Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
i didn't feel like starting a new thread so i'm a put this here

Nicki Minaj Nominated for 4 MTV ‘O’ Music Awards
comment.png

Just when you thought MTV had the killer award show recipe perfected, they decided to sift brand new ingredients into the mix: they are calling the fluffy, techy, indie, musical result, The O Music Awards.

The April 29th Award Ceremony will feature a myriad of distinct categories that celebrate artists, innovators, fans, web celebrities and tech gurus that have impacted the world of digital music, and they way we will all witness it is still very much a mystery.
The following categories are what Nicki is nominated for:
Fan Army FTW: Barbiez (Nicki Minaj)
Must-Follow Artist on Twitter: Nicki Minaj (@
NICKIMINAJ)
Favorite F**k Yeah Tumblr: http://fuckyeahharajukubarbie.tumblr.com/ (That’s one of our affiliates!)
Favorite Animated GIF: Nicki Minaj –
Gum Twirl

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj Has Beyoncé, Rihanna, & Avril Lavigne on her iPod

Nicki Minaj has been keeping busy since the release of her platinum debut Pink Friday, but she’s managed to find some time in her hectic schedule to listen to other artists’ music. The Young Money diva, who is currently on the “I Am Music II” tour with Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, and Travis Barker, shared who’s buzzing in her ear.

“I listen to Beyoncé, I listen to Rihanna, I listen to Kanye, and of course Lil Wayne,” she said on set of her Elle magazine photo shoot. “Of course Drake. I listen to a lot of gospel music. I listen to Cyndi Lauper, Avril Lavigne… I just bought a whole bunch of reggae like Mavado and Lady Saw and Beenie Man.”

The Harajuku Barbie also explained that with her recent success, there’s some bad that comes with the good. “To know that I’m ‘making waves,’ it feels good but it gives me a little more pressure. Because before, I would do things without thinking,” she said. “I would do an interview without thinking or wear something without thinking, but it makes me put a lot more thought because now, I know people are going to pick it apart. Whether they love or hate it, people are going to pick it apart.”

As much as fans and the media scrutinize her every move, she knows it’s all part of the job. “It comes with the territory. You want to be one of those females in the business that people want to see what you’re going to wear and what you’re going to do and what you’re going to say,” she continued. “I just take the good with the bad. I cannot complain. I’ve been living my dream, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj Invades Times Square for TRYX Camera Launch

nicki-times-square-2.jpg

Nicki Minaj and her Barbz stormed NYC’s Times Square in a pink double decker bus for the launch of Casio’s TRYX camera. Young Money’s First Lady, rocking a blonde monster ‘do with pink streak and holding her own pink cam, waved to fans on the streets as she made her way to the Best Buy Theater, posing with winners of the look-alike contest. She will perform, along with The Roots, at the TRYX OUT: NYC 2011 kickoff party tonight.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj Pulls Out TRYX at Casio Camera Launch Party

tryx-out-nyc-1.jpg

Nicki Minaj showed her Big Apple Barbz some love last night at New York City’s Best Buy Theater in the heart of Times Square. Taking a detour from her “I Am Music II” tour with Lil Wayne, the Young Money diva joined The Roots at the invite-only TRYX OUT: NYC 2011, celebrating Casio’s new pocket camera.

The Harajuku Barbie took the stage shortly after 10 p.m. to the tune of an Enya song, emerging from the wings with her pink-wigged backup dancers already in position. Touting her Bride of Frankenstein ‘do, the platinum raptress set things off with “Roman’s Revenge,” segueing into “Did It On’em” before running through a medley of her banner guest appearances.

The animated performer, clad in a black adidas jacket adorned with buttons and neon leggings, received a riotous response to “Up All Night,” “Bottoms Up,” and “My Chick Bad.” She capped her jumble of features with “Monster,” where she straddled a fan strapped to a chair as her demonic dancers swarmed around them.

“This song means so much to me, because you guys have supported me for so long,” said an emotional Nicki of “Fly,” transitioning into a sensitive acapella rendition of “Save Me.” Clutching her sparkling pink mic, she kicked it back up a notch with “Super Bass” and “Moment 4 Life,” signing “N”’s on the back of Barbz’ hands with a Sharpie before bidding adieu to her legion of followers.

“I’ma tell you why this is so important,” she told the audience of being chosen to perform for Casio. “I’m a black girl from Southside Jamaica, Queens, and that is why I tell you Barbz, don’t give up.”

While members of the packed crowd showed their love for Nicki by rocking pink wigs and eccentric ensembles, The Roots helped warm them up for the main event. Though patrons were apathetic at first, the Philly cats won them over with cuts from their oeuvre including “You Got Me,” “The Seed (2.0),” “The Next Movement,” and “Get Busy,” tossing in covers of Guns N’ Roses’ “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and Sugar Hill Gang’s “Apache.”

J. Period manned the wheels of steel for the event, convincing the crowd that a picture with the new TRYX is worth a thousand words. Based on the frenzy of flashes from cameras in the crowd throughout the night, Nicki ended up with a few milli.
–Steven J. Horowitz

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj caused a media frenzy when she hit the carpet in a colorful getup at Casio’s TRYX OUT: NYC 2011 launch party at New York City’s Best Buy Theater in Times Square. Making her way down the press line, the big-haired raptress tackled questions thrown her way.

When Rap-Up.com asked her if she had collaborated on Beyoncé’s upcoming album, she replied, “Unfortunately no,” crushing the dreams of their collective fan bases. She also addressed reports that she is in talks to open for Britney Spears’ summer tour. “We’re talking to Britney. I can’t confirm or deny the Britney rumors at this time, but you never know,” she said with a smirk.

And if you expect to see a Nicki Minaj Barbie doll in the near future, think again. That will not be happening right now, according to the head Barb.

<!-- 300x250 ad -->[youtube]fJWfhOGYeLw[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Lil Wayne Calls Porcelain Black the ‘Baddest Bitch in the Game’

porcelain-wayne.jpg

Lil Wayne knows a bad chick when he sees one. The Young Money chief is convinced that Porcelain Black is the next big thing, praising the glam rocker while on set of her video for “This Is What Rock N Roll Looks Like.”

“The baddest bitch in the game, you feel me?” said Weezy, who appears in both the video and on the single. “I said it, you dig? And I’m aight, too.”

The 25-year-old Detroit native, who is currently opening on the “I Am Music II” tour, explained that the single is for anyone who’s ever been bullied or treated like an outcast. “I think that was a really important song for us to be the first single because it’s a good message, but it’s badass as f**k at the same time and there’s lots of kids out there that got picked on growing up,” she said. “You gotta embrace who you are and never be ashamed of who you are. It’s important to be creative. It’s important to be different.”

Porcelain is currently working on her Universal Republic debut with producer RedOne. Go behind the scenes of her video below.

Kairi

Reaction score
Lil Wayne squashes rumors that he’s got a new girl, saying the woman in question is actually his stylist Marissa Torres. “This is the reason why I’m flyer than all you ni**as,†says Weezy with his arm around her.

The sports fan does, however, profess his love for college basketball player Skylar Diggins. “I’m in Indiana looking for Skylar Diggins,†adds the rapper, wearing Diggins’ Notre Dame jersey while in her home state for his tour.

Watch the moments leading up to Weezy taking the stage at Indiana University’s Assembly Hall.

[youtube]GjBxMX-1bFc[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj weren’t the only Young Money stars rocking the stage on the “I Am Still Music†tour. The crew’s singer-songwriter Shanell also got her moment in the spotlight, emerging from the smoke to deliver her new single “My Buttons†at L.A.’s Staples Center. She later stripped down into a leopard leotard to perform “Hair Down My Back,†whipping her long hair around as she pranced across the stage. Watch Miss Shanell work it out.

[youtube]QHpgm-Pea1I[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Hip-Pop diva Nicki Minaj is looking to expand her empire. The Young Money protégée recently revealed to Allure magazine her plans to launch her own fragrance. According to Nicki, she hopes to debut her signature scent this year in conjunction with her new album. The 26 year old rap sensations says she likes scents that have a summery, yet va-va-voom factor to them. “I want to smell like a sexy and confident woman, not like candy.â€￾

Should Nicki actually release her scent, she will join fellow pop divas Rihanna, Katy Perry and Beyonce, who have all released fragrances within the last year. As for rappers, to date Queen Latifah and Trina are the only female emcees to release their own scents.

Queen Latifah has had the most success working with Parlux, the same company that brought us Reb’l Fleur by Rihanna. The Queen released her “Queenâ€￾ fragrance back in 2008 and followed up with “Queen of Heartsâ€￾ last year. Both fragrances combined have reportedly brought in sales of over $10 million dollars.

Kairi

Reaction score
Superstar producer Bangladesh is back it with the Young Money crew, making it known publicly that he hasn’t been compensated for his work on Lil <NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook0w2nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Wayne’s </NOBR> single ’6 Foot, 7 Foot.’ Not too long ago, the producer was complaining about Lil Wayne’s previous hit single, ‘A Milli,’ off of Tha Carter III, with the same accusations. (Why in the world would you rush into creating another track for someone who hasn’t paid you for the last one is beyond me, but I digress.)

Bangladesh spoke with MTV News about the complicated situation, stating:
“I f— with Wayne, man; I had the opportunity to give him more music. It’s just hard to do. It’s just hard to keep working for free.”
Apparently, Bangladesh wanted to work with Wayne again so badly that he waived the upfront fee that he normally charges artists.
“It’s not about the money, it’s not about me charging him for the beat, because he is Lil Wayne; he’s gonna sell albums. You only really charge people that you think is not gonna really sell too much, so you want to get your money off top. You might not get it on the back-end because albums don’t sell no more.”
Instead of getting cash for the track, there was a trade: Wayne would do a feature of Bangladesh’s upcoming debut album, problem is, Wayne has yet to deliver, causing a delay in the producer’s album release.
“It’s hard to do when I can’t get Wayne features.[...]I don’t know if it’s the people around the situation or it’s the actual person.”
As of right now, Bangladesh says he can no longer work with CMYM until they resolve these past issues.
“Every time we come up with a solution, it never gets taken care of. I just can’t keep really giving them music.”
I understand the game is “You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours,” but if I’m continuously scratching and you haven’t given up anything, now I’m just sitting stupid with an itch.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki and her co-collaborator from the hit single “Check It Out”, will.i.am., have been nominated for a Japan VMA! Their category is in the Best Collaboration Video section, as seen above. Their competitors include Eminem, Rihanna, and Katy Perry. You can see their music video for the single here. Let’s hope they win!

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki is slated to perform this upcoming Tuesday, May 3rd, at 9:00 PM EST on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars. Nicki is expected to perform her latest #1 single, Moment 4 Life. You won’t want to miss this spectacular performance!

Kairi

Reaction score
After Soulja Boy revealed that Birdman had approached him about signing to his label, the Cash Money honcho has spoken out and refuted the claim.

“YMCMB busine$$ real talk.I neva tried 2 sign n0b0dy thts already sign 2 s0meb0dy,” tweeted Birdman. “we d0nt r0ck like tht.I neva tried 2 sign s0ulja.but I respect tha lil h0mey wrk keep getn it$$$$.”

In a previous interview with Rap-Up.com, Soulja Boy explained that he recently met with Birdman in Miami to talk about joining the YMCMB roster. “I met with Baby and Slim down in Miami,” he said. “He’s trying to get me to come over to Cash Money.”
While he was considering the move, the 20-year-old rapper was unable to immediately act on it because he owed his current label two more albums. “I still got paperwork with Interscope Records, so I’m just trying to figure out what I’ma do,” he continued. “After I do these two albums, I either have the choice to go back to Interscope and re-up, do my contract over, or I can go down to Miami with Cash Money.”

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]wUcaBUQqKXY[/youtube]

nicki's last lap dance went to travis barker