Let's change some rules.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
It's still the same thing.

Like I said the only reason there's 2 feds on the site is cause there vastly different. We want one TT fed and one RP fed adding real wrestlers and chained in ring promos turns this fed into something entirely different.....so once again its not going to happen. If this is going to succed on this board it needs to be RP based as thats the onpy reason we added a second fed to begin with

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Well you can do a RP as an in-ring promo. RPs don't have to be story building un-aired stuff from personal life. Look at my Raiden debut RP.

Pete

Reaction score
But that's why everyone is losing interest in it. They say it's "too weird" or w/e. If we gave them THE CHANCE to do it - the OPTION to do it - they might be more open to joining. Right now, we need people more than anything. If that means loosening our standards, then that's what we do. Otherwise, this fed dies. We already have UWF sucking up all our members, we don't want to make it worse.

Again, it wouldn't be set in stone. It would be AN OPTION we are giving our members.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
1. Hell no it's rping for a reason. RPing is more original rping is less about talking trash and more about those other things so if you make the other things less relevant you're taking the rp out of rping and then it's just ING and as we all know ING is corrupt.

2. I find it comical that you bring up the ban. But I'm not against it though I'm not sure it needs to be that long.

ps Anyone know what happened to King? I was kinda letting him be the defacto leader of staff and kept sitting on my hands waiting for him to tell me to jump and kinda got lost waiting.

pps I'll try to be more relevant. Though as I said before University classes are starting up so I may be on a little less but emails and ims totally ok.

Pete

Reaction score
King had to step down due to school. He will still be RPing just not on Staff. I took the reins of the fed just because you guys weren't around and something had to get done.

Trying to dig up an example of a chain so you guys can see what I mean. It made our fed mad active. I'm fine without, but if we want people, I think it would be an important step to take. I'll stand down if I'm alone on this, but at least let me argue my case first.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As far as chaining caps are this issue with the chaining it's hard to chain when you know you'll be cut off after x amount of rps

Pete

Reaction score
We made it work. But, I'll stand down. It's more important that we work together for now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am sorry but ACW cant bring in real wrestlers and can't have TTs. If someone wants to play say HHH they can create a new character that is based on HHH but they have to actually be creative and create their own character. ACW is meant to be an alternative to UWF and honestly if real wrestlers were allowed and TTs were allowed then there wouldn't be much point keeping ACW around.

RP feds are always going to be quieter that TT feds because they require a lot more creativity and originality and therefore it will attract fewer members. ACW doesn't need to aim to have the same number of members that UWF have, just find a sustainable amount that keeps the fed running and keeps storylines fresh. Honestly there is no real reason to change anything other than getting more writers and also being more strict in enforcing the rules. I see no reason not to have a strike rule because honestly if members don't show up and RP then why should the writers put any effort into their characters.

Pete

Reaction score
I want a strike rule too, but it was not well received last time we suggested it.

I just think a small number of people leads to repetitiousness, because in the end there's a limited number of guys (handlers) you can face. If you have more people, it allows you to create new matchups that neither person has never had before. A practical example: I've faced BDC hundreds of times, but I've never faced, say, Dod. So I am obviously more intrigued and motivated about having a match with him because I don't know what he's capable of, as opposed to BDC where I know to almost the last detail how he'll write and how good it will be, and vice-versa - regardless of what particular character either of us is using for that particular matchup.

Allowing real wrestlers would be a small concession to the TT crowd that might bring them over. Chain RPs (or TTs, it's the first time I've heard them be called that) would just be an OPTION (I can't stress that enough) for people who like them. I love to chain with my CAWs, as does BDC - yet UWF did not appeal to me due to the limited playing field of being a real wrestler. I'd much rather have a TT back and forth between Jacqui M and John McHenry than between CM Punk and Brock Lesnar, because the possibilities are much larger with characters I and the other RPer created.

I may be just rambling, but these are the lines of thought at the root of these suggestions. Again, for the good of the fed and to avoid drama from brewing again, consider both possibilities scratched.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Yeah, this is not TTing, but it's similar. I think this would work and it would attract more people to ACW.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't see the validity of the argument you can chain now. But nobody does it. Why? Because we have no real feuds nobody is interested in the feud their all interested in their story.

Pete

Reaction score
Fair point. I just wish we could change that. Feuds can be SO much fun.

Anyway, it was just something you guys could look at to see what I was talking about.