Live Royal Rumble Discussion Thread - Saturday 29th January

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
11525A40-4389-4B38-95F2-10FB4ED2D9DA.jpeg

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
probably all bummed Kofi missed that spot. I know I was.
Yeah. That was pretty crappy. Like normally they are so great at that type of thing. But shit happens

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL morale was down....but no one has confirmed any of this.

Like some how it was being reported that Shane McMahon was the lead producer for the mens rumble, even though he never produced anything before.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Gotta deny every report! #STANDUPFORWWE and their brilliant booking guys! Come on!

Darkavius

Reaction score
Also to contribute to the whole thing. Yeah, WWE no longer builds stars, it builds moments and expects wrestlers to get over exclusively because of those moments. The moments are what they can use to advertise to Fox and USA that the big moments can happen on their network. (Brock winning the belt on Fox, Big E winning the belt on USA.) They never think of the build up to the moment or the aftermath of those moments, it’s just about the one moment.

And that’s why there are so many tag team breakups and that’s why Brock Lesnar is their biggest star because every time he shows up, it’s a moment. They definitely think that Becky only got over because she got a broken nose against Nia Jax when there actually was a lot more to it but to them, that was the moment.

WWE has to stop relying so much on the moment to get people over, that’s pretty much their entire issue. XD

Just curious. Were they not trying to build Damian Priest? They gave him the booking with Bad Bunny then this long run with the US Title? I feel like for one example they are trying to build Damian Priest but that's the only example I have.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
LOL morale was down....but no one has confirmed any of this.

Like some how it was being reported that Shane McMahon was the lead producer for the mens rumble, even though he never produced anything before.
Its obvious. Shane doesn't seem to know the product enough to make good eliminations. Now, sometimes the spots look good. Eliminating Orton so quickly is dumb, but Riddle improvised and looked angry at the right time, and did his thing.
Just curious. Were they not trying to build Damian Priest? They gave him the booking with Bad Bunny then this long run with the US Title? I feel like for one example they are trying to build Damian Priest but that's the only example I have.
He has the Vince McMahon rub. Kinda like The Miz. Vince suggests you something, you better sit up and listen. It's obvious, his aggressive energy lately? Vince written all over.

The Miz uses Vince as a sponge. When he makes suggestions, he listens, and uses the suggestions when possible. His mic work? He's feeding the WWE Universe. Creating heat. The issue is booking. Matching Miz with Edge works only for a while, but at some point, it gets boring. It's because whoever is writing these scripts, are reusing scripts from somewhere else. Like, didn't we see the wedding vows a thousand times. C'mon, man!

Last edited:

Darkavius

Reaction score
He has the Vince McMahon rub. Kinda like The Miz. Vince suggests you something, you better sit up and listen. It's obvious, his aggressive energy lately? Vince written all over.

You mean the Ultimate Warrior type crap Priest does when his eyes get all big? Don't even mention that. It's so stupid but I am biased. Priest is about as charismatic as a jar of pickles to me. I've been wanting WWE to put that title on someone different for a long time now.

Reactions: InSaNe

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well Shane McMahon and Bad Bunny making it to the final four cant make the superstars that happy now can it

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
You mean the Ultimate Warrior type crap Priest does when his eyes get all big? Don't even mention that. It's so stupid but I am biased. Priest is about as charismatic as a jar of pickles to me. I've been wanting WWE to put that title on someone different for a long time now.
I know. Tell me about it. He doesn't need that eyes thing, it will hurt his eyes eventually. The more you do that, the more pressure you apply. Its dangerous.

I agree. He doesn't need it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The Priest stuff is weird from a casual p.o.v because up to a few weeks ago he was undefeated in singles then loses 2x to KO by dq n get eliminated by omos. There's so many little layers they could have added between a lot of ppl in the rumble and they curiously didn't do it . Didn't even have mysterios in together!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think Priest is fine right now. He's way too tough looking to have the soft gimmick he had before. I don't mind that they're making him out to be crazy when he gets mad