LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Holy shit The Punisher is coming to the MCU. That's fucking dope.

It doesn't surprise me Thomas Jane isn't reprising the role. Marvel wants a fresh start.

BUT THE PUNISHER. AHHHHHHHHHH

Postman Dave

Reaction score
With Ant-Man out in just over a week, I gotta say avoiding all these trailer has made me a bit more interested in it now. I've got zero expectations going into it so it'll be a lot harder to be let down.

Did notice that one trailer spoils the appearance of another MCU character so be careful what you watch.

Oh and lastly, it's been confirmed that the post credit scene returns for this film after taking Age Of Ultron off in a phenomenal troll move.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I have no idea what that means.

So we had the mid credits scene with Thanos right? Usually there's something at the very end of the credits too.

With Age Of Ultron, Joss confirmed in advance there would be no scene just this once in an MCU movie. However, at my screening EVERYONE (myself) included stuck around for the entirity of the credits, refusing to believe this and assuming he was calling our bluff. I fail to believe we were the only assholes who did this. But that's what happens when you condition your audience to behave in such a way.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So we had the mid credits scene with Thanos right? Usually there's something at the very end of the credits too.

With Age Of Ultron, Joss confirmed in advance there would be no scene just this once in an MCU movie. However, at my screening EVERYONE (myself) included stuck around for the entirity of the credits, refusing to believe this and assuming he was calling our bluff. I fail to believe we were the only assholes who did this. But that's what happens when you condition your audience to behave in such a way.

Oh lol I believed him and left after the mid-credits scene

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
However, at my screening EVERYONE (myself) included stuck around for the entirity of the credits, refusing to believe this and assuming he was calling our bluff. I fail to believe we were the only assholes who did this. But that's what happens when you condition your audience to behave in such a way.
The first time I saw Age of Ultron, I stuck around until the end as well, so you guys weren't alone. :lol:

Really looking forward to Ant Man though, I'd say it's my number two most anticipated movie behind The Force Awakens at this point.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I always stick around until the end of the credits anyway. Even Terminator Genisys had a middle credits scene.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I always stick around until the end of the credits anyway. Even Terminator Genisys had a middle credits scene.
Same here, but it's mostly because I don't like trying to leave in a herd of people and still have some of my $10 popcorn to finish. :lol:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Ant man done.

Great film, weaker than the last 3 MCU films but still good fun.

That last post credit scene tho

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The problem with seeing it first day: you can't discuss shit for at least a week

Haha, true, and I hate having to spoiler tag stuff anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew

Reaction score
Wasn't as good as Guardians...maybe better than Age of Ultron(just too much going on there).

Posted in Tapa while probably Driving.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just saw Ant Man. All I can say is Marvel does it again. It was a great action/comedy film that everyone can enjoy. I definitely came out feeling satisfied.

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Marvel has premiered the first footage from captain America civil war. While they've done a good job of keeping the presentation from leaking online, here's a description of the footage.

It starts with Captain America in a bedroom. “Eyes on target,” he says. Falcon is on the roof and launches a “red wing.” This is a small drone that shoots out of his pack, flies down to the street and under a car. It begins sending Falcon X-rays of the car, and they realize it’s a battering ram. Crossones jumps out of the back, Captain America jumps down to fight him, and he shoots a bomb onto Cap’s shield. Cap is forced to throw his shield into the air, so the explosion doesn’t hurt anyone. The two fight, Falcon flies in and Black Widow runs toward the action—this all takes place in a crowded foreign market place. Crossbones lands some huge punches on Cap with his mechanical arms, and there are knives embedded in them. Widow takes out four men. And just as Cap is about to beat Crossbones, he mentions Bucky. “What did you say?” Cap asks. Then the Marvel logo. We’re just getting started.

William Hurt’s character from The Incredible Hulk is talking in voiceover as we see Cap and the team walking through the Avengers headquarters. “The world owed you an unplayable debt. People see you as a hero. There are some who prefer the word vigilante—people are afraid.” Cap responds, “This job, you try to save as many as we can. Sometimes that doesn’t mean everyone.” Those last lines are over the ending shots of The Winter Soldier. Then we cut to the Ant-Man end credits scene. Bucky, aka The Winter Soldier, has been captured.

“Bucky, do you know me?” Captain America asks the captured Winter Soldier. “Your mother’s name was Sara,” he says.

And then we saw a montage of shots with some more voice over. We see Cap and Bucky walking to a bunker in the snow. “What would you call a group of enhanced individuals who inflict their will anywhere their choose?” someone asks. They show Vision, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, and other Avengers. Cap says, “Sometimes the safest hands are still our own.”

Then, finally, we see Tony Stark. “Sometimes I want to punch you in your perfect teeth.”

“We have no boundaries,” Stark says. “We’re no better than the bad guys.” “Is that how you see protection?” Cap retorts. A bunch of quick cuts, including Black Panther quickly, Martin Freeman in a room filled with monitors and more. No Spider-Man. Finally someone asks Cap “What do we do?” “We fight,” he says. We then see Cap, Bucky, Falcon, Widow and a few others running across an airport tarmac. That’s followed by a few quick, close cuts of fighting and then we see Hawkeye on top of Widow, trying to choke her. “We’re still friends, right?” she asks.

Then, after the title, one more scene. Hawkeye pulls up in a van and in the back of it, sleeping, is Scott Lang, played by Paul Rudd. “Oh my god, Captain America, it’s an honor” he says. He starts shaking his hand and staring at him. “I’m shaking your hand too long, right?” He turns around, sees Scarlet Witch and says, “I know you too, you’re great.” And then he just keeps touching Cap’s shoulders. “I know you know a lot of super people, so thanks for thinking of me,” Lang says. And that’s it.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: