LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not reading any of that. holy spoiler alert batman

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah I'm not reading any of that. holy spoiler alert batman

Same here. I've avoided it like the plague for a few days now. I really don't want to know anything going into Civil War, outside of the few things I've already figure out. I may make a point to avoid the trailers this time around as well, although I have to imagine Disney will attach the teaser to The Force Awakens.

As a side note, does using the expression "avoiding it like the plague" really hold any meaning these days? :lol:

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I read it because I'm a junkie and I need my fix

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Captain America Civil War has officially wrapped principal photography. It's off to post-production now

Personally I'm hoping for a trailer soon

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[video=youtube;ywZE-NEJ2Ik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywZE-NEJ2Ik[/video]

Jessica Jones is coming in the next couple of months, as the second Defender arrives on Netflix!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Bout damn time they gave it a release date. Not exactly an interesting trailer. Hopefully they step it up.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I liked the trailer myself. At least it didn't give anything away.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It's fine as a teaser. guves an idea of the style of rhe show without giving anything away just yet I'm sure we'll get a proper trailer soon

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[video=youtube;xmomqW--Cug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=15&v=xmomqW--Cug[/video]

McAdams the latest big name to join the MCU. She adds to a cast already including Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton & Chiwetel Ejiofor. Mads Mikkelsen is also rumoured.

With a release date almost one year away, we should expect filming to start soon.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
[video=youtube;xmomqW--Cug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=15&v=xmomqW--Cug[/video]

McAdams the latest big name to join the MCU. She adds to a cast already including Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton & Chiwetel Ejiofor. Mads Mikkelsen is also rumoured.

With a release date almost one year away, we should expect filming to start soon.

It's gonna start filming in November.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[video=youtube;eQ3s178GW0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ3s178GW0Q[/video]

Miss Jones is apparently not a morning person. Nice teaser.

Also, it's time to start keeping eyes out for the Captain America: Civil War trailer. Based upon previous years patterns, it should be out within the next 3/4 weeks.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Busy day.
First, here's the latest Jessica Jones teasers:

[video=youtube;Pw7lAFlCSlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw7lAFlCSlY[/video]

[video=youtube;3gax3tMYU4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gax3tMYU4I[/video]

[video=youtube;Wi2hbejO75s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi2hbejO75s[/video]

Bad guy Tennant FTW.

Second piece of business concerns Ant-Man: He's getting a sequel!

It might not have set the box office aflame the way Avengers: Age Of Ultron, but Ant-Man was still a qualified success and launched new characters in Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang and Evangeline Lily’s Hope Van Dyne. Marvel is capitalising on that, shuffling its schedule to accommodate sequel Ant-Man And The Wasp, which will arrive in July 2018.

Nothing was revealed about the team behind the film – this is really more of a planting of the flag – but the studio will no doubt be putting feelers out and gathering the requisite talent soon. There’s a chance that Peyton Reed will return to direct given his light touch on the first one, but Marvel doesn’t specify. And yes, it means we get a proper focus on Janet taking on the mantle of the Wasp, as originally carried by her mother.

The new arrival means there has been some juggling of the schedules for other Marvel releases, with Black Panther shifting up to February 2018 and Captain Marvel moving back to March 2019.

And there are more movies on the way, with Disney and Marvel announcing three untitled superhero pics for 2020, one arriving in May, one in July and one in November. The phases continue!

Empire online

So to clarify:

Black Panther is now coming earlier, with Captain Marvel being moved back to accommodate Ant-Man 2

Ant-Man 2 will happen between the Infinity War films

I reckon those 3 films scheduled for 2020 are tentative, depending upon which films will end up getting sequels. Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 would certainly be a contender along with a second MCU Spider-Man flick.

And finally, something that slipped by me from earlier in the week:

What was rumoured a while ago has now emerged blinking into the bright light of reality: US network ABC, home to Marvel series Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter, is developing a new companion show based on the comic book company’s title Damage Control.

Originally published in 1989 the comic follows the power-free duties of the team who are tasked with cleaning up after super-suited types have finished doing battle or otherwise interacting: there are lost ray guns to return to rightful owners, weddings to re-schedule after the intended venue has been vaporised and even the odd parrot to be tracked down when it has been turned to stone. Given the crowded nature of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which has been known to crossover with the TV side of things, we can expect them to be busy.

Unlike S.H.I.E.L.D. and Carter or any of the Netflix shows, this is being designed as a half-hour comedy with Daily Show/Colbert veteran Ben Karlin and Parks And Recreation’s David Miner planning to bring the funny with what could be a nice little tie-in to S.H.I.E.L.D., which is already looking to spin of one show, Marvel’s Most Wanted, to focus on Adrianne Palicki’s Mockingbird and Nick Blood’s Lance Hunter. And that’s without getting into the still top-secret show being developed by John Ridley.

We’ll have to wait to see if Damage Control comes to fruition – Marvel’s Most Wanted has been through at least one rumoured-scrapped-returned cycle – but it definitely has potential.

Empire Online

I remember someone here thinking this would be a good idea for a TV show. Take a bow whoever you are!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
14 films for phase 3? Overkill much. They should have made Infinity War part 2 the end of phase 3 and kicked off phase 4 with The Inhumans.

That being said, I'm hype for the Ant Man sequel. Hopefully Michael Douglas returns.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I remember someone here thinking this would be a good idea for a TV show. Take a bow whoever you are!
I believe that would be me and holy shit that's the best news I've had in awhile. Here's hoping they actually go through with it because the potential is definitely there.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
14 films for phase 3? Overkill much. They should have made Infinity War part 2 the end of phase 3 and kicked off phase 4 with The Inhumans.

tbf, that may very well end up being the case.