Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
It’s shaping up to be a hot summer. Lil Wayne, Drake, and Chris Brown have been announced as performers for Hot 97’s annual Summer Jam concert.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj never envisioned herself as hip-hop's reigning "it" girl. The question alone makes her giggle as she offers an answer nowhere near as cocky as her saucy rhymes.

"When I was growing up I thought I'd be a famous actress," she says. "Acting came very natural to me. I didn't imagine all this music stuff."

Minaj is harnessing those drama skills, which she honed at LaGuardia High School in New York City, by assuming the identity of one of the many animated alter egos she's masterfully crafted in lyrics: There's Roman Zolanski, her gay male counterpart; Nicki Lewinsky, the sex kitten; Nicki the Ninja, a spotlight stealer; Nicki the Boss, who runs her own empire; and Nicki the Harajuku Barbie -the overthe-top doll who doesn't hesitate to sign the breasts of her adoring female fans.

With those razor-sharp bangs, a penchant for colourful wigs, vibrant, body-hugging attire and brazen guest verses, she's been on a lot of people's lips of late. Like Lady Gaga, much of her appeal hinges on her image, and Minaj's quirky, charismatic presence seems to have arrived fully formed. The masses have gobbled it up. Along the way Minaj has parlayed it all into an opening slot on Britney Spears' current Femme Fatale tour, coming to Vancouver July 1.

But somewhere within the caricature resides Onika Tanya Maraj, the 26-year-old Queens mastermind behind the hype who recently made chart history after her Annie Lennox-sampling single, "Your Love," became the first female hip-hop No. 1 to hit Billboard's rap singles chart since Missy Elliott's "Work It" in 2002. She's also the female rapper with the most chart entries in one year on Billboard's 100 -she's had eight -all before the recent release of her debut album, Pink Friday.

The buxom rapper got her break when mentor Lil Wayne spotted her remake of Notorious B.I.G.'s "Warning" on a street DVD. After he mentored a set of mix tapes -2008's "Sucka Free" and 2009's "Beam Me Up Scotty" -she landed a record deal through his Young Money imprint.

She took the "femme fatale in an all-male crew" formula to another realm by employing sexually ambiguous lyrics to raise the pulses of both men and women. Almost overnight she went from an underground character to go-to voice on singles from Kanye West, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna, Usher and Robin Thicke.

With few female emcees on the charts, Minaj has been hailed as a kind of saviour with pop crossover potential. In the last half-decade, rappers such as Foxy Brown, Eve, Lil' Kim and Elliott have been out of the spotlight, and with Lauryn Hill only vaguely on the scene, the absence of a powerful female voice has been notable.
"I'm excited that people use the word 'revive' in association with me and female emcees. I never thought I would be such an instrumental part of anything," she says.
"I just pictured myself coming in and rapping. But of course, it's like, the best thing to hear because not only am I doing this for me but I'm doing it for so many other girls."

The attention hasn't been without backlash, even among her wouldbe peers. Sandra "Pepa" Denton, one half of pioneering group Salt-N-Pepa, told Vibe that although she thinks Minaj is talented, because of her youth "she hasn't learned the message yet" and will fail to move female rap forward. And Lil' Kim has been vocal about her contempt for the newcomer.

Minaj laughs it all off and seems loathe to discuss the rivalries, though she not so subtly addresses a few of them on "Pink Friday" tracks.

"It's the most annoying thing I've had to deal with," she says. "It's like, just let me be me. You've never seen me before. Period. Every female that rapped inspires me because I know that being in a male-dominated industry is hard. They have all paved the way for me."

"The females haven't been as dominant as she's been right now," says Bryan "Baby" Williams, chief executive of Cash Money Entertainment, her label. "I think that's great for the business of hip hop. We need more of that," he says. "[But] she's different from any other female that has done it. She exercises her own vision. It's been magical watching her develop."

© Copyright (c) The Province

Kairi

Reaction score
More fuel has been added to the ongoing feud between Lil’ Kim and Nicki Minaj. The Queen Bee fired off a series of angry tweets in response to an alleged comment made by her nemesis.

After Osama bin Laden’s death was announced over the weekend, fans started retweeting a comment attributed to the Young Money raptress that read, “Lil’ Kim U Next.” The tweet, which does not currently appear in Nicki’s timeline, has been disputed and its authenticity cannot be confirmed.

But that hasn’t stopped Kim from reacting. “I would never name her ‘Shitty Garbaj’!!! My dog is way prettier than that bitch!!!” wrote the heated rapper in response to name suggestions for her new puppy.

Her wrath didn’t cease there. “What type of coward lame ass bitch tweets some shit and then deletes it. REAL bitches stand by what they say BOZO,” she continued.

“You cheap stocking cap glued $10 bag hair wig wearing bitch. Get a lace front!!! FYI Indian hair don’t come in green BITCH.”

Kim, who had plenty to say about Nicki on her Black Friday mixtape, spewed even more venom. “You free lunch eating bitch…WHAT!!! Bitch I see you crawling!!! I got my can of RAID. Come get it!!! #TwitterRoach !!!!”

Kairi

Reaction score
NICKI MINAJ is featured in this months H&M magazine

byWTM.jpg

Kairi

Reaction score
After a successful first leg, Lil Wayne has revealed that his I Am Still Music tour will embark on a second string of dates. Adding an additional 40 performances to the tour’s initial run of 25 shows, Wayne will be joined by Rick Ross, Keri Hilson, Lloyd and Far East Movement at each stop.

I Am Still Music will take a couple months off before resuming in Hartford, CT on July 13. From there, the tour will travel throughout America and Canada before concluding on September 11 in Woodlands, TX.

Tickets for almost all dates go on sale through Live Nation on May 20. —Carter Maness

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj is confirmed to appear at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards, airing June 5 at 9/8c pm. Dont Forget to tune in!

Kairi

Reaction score
If you’re dying to know who the America’s Next Top Model All-Stars are, you can be the first to find out by attending the live judging in LA tomorrow! You’ll get to see the girls walk in a fashion show, plus see all the judges and the Jays. Nicki Minaj and her fiercely real booty will be there as the celebrity special guest.

The event takes place Wednesday, May 11th at the Nokia Plaza at LA Live. Check-in starts at 5 PM and the show kicks off at 8 PM. Bonus: the first 50 guests will receive Nicki Minaj’s Pink Friday album, plus entrance into a raffle to win two tickets to her upcoming concert tour, passes to a meet-and-greet, and two iPod shuffles!

Kairi

Reaction score
Clearly fans of a well-crafted 16, The Lonely Island showcase their rhyming skills—or laughably lack thereof—on Turtleneck & Chain, the follow-up to 2009’s Incredibad. The first effort saw the comedians tapping Justin Timberlake (“Dick in a Box”) and T-Pain (“I’m on a Boat”) while Rihanna, Snoop Dogg, and Nicki Minaj are just some of the A-list talents that lend an assist to several head-nodding tracks (combined with a few of the awkward and sexually-explicit kind) on the new album. Rap-Up.com had the chance to exclusively interview the trio. Here’s what they had to say about Nicki below:
What about when you recorded “The Creep” with Nicki Minaj?
Andy: She was cool. It was fun to watch her record. She has a lot of characters she goes in and out of.
Akiva: She was just really polite.
Jorma: She’s adorable. She’s even cuter in person.

Were you fans of her music before collaborating on that song?
Akiva: We had been fans of her mixtape stuff. We made the album last summer, when we were recording it. So it was before her album came out or anything, and we got in touch with her and she was game to do it. We were just psyched. We saw kindred spirits in the fact that she was playing characters.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj just finished Lil Wayne’s “I Am Still Music” tour and she’s about to hit the road again with Britney Spears – but first, she’s dropping two huge songs and discovering her love of Nicki Minaj drag queens!
In addition to her latest single, “Super Bass,” Nicki can be heard on dance superstar David Guetta’s new single, “Where Them Girls At,” which also features Flo Rida.
“It feels dope! They’re actually two of my favorite songs that I’ve ever done because they just feel good,” Nicki told AccessHollywood.com. “And it’s time, just time for me to be in the club, you know, my voice needs to be in the club and people need to be getting tipsy, and wasted and crazy and all those other things to a Nicki Minaj song in the club right now! I’m actually excited about both”

Nicki said she was excited to lend her vocal skill to the French DJ’s song.
”[David] played this record he had with Flo Rida and I said, ‘Of course!’ I loved it the moment I heard it. I got really excited,” she continued. “We’re shooting the video this month.”

The 26-year-old mastermind behind 2010’s “Pink Friday” has been featured on tracks for some of music’s biggest names (Mariah Carey, Usher, Kanye West, Rihanna and Britney Spears to name a few) – but Nicki stressed to Access that she’s looking for quality, not quantity.
“I’m just trying to make the features really, really count,” she explained. “I don’t want to spread them out too much.”

As the opening act on Britney Spears’ “Femme Fatale” tour, Nicki might be too busy for anything but her own music, which she’s excited to share with new listeners.
“I’m looking forward to it… I know this will be a different audience, and I’m exited to just be able to transition from one tour to the next and not miss a beat,” she told Access. “We’re going to put our all into this and make it exciting, very different than the last one, but still keep it grounded in hip hop, still make it bright and fun and theatrical.”

When asked if fans might see Brit and Nicki on stage together while touring, she remained coyly optimistic, saying, “We’re in talks about it. I can’t confirm that yet though, but that would be awesome.”
When she first met Brit last month in Los Angeles, the rapper was struck by the Pop Princess’ star power.
“I was freaking out, my team was telling me, ‘Britney wants to come by’ and I was like, ‘Whatever, please stop joking with me, I’m not in the mood, like whatever!’ And when she walked in the door, I couldn’t believe it. She looked every bit of a superstar,” Nicki recalled.

The “Till The World Ends” singer wasn’t the only performer that made an impression on Nicki that night. “RuPaul’s Drag Race” contestant Shangela was also on hand at Hype at The Factory nightclub in West Hollywood, Calif. last month on the night Nicki and Brit met, where the drag star performed a medley of Nicki’s hits for Nicki herself.
”[Shangela] did this whole set and she killed it!” the rapper said of the drag performance.
Access caught up with Shangela on Monday night where she dished about performing the rapper’s own material with the star in the audience.

“Definitely one of my moments for life. I perform her music all the time because her lyrics are strong, fun and full of heart… everything that she is, and everything I hope to be as an entertainer. Halleloo!” Shangela told Access.
Nicki hits the road with Britney on June 16 in Sacramento, Calif. and wraps on August 13 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Kairi

Reaction score
“Good Morning America” announced its sizzling 2011 Summer Concert Series lineup with the hottest chart-topping acts in the country and the biggest names in music.
From mega-watt stars including Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige and Jennifer Hudson, to pop sensations Selena Gomez, Nicki Minaj, all Top 11 American Idol contestants, Taio Cruz, Florence and the Machine, and The Goo Goo Dolls, to country superstars Brad Paisley and Miranda Lambert, there’s something for everyone this summer. Plus, don’t miss the best nostalgia acts with The GO-GO’s in their final television performance, and Debbie Gibson and Tiffany on stage together for the first time.

With the exception of Lady Gaga being a free, ticketed event, all concerts are free and open to the public and will take place live during “Good Morning America,” Fridays from 7 to 9 a.m. ET. Dates and additional acts will be announced throughout the summer.

Kairi

Reaction score
Lil Wayne has rocked arenas, awards shows, festivals, and for his next act, he’s going unplugged. The rap titan will take the stage to tape MTV2’s Grammy-winning music series “Unplugged.”

Weezy will perform stripped-down versions of his classics and new material from Tha Carter IV on “MTV2 Presents: Lil Wayne Unplugged,” premiering Sunday, June 12, on MTV2, MTV, and MTV.com at 9 p.m.
“Lil Wayne is an amazing choice for ‘Unplugged’ as he is at hip-hop’s forefront—leading a new generation of artists whose appeal spans across music genres and playlists,” stated Amy Doyle, EVP, Music and Talent, MTV. “Lil Wayne’s skills, influence, and catalog are a powerful addition to the legacy of artists who have rocked the ‘Unplugged’ stage.”
The Young Money leader is gearing up to release his 9th studio album Tha Carter IV this summer and announced dates for the second leg of his “I Am Still Music” tour with supporting acts Rick Ross, Keri Hilson, Far East Movement, and Lloyd.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Grabs First UK #1 With ‘Where Them Girls At’

David Guetta, Nicki Minaj and Flo Rida’s new single, Where Them Girls At, is on course to knock LMFAO from the top of the Official UK Singles Chart, according to midweek figures.

Guetta’s latest track, featuring the vocal talents of Young Money’s queen Minaj and the Low rapper is expected to climb to the No.1 spot, knocking LMFAO’s Party Rock Anthem to No.3.
The Official Midweek Singles Chart Update:

1. David Guetta Feat. Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida – Where Them Girls At
2. Bruno Mars – The Lazy Song
3. LMFAO Feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock – Party Rock Anthem
4. Chris Brown Feat. Benny Benassi – Beautiful People
5. Pitbull Feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer – Give Me Everything
6. Jennifer Lopez Feat. Pitbull – On The Floor
7. Lady GaGa – The Edge Of Glory
8. Snoop Dogg – Sweat
9. Jessie J – Nobody’s Perfect
10. Yasmin – Finish Line

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj will be honored as NARM’s “Breakthrough Artist of the Year” at the 2011 NARM Music Business Convention Awards Dinner Finale to take place at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles on Thursday, May 12. After building steam as an underground MC, Minaj, “part comic, part sex symbol and all-the-way lyrical assassin,” burst into the mainstream in 2010. In October, she became the first artist to have seven songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart simultaneously and the only artist to have eight titles on the chart in a year. Her debut album Pink Friday (Young Money/Cash Money), released November 21, 2010, sold more copies in the first week than any other female rapper in a decade. Pink Friday was RIAA certified platinum within a month of release, and was one of the best-selling releases of 2010. She also received a 2011 GRAMMY Nomination for “Best Rap Performance by Duo or Group” for the single “My Chick Bad” with Ludacris.

“Nicki Minaj is a musical phenomenon. Her exceptional creativity and outstanding performances were a game-changer in 2010,” said Jim Donio, President of NARM. “Her debut release was ‘breakthrough’ in every sense of the word, and we look forward to more music from this extraordinary young artist.”

Her freestyle rapping and mix tapes earned her attention from many, including Lil Wayne, who instantly made her part of Young Money. As her notoriety began to rise, Minaj began to cultivate vivid individual personalities for her performances: Nicki Lewinsky, Nicki the Ninja, Nicki the Harajuku Barbie and Nicki the Boss each hold their own place in Minaj’s creative, ever-expanding mind.

She gave commanding performances on singles including Kanye West’s “Monster,” which also features Jay-Z and her infectious, standout appearances alongside Lil Wayne (“Knockout”), Usher (“Lil Freak”), Trey Songz (“Bottoms Up”), Robin Thicke (“Shakin’ It 4 Daddy”), Sean Kingston (“Letting Go”), and Christina Aguilera (“WooHoo”), leaving everyone waiting to hear what she could do on her own release.

Pink Friday did not disappoint. With just over 30 days of sales in 2010, it was one of the best-selling releases of the year, and went to #1 on the Billboard charts in January 2011. Minaj is currently on tour in the U.S. and Canada through the end of April.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj Takes Over High School as Principal for the Day

<CENTER>
nicki-get-schooled-1.jpg
</CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER>
Being sent to the principal’s office is normally not a good thing—except if Nicki Minaj is your principal. The “Super Bass” rapper surprised over 400 students by taking over Collins Academy High School in Chicago as “Principal for the Day.” Her visit was one of many rewards for the students and teachers who won the Get MotivatED Challenge to improve daily attendance rates.

The LaGuardia High School graduate, beaming in a patterned yellow jumpsuit and short blonde wig, presented three students with $10,000 college scholarships, helped teach a freshman English class, and joined MTV’s Sway Calloway for an assembly to honor the students’ and teachers’ accomplishments.

“I am a young, female mogul before I am an artist. As a business woman there isn’t a single day where I don’t use my education or acquire new knowledge to ensure my success,” Nicki told the students. “Regardless of where you are today, with education you can take yourself where you want to be. That’s why I am working with the Get Schooled Foundation. They are finding innovative and exciting ways to bring that message to schools like the Collins Academy.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Lil Wayne and Mary J Blige will duet at the Billboard Music Awards this Sunday