LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
They will not do another origin story. That much I'm certain of. Marvel is too smart for that, even if Sony has final say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. It won't.

I'm a bit disappointed that Thor Ragnarok will be delayed, as Kevin Feigue was signing praises to the film at the Phase 3 announcement event.. But it's only three months.

I'm just hoping the quality of the MCU Spiderman films wll be more in line with Captain America: The Winter Soldier and will be nothing like than the unwatchable mess that was ASM2.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I liked ASM 2 but to each their own I guess

Postman Dave

Reaction score
AOU isn't even out in America yet, but & it's already time to change focus! Captain America: Civil War started filming today, and Daniel Bruhl has confirmed his role:

In an interview with The Independent, Daniel Bruhl confirmed that he will play Baron Zemo in Captain America: Civil War. However, he’s not playing the original Baron. Instead, Bruhl will play his son Helmut.

Baron Heinrich Zemo first appeared in The Avengers #4 in 1964. He’s a former Hydra scientist who fought Captain America in World War II and later created the villain supergroup The Masters of Evil. His son debuted on Captain America #168 in 1973. Helmut mutated after falling into his father’s chemical Adhesive X. He then joined forces with Arnim Zola and Batroc (both appeard in Captain America: The Winter Soldier). He later led a hero team of reformed villains called Thunderbolts.

Bruhl said: ““I think I can tell you that without being thrown into Marvel prison. For the first few days I’ll walk around like a little boy, just amazed by the megalomania of it. It’s such a huge project. We could do 20 films with the budget.”

Frank Grillo has also confirmed his return as Crossbones.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Cast & plot released for Captain America: Civil War as filming gets underway:

- According to superherohype.com has started principal photography at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta, Georgia for Captain America: Civil War. They have also confirmed the cast and plot of the film.

The film will be released on May 6th, 2016 and stars Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany as The Vision, Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine, Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch, Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl as Baron Helmut Zemo, Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man and Martin Freeman.

Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

um, yeah, this is definitely Avengers 2.5.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This can't be the official synopsis because thet don't mention anything about iron man and captain America.

Also, it's interesting to see black panther billed above the villains so I guess this means his role will be significant.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This can't be the official synopsis because thet don't mention anything about iron man and captain America.

Also, it's interesting to see black panther billed above the villains so I guess this means his role will be significant.

I guess you didn't read the part where they're both in the cast list and Captain America is leading the new Avengers team, eh?

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Well here's the official Marvel line:

Marvel Studios has commenced principal photography at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta, Georgia on “Captain America: Civil War,” the third installment of its Super Hero franchise. The production will shoot on location in Atlanta, Georgia, which serves as the base for the film’s production, as well as locations in Germany, Puerto Rico and Iceland.

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, “Captain America: Civil War” is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Community”) from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (“Captain America: The Winter Solider,” Marvel’s “Captain America: The First Avenger”). The film returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron”) as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 3”) as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as The Vision, Jeremy Renner (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “The Avengers”) as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla”) as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd (“Ant-Man,” ”Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”) will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in “Captain America: Civil War.”

The film also includes outstanding additional cast, including Chadwick Boseman (“42,” “Get on Up”) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (“Inglourious Basterds,” “Bourne Ultimatum”), Frank Grillo (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Warrior”) as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (“A History of Violence,” Marvel’s “The Incredible Hulk”) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”).

“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” is produced by Marvel Studios’ president, Kevin Feige, with Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Patricia Whitcher, Nate Moore and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo’s creative team also includes director of photography Trent Opaloch (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Elysium”), production designer Owen Paterson (“Godzilla,” “Matrix”), and three time Oscar®-nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”).

Based on the Marvel comic character first published in 1941, “Captain America: Civil War ” continues the lineage of epic big-screen adventures chronicled in “Iron Man,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marvel's The Avengers,” “Iron Man 3,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and the upcoming release schedule, which includes Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Marvel’s “Doctor Strange,” on November 4, 2016, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy 2,” on May 5, 2017, and Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok,” on November 3, 2017.

Marvel Studios most recently continued its unprecedented success with the release of “Avengers: Age of Ultron” on May 1, 2015. The film recorded the second biggest opening weekend of all time with a $191.3 million box office. It has also been the #1 release in every country where it has been released.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586...rvels_captain_america_civil_war#ixzz3ZUEQZVmi

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I guess you didn't read the part where they're both in the cast list and Captain America is leading the new Avengers team, eh?

What the hell does the cast list and plot synopsis have to do with each other? They could cast a brick as a character but what good is it if you don't know what the brick is doing

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
What the hell does the cast list and plot synopsis have to do with each other? They could cast a brick as a character but what good is it if you don't know what the brick is doing

They said Downey would be in it as Iron Man so now you know he's in the movie. Not sure what you're missing there? As for what he'll be doing, why would they blow their load and tell you everything in a fucking synopsis?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I never blow my on load on a synopsis esspecially since I already know from reading the Comics what's going to go down. Sure their might be some tweaking, but it's going to be pretty faithful to the story. I might blow my load if we get a clip of Spiderman[if's he's in it] being in his special Spidey suit Tony Stark made for him.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I think we're missing the most important thing here guys:

The random as fuck reappearance of General Ross.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm assuming that he's gonna be in charge of the military that's in charge of the anti-registration act.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm assuming that he's gonna be in charge of the military that's in charge of the anti-registration act.
I think you mean pro-registration act since it doesn't make sense the other way. Also, I haven't read Civil War since it came out but I'm pretty sure Maria Hill was in charge of enforcing the act, not the military.

I'm not sure how close they're planning on sticking to the story, but it's possible they could have Ross become Red Hulk and kill Goliath, which gets them out of having a Thor clone do it. Then again they may not even introduce the Goliath character so what the fuck do I know? :lol:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I think you mean pro-registration act since it doesn't make sense the other way. Also, I haven't read Civil War since it came out but I'm pretty sure Maria Hill was in charge of enforcing the act, not the military.

I'm not sure how close they're planning on sticking to the story, but it's possible they could have Ross become Red Hulk and kill Goliath, which gets them out of having a Thor clone do it. Then again they may not even introduce the Goliath character so what the fuck do I know? :lol:

Yeah I highly doubt we see Goliath, if he does show up people will wonder where did this guy come from? In the Comics the death of Goliath was huge and really changed the path of main characters, and helped bring them together. You gotta do some kind of death, to make the Avengers on both sides and wake and say hey what are we doing here? Is this fight really worth it, when people are dying?