Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Name is Demonic Flamita now, and he hasn't been working with AAA for a while. Instead, he has been working with Big Lucha, I think is the name, which is Bandito's Gym and promotion. He has too been working with GLEAT as part of Black Generation International.
It's not Bandido's Gym and promotion anymore, he just fucked off from it this week

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Name is Demonic Flamita now, and he hasn't been working with AAA for a while. Instead, he has been working with Big Lucha, I think is the name, which is Bandito's Gym and promotion. He has too been working with GLEAT as part of Black Generation International.
interesting on Big Lucha since them and Bandido just split too and Bandido tried (and failed) to take ppl with him

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It's not Bandido's Gym and promotion anymore, he just fucked off from it this week
some issues between him and the owner, yea. and sounds like some talent were jealous of Gravity getting booked in AEW and felt Bandido was getting his brother over but not them. Mexico seems like a very dramatic place when it comes to wrestling

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
fwiw, according to Cubsfan, it was never Bandidos promotion, he was just a minority stake holder. was just kayfabed as his promotion

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Hence why I said "I think" and I haven't been keep up with all the latest Lucha news since I have been moving, so my bad for bad information.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hence why I said "I think" and I haven't been keep up with all the latest Lucha news since I have been moving, so my bad for bad information.
for sure, I mean until yesterday, I thought it was Bandidos promotion, too. If it wasnt for cubsfan I wouldnt know a godamn thing lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
nothing to be sorry about in either case, its like the wild west down there

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
some issues between him and the owner, yea. and sounds like some talent were jealous of Gravity getting booked in AEW and felt Bandido was getting his brother over but not them. Mexico seems like a very dramatic place when it comes to wrestling
So this entire split happened because some Mexicans had never heard of PAC and wouldn't know why him vs. Gravity would be a fun match

• Haha

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So this entire split happened because some Mexicans had never heard of PAC and wouldn't know why him vs. Gravity would be a fun match
Mexican wrestlers don't understand American Wrestling memes confirmed

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Think it comes down more to loyalty and respect than anything else really.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
it's similar to Japan that way, though Japan has discarded some of those traditions especially after they lost their shirts during the pandemic.

As an aside I always question the "respect" thing though, it just feels like promoters push that stuff to force people into contracts and situations so they can keep them under their umbrella. To me, it's also a job, and you don't really owe any employer undying loyalty forever. Certainly not in an industry where you sacrifice your body. Get that bag.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
As an aside I always question the "respect" thing though, it just feels like promoters push that stuff to force people into contracts and situations so they can keep them under their umbrella.
This is both true and false because in Mexico, for example, it is forced, but sometimes it isn't. Sometimes the owner of a promotion or even arena does genuinely earn the respect of their wrestlers and he always treats them, and you know the rest. On the flip side, there are some that force you to respect them or else. Ironically, I can name a guy who did both lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This is both true and false because in Mexico, for example, it is forced, but sometimes it isn't. Sometimes the owner of a promotion or even arena does genuinely earn the respect of their wrestlers and he always treats them, and you know the rest. On the flip side, there are some that force you to respect them or else. Ironically, I can name a guy who did both lol
I could see this for sure. Sometimes it genuinely feels like a family and everyone is on the same page and going to bat for each other. that's obviously positive. I just don't like people getting blackballed for "daring" to go work elsewhere, like it's the workers fault there's drama between grown ass adults running promotions. Hope that makes more sense.

You talking about Andrade or Myserio Jr by chance?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I could see this for sure. Sometimes it genuinely feels like a family and everyone is on the same page and going to bat for each other. that's obviously positive. I just don't like people getting blackballed for "daring" to go work elsewhere, like it's the workers fault there's drama between grown ass adults running promotions. Hope that makes more sense.

You talking about Andrade or Myserio Jr by chance?
Yeah, that clears it up a bit and that does happen. It too goes away after a while so it is a weird thing lol.

Nope, I am talking about no other than Francisco Alonso Lutteroth, the former owner of CMLL. In his early years he was respectful and made sure people where good and everything then when Antonio Hipolito Peña Herrada, Antonio Penta as he is more known by, left CMLL and created AAA, he changed his attitude and became very "you do what I say or else" and "AAA isn't that great and blah blah blah" type stuff. Think of it as WWF vs WCW or WWE vs AEW nowadays if that helps