Linda McMahon ripped to pieces by Connecticut democrats

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yahoo.com published a brief article noting that former WWE chief executive Linda McMahon won her GOP Senate primary on Tuesday night after spending almost ten times as much as her opponent and $61 million over the course of two campaigns to try to win the seat for U.S. Senator from Connecticut. When McMahon campaigned in 2010, she broke Connecticut state records for out-of-pocket spending by splurging $50 million of her own money—and still lost. This time around, McMahon spent over $11 million to defeat former Representative Christopher Shays by a three to one margin, who had spent approximately $1.2 million.

According to MyFoxNY.com, McMahon actually spent $15.7 million of her personal money on the campaign, which would bring the total thus far to approximately $66 million.

After the race was called Tuesday night, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee immediately attacked McMahon over her WWE past.

“Linda McMahon is a greedy CEO who made millions marketing sex and violence to little kids, all at the expense of the health and safety of her own employees,â€￾ said Executive Director Guy Cecil. “Everything about McMahon’s record, principles and agenda prove that she is wrong for Connecticut. There isn’t enough money in the world to convince Connecticut voters otherwise."

Holy crap, I never realized how much money Linda was throwing at this.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Although I would defend the wrestlign business to the end, I can't defend a conservative.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That is fucking insane with all that amount of money she has put into this. Knew she had money but not like that. Will be a shame for her when she goes through all that just to not win.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Hasn't spent all that much this time around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
A Republican overspending to get elected into office?

Unheard of.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah to get elected to an office that doesn't pay near what she spent.

MAKES TOTAL SENSE.

:ace:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah to get elected to an office that doesn't pay near what she spent.

MAKES TOTAL SENSE.

:ace:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, and you can't make that money back from lobbyists.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to give yourself a tax break while you are there as well, give it to your yacht buddies too, I think they could "contribute" to your campaign as well.

Seriously? Why do yuo think Mitt Romney's campaign is sponsored by billionaires?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't understand why she would even want to do this, she will constantly be attacked because of her past and it would all be so negative. Why not just enjoy life and do something that doesn't lead to constant attacks. Plus I am pretty sure that they could think of something fun to do with an extra $66 million.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
And this ladies and gentleman is why a woman should be allowed to spend money this may sound sexist but they spend without consquence and you know who is going to be out that 66 million, Mr Vincent Kennedy McMahon that's fucking who.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ It is sexist and just a steriotype.

Pretty much agree with Troy's post Linda doesn't stand a chance of winning so what is the point, of course her rivel didn't spend as much because they weren't as desprate.

Just on Vince footing the bill, whose to say that a lot of the money is not Linda's own pretty sure she would be a very rich woman. Also if it is Vince's money nobody is holding a gun to his head he doesn't have to give her the money that would make him just as dumb as her.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't understand why the opponents constantly bring up WWE and everything. It's all for entertainment, entertaining everybody world wide. Regardless, spending that money is plain Blue.

When I saw that she spent 66 million, I instantly said "Execute order 66" aloud.

Ryan

Reaction score
A Republican overspending to get elected into office?

Unheard of.

Funny you should say that since Obama is consistently outspending Romney in the Presidential race. And who gives a shit if a candidate is spending their own money to fund their campaign anyway? What are you bitter that they've worked to make their money and now are deciding to spend it?

Almost every politician spends far more to get into office than they'll make while in office so let's not pretend like only Republicans spend big on their campaigns.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
personally, any politician would probably be more recieved if instead of spending the millions on campaigning, they spent the money feeding the hungry, clothing the homeless, or helping the sick(especially in the states). So in that regard I can understand people being upset about this kind of spending. Then when you factor in that with the amount the politicians in America have spent since the recession was announced, if it was actually spent on products made in America(if there are any left) then it would ultimately help the economic downfall they are currently experiencing. When you think of those factors, the spending is comepletely ridiculous.

As for them continuing to bring up the WWE, its like shooting fish in a barrel for these people, take a quote out of context, and use it to slander the shit out of your opponent has been the core tactic of every American politician I have ever seen speak.