Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

Ok, the latin players are learning technical play, defensive tackles and goalkeeping skills from Europe. Look back at the history of Brazil as an example, when did they get a good goalkeeper? when did they get a good defender? when did they get a good defensive midfielder? I only remember they started geting this in the 90's as they sucked in those positions. So thanks to Europe and their professional clubs and their managers in making the latin players aware of the modern soccer and all its aspects due to them playing in Europe. You cant deny this dude.

Also, the EPL has something like 5 Brazil players currently playing in the 20 somehting clubs for the last couple of years? And the EPL is alwasy in the top 3 leagues in europe since 1995. So yeah, a successful league can survive without Brazilian players and their teams can win trophies in and outside the country.

We all know that Latin Players love to dive and cheat. That a fact, look back to the history of the worldcups. Nobody denies Maradona's ability, but did he cheat? hell yes.

Anyway, as a conclusion, latin soccer learned alot from European soccer, and i call Europian soccer as the modern soccer for all nations to learn from.

phantomgerald

I agree with what WS said.

And reinvented, I'm comparing Brazil to Spain because that's where most Argentinian and Brazilians play in, the Spainish league. I'm not saying the diving is entirely the S.American's fault, but it has to play some part

Reinvented

Reaction score
Hey I never said S.American teams don't cheat because its true they do they act hurt when they fall and piss and moan I know its TRUE.

I know S.American teams go there to train and get better overall as a whole but that doesn't change the fact that S.American teams still have natural playing ablity to the sport and simply just shine better then your teams.

phantomgerald

Hey I never said S.American teams don't cheat because its true they do they act hurt when they fall and piss and moan I know its TRUE.

I know S.American teams go there to train and get better overall as a whole but that doesn't change the fact that S.American teams still have natural playing ablity to the sport and simply just shine better then your teams.

I'm not saying that they don't, and I don't think anyone is. But the thing is, S.American players are usually better with the ball, whereas European players are better tactically and mentally. And I'm not defending my home league, cause I'm from Singapore. I just call it the way I see it

Reaction score
i agree south american players lack the tactical awareness,positional sense and discipline of players in europe.South american players rely on their flair and they are more attack minded including their defenders ex.roberto carlos and lucio,that's why you can have more goals in south american games but the pace of the premiership games make them more entertaining than south american club games.

The Rated R CMStar

My opinion is this(and I am latin) is that latin players are talented ,they got that spark that guarantees you a future, and then when they go signed by an european club they explode, because they learn more things. You can't compare a Ronaldinho from Gremio to a Ronaldinho from PSG and not even dare to do it ti the Ronnie D of Barcelona.

phantomgerald

The tactical and mental aspect of the game are easier to pick up, and as i said in an earlier post, the S.americans are usually better techincally.

And a point i forgot was that the poverty in S.america forces kids to learn soccer themselves on the streets and playing well is a easy way to make it big, whereas kids in europe have the luxury of schools and youth teams.

phantomgerald

i agree same for african players though african players tend to cruise once they sign at a big club and never seem to quite fulfill their full potential:fish:

Quite true they seem to usually be complacent, but there are exceptions, like Jean Makoun of Lille, Micheal Essien and Didier Drogba of Chelsea, and Eto'o of Barca

Wrestling Station

What about the Asian players???

What do you think about them???

tbh, Asian players are still rookie, some individual talents are showing up recently. But as in whole, the Asian teams need to strengthen their domestic leagues and i think its time for them to make it a full pro leagues rather than semi pro.

The eastern Asia side, they play the fast pace football, depending on their individual natural speeds. Wheras the western Asian side, they depend on tactics and strong attacking talents.

phantomgerald

Well lets face it, most Asian Leagues aren't up to standard, and I think only the J-League, K-League and the Saudi Arabian leagues are decent. What I think should be done is a joint east-asian league, a joint middle-east league and so on. Then have a promotion/relegation in each league, and a champions cup to crown the king of Asia.

Switchy

Reaction score
I don't really watch asian football or have much of a knowledge about it so i'm only going by what I heard and the small parts i've seen. It seems to have some young stars rising through the ranks in the past few seasons by the looks of it but many of the players are not up to the standard I have personally set for asian football. It seems to be a load of stars and the rest of the players are just average basically and I reckon 1 or 2 players could do well a a premiership team like reading or wigan. A lot of them I could see fitting in with the Italian style of play.

the dark knight

i watched the asian cup. 1st off, lets get the aussies out cuz they're not asian. no offense to asian football but, imo, its the worst in the world now. its just not in a level to compete with any other region. even north american teams can over come them. i get pissed every world cup to see loads of asian teams get in while africa only has like 4 or 5. whats all this shit about saudi arabia getting in every world cup and break the records for "biggest losers".

and dont give me the shit about south korea in 2002. it was the most pathetic world cup i've watched. they cheated, plain and simple. anyone remember italy vs s.korea? the wolrd cup was shit imo.

the only asian team i respect is japan, and they're still not talented. they are teached football like math, they dont really think about what they do. they're kinda stupid, any tactical team can beat them blind folded.

Switchy

Reaction score
Liverpool 3-1 South China

Babel and Torres couldn't play for some reason to do with their transfers and Gerrard was out with an injury

Portsmouth beat Fulham (I forgot the score) as well so the final is Liverpool vs Portsmouth