Let's change some rules.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Okay, so, a few things. I don't want it to look like I joined Staff and I want to change everything. Nope. This is actually what we discussed with Pete earlier.

1.) A major rule change. I think that we should move the whole thing closer to a fused RP/TT system. Let me explain. Caps will be removed, just like in the TT feds. You will be able to chose whether you want to do an in ring TT promo or a TT backstage thingy. TTs are always televised. The 2nd option are RPs, and you can just RP the way you are used to. So this will kinda be similar to a CAW TT fed, with the exception that RPs will be allowed and people will be able to choose their way of competing. The wished outcome is that this will attract everyone from the forums to join ACW, since RPers will RP and TTers will TT, or however they wish.

2.) We have a big problem with no-showings. Those who no-show would get suspended for a month and get a strike. The 2nd suspension would be 45 days long and will result in a 2nd strike. People with three strikes would get banned from ACW for 3 months from the date of the third strike onwards.

Discuss.

Pete

Reaction score
1. needs to not be quite so vague, or the fed will turn into a mess like UWF is (c'mon, admit it - it IS.) We should keep caps, since most people can't even be bothered to write one (in the meantime they write 5 for UWF...OK...last UWF rant).

2. THANK YOU Derrick! I wanted to implement something like that! But prepare for a backlash, last time it was not at all well received when we suggested it.

I would also start putting any and all relevant TT promos into the results, if only via a link.

Should we allow people to use real wrestlers as well?

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Should we allow people to use real wrestlers as well?

If we do, it has to be sparingly and not in every Rp.

But yeah, I like the sound of these rules (Have no clue how to do a TT RP, but meh). While we're at it, do we keep the current number of wrestlers one handler is allowed to have, or to we tweek it?

Pete

Reaction score
I think two to three is fine, otherwise it gets out of control (FROM EXPERIENCE)

I meant allowing someone to sign up as, say, Brock Lesnar. Might bring some of the TTers over...

Last edited:

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Ah, I see. That'll be a grey area if we do allow it

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
A TT is what you see in UWF, ManOn. Basically it goes like:
>wrestler entrance
> theme
>crowd reaction
>entrance description
>pic of wrestler making the entrance
>wrestler enters the ring
>random words
>picture of wrestler holding a mic
>cuts a part of his promo
>crowd reaction
>continue until the promo is done

I think that the TT/RP fusion will be attractive for everyone and yeah, it'd be cool if people could use real wrestlers as well. But, again, it'd slowly turn into a TT fed which is something we don't want. I know you had something similar to that in PWA, Pete. How did that work over there? I'd love for example to see Syn vs CM Punk, imagine things like that. Or PTP vs LWO. Or Bronko vs Lesnar. Just imagine that. I think it can work, but we should think of some way to keep the numbers balanced, so there isn't more real wrestlers or more CAWs etc..

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Just thought of something. If you decide to pick up a CAW RP-fed wrestler, you're cool and you can have him. BUT if someone decides to pick up a real life wrestler, he HAS to pick up a RP wrestler too.

And as an addition to my no-show preventing system, three no-shows = 1 strike/suspension.

Pete

Reaction score
In the PWA we had drone real-life wrestlers. Whoever wanted could pick them up at any time. Someone brought in a Brock Lesnar once, and a Sheamus. Those were played in a way different from WWE TV. There was also Ted DiBiase, Heath Slater and Jack Evans. All of them were pretty much RP characters.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
To clear things up, and I'm not editing posts because I want you to see the new ideas, I meant it that in order to have a real life wrestler, you have to have a RP wrestler as well. If you already have a RP wrestler, you can pick up a TT wrestler.

TT wrestlers = real life wrestlers
RP wrestlers = CAWs - Syn, Angel, Bronko etc.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Just thought of something. If you decide to pick up a CAW RP-fed wrestler, you're cool and you can have him. BUT if someone decides to pick up a real life wrestler, he HAS to pick up a RP wrestler too.

And as an addition to my no-show preventing system, three no-shows = 1 strike/suspension.

Sounds fair, but just to be sure that I get what you're saying: Say I want to pick up a real life wrestler, no matter who it is, I have to have keep/have Syn in order to keep/have said wrestler?

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Well yeah at the time, but if you are active as both etc., you can drop one of them down the road if you wish so. However, if you desire to pick up a real life wrestler, you would have to keep Syn. Or drop Syn and make a new character. Think of the real life wrestlers as of secondary characters. They would be involved in the same storylines as the CAWs, but for the idea of two worlds fused to work, we need to implement a system that would make sure we aren't flooded with real life wrestlers or CAWs.

Pete

Reaction score
To be honest, that wouldn't work. The TTers wouldn't want to have CAWs, it's far too much work to come up with backstories and stuff, if they're not handed to them.

Ben

Reaction score
Gonna step in here to give some quick input.

I have no problem with adding real wrestlers to mix with the CAW.

What's not going to happen is the TT stuff. We have 2 feds for a reason one where you can RP and one
where you TT. So stick with the RP format.

Pete

Reaction score
I know you hate to hear this, but in the PWA we had promo chains that we were allowed to submit as our entries for that week's show. They added a HUGE amount of dynamism to the fed. People were heavily into them, and they sometimes stretched on to five and six posts. So I was thinking of at least allowing in-ring promos to be submitted as entries by those who wished to do so. It wouldn't turn into a TT fed, but if two guys want to cut a promo in the ring for their match with each other, then let them.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Well then we won't call it TTing, but In-Ring Promo RPs. Problem solved. :RUSSO: :Derrick: