano - another excellent match, probably the best 4-way in a decade (?), it was a helluva slugfest, Aerostar did another big ass dive and his two-three minutes of fame in the match were amazing. Texano and Psycho Clown had a relatively long mini-match as the climax of the match where they recreated the magic from TripleMania, it was such a surly brawl, both guys bled a lot. Epic match.

Perros/Flyers - damn good match. Pentagon is just so damn awesome in working against the high flying tecnicos, he makes them look like solid gold. Rey-Rey looked great in his return.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
That Aerostar dive was literally insane lol. Also the cadence on the final fall in the 4 way was a bit odd lol, was it supposed to be a fast count or is that normal?

Reactions: Bort

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Nah, it was the rigged ref. Rigged refs are the pillar of AAA, lol.

AAA announced their international trios tournament, now officially known as Lucha Libre World Cup, will take place on Sunday, May 24th at the Palacio de los Deportes in Mexico City.
Mexico 1 (“Dream Team”): Alberto el Patron, Rey Misterio Jr, Myzteziz
Mexico 2 (drawn from AAA’s roster): winner of Fenix/Electroshock/Fantasma, winner of La Parka/Texano Jr/Cibernetico, winner of Psycho Clown/Zorro/Averno
Mexico 3 (“outsiders”): Blue Demon Jr, Dr. Wagner Jr, TBA

US 1: a team representing Ring of Honor
US 2: a team representing TNA, including Matt Hardy

Japan 1: a team representing Pro Wrestling NOAH, including Taiji Ishimori
Japan 2: a team representing All Japan Pro Wrestling

Rest of the World: TBA (Mundo will be one of them)
thecubsfan

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Lucha Hardy.

El Hermano del Jeff.

El Slam a Tornado.

I can come up with lucha names for Hardy all day

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Team TNA is:

Matt Hardy, Drew Galloway & Ken Anderson.

Wow, much lucha

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Aries, Roode and Galloway would've been more like it, it'd have been such a badass team. But this way, nah.