Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XXIX - The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

As much as I loved the Living Colour playing Punk to the ring, Taker’s entrance is just phenomenal with the zombie arms grabbing at him from heel, that was a sign that this will be the MOTN and boy did they deliver. The opening 3 maybe 4 minutes were brilliant with Punk showing he’s not scared so he would mock him and slap him twice in the face. I did mark for so much in this like Punk’s sinister smiley every time he was offense, him doing “old school” twice but the second time FAIL’ing. The counter and near falls off the chokeslam and top rope elbow drop in the middle were great. Also I loved the elbow on the announce table but I couldn't help but laugh that the table didn't break just to have BROCK! Break it on a simple suplex. OH! And Taker sitting up after the vice just to have Punk hit him with the GTS just for Taker to bounce off the ropes and hit the tombstone! FUCK! ME! Them paying homage to the WM X-Seven spot with the urn instead the hammer was another great moment then we get to the finish with the back and forth counters with the GTS & Tombstone but Taker used his bigger frame and power the end it with a hilarious tombstone. The only slight problem I had with it was Taker missing the big boot but went shin first into the top turn buckle but they that in the match and everyone knows Taker’s weakness is his knees. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT 04/10/2013 - Kassius OhNo vs. William Regal

No question about it this is the greatest match in NXT history, it's better than Kidd/McGillicutty from the first show. Everyone needs to watch this match. This was a match based on emotion and the injury to Regal which worked very well. The story of the match was "The teacher vs. student". The beginning was just Regal working arm submissions in the most brutal ways possible and just finding new ways to beat the shit out of him. Regal may be an old guy but god damn that motherfucker can still work better than most of the wrestlers in the US or the world right now and his selling in this match was AMAZING he really put over how brutal OhNo's offense is. The 2nd half was OhNo brutally working the head and neck setting him up for the KO elbows. And the OhNo stretch and Regal would counter and start trying to break his fingers one-by-one. AWESOME! Two moments that really stand out was OhNo “readjusting” his fingers which appeared to have popped out of place and the finish with OhNo going for the roaring elbow but Regal ended up hitting his own elbow (which he sold phenomenally) and then Regal finishes it with a sick knee. ****

Rewatched it.

In 4th place for MOTY still

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Death Before Dishonor VIII - No DQ Match for the ROH World Tag Team Championships: Kings Of Wrestling vs. The Briscoe Brothers

Cleverly referencing ROH’s last trip to Canada (when Mark was turned away at the border), Prazak and Dumbrowski have been teasing all night that the Briscoes aren't in the building due to customs problems again. The Kings think they’re coming out to accept a forfeit victory, and even Adam Pearce (The Booker at the time) was at ringside. So as the ref is just about to call for the bell The Briscoes sprint through the crowd and they start brawling. AWESOME! That is awesome, just 20 minutes of hate and blood and the crowd was nuts for it and these two teams just have tremendous chemistry. It was compact and effective, nothing really wasted, and made both teams look awesome. Some little things annoyed me like the NO-SELL parts and a couple of off spots but I can forgive those. What this was was one of the finest examples of a ‘texas tornado’ style tag team fight you’ll ever see. Oh and lol @ the woman and some some guy in the front calling Hero “a fucking smurf”. ****1/2

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
[video=youtube;zRjZNvuya-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRjZNvuya-o[/video]
[video=youtube;2SjBGsEuo-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SjBGsEuo-4[/video]

An all time classic Brawl. Both men put on a hell of a show and i can see why mick called this his best WCW match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Wretlemania 29 - The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

As much as I loved the Living Colour playing Punk to the ring, Taker’s entrance is just phenomenal with the zombie arms grabbing at him from the depths of hell, that was a sign that this will be the MOTN and boy did they deliver. The opening 3 maybe 4 minutes were brilliant with Punk showing he’s not scared so he would mock him and slap him twice in the face. I did mark for so much in this like Punk’s sinister smiley every time he was offense, him doing “old school” twice but the second time FAIL’ing. The counter and near falls off the chokeslam and top rope elbow drop in the middle were great. Also I loved the elbow on the announce table but I couldn't help but laugh that the table didn’t break just to have BROCK! Break it on a simple suplex. OH! And Taker sitting up after the vice just to have Punk hit him with the GTS just for Taker to bounce off the ropes and hit the tombstone! FUCK! ME! Them paying homage to the WMX-Seven spot with the urn instead the hammer was another great moment then we get to the finish with the back and forth counters with the GTS & Tombstone but Taker used his bigger frame and power the end it with a hilarious tombstone. The only slight problem I had with it was Taker missing the big boot but went shin first into the top turn buckle but they that in the match and everyone knows Taker’s weakness is his knees. But othet then that just AMAZING stuff. ****1/4

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE Raw 1/1/1996: Raw Bowl- Smoking Guns v.s Yokozuna & Owen Hart v.s Razor Ramon & Savio Vega v.s Psycho Sid & The 1-2-3 Kid

:lmao You wanna to watch a mess of a match well here ya go. You got an elimination match during a time that a lot of elimination matches don't happen just to mock that whatever Football can do, WWE can do better. In this case it's not better at all. The first thing the wrestlers do is expose the rules of the match like they always did in multi-man like this at this time. You know when you get tagged in to face your partner and you have to have some contact with them before you are even allowed to tag out. It's like all the wrestlers know this rule is stupid so they are like "HEY LET'S DO IT ANYWAYS!" So that's what you get to start off this massacre. Also you have to remember each team gets one time out. Well the time out rules leads to a confusing and utterly lame looking closeline by SID to either Razor or Vega to the back of the head to get them outta of the match after a pinfall. It took forever to get to this first fall or at least it felt like it since most of the exchanges just suck. No idea why Razor tagged with Savio either. If you watch WWE's last PPV before this IYH: Season Beatings he teams with Marty Jannetty as Savio plays a gullible babyface during some shitty ass Santa segment. Well Razor/Jannetty's opponents on that faithful night were SID & THE KID. I'm just upset because the best parts of that match were the exchanges between Jannetty and Pac. Of course this match has Owen Hart though so that makes up for that at least when he's in the ring yet he takes the next fall all while Yokozuna who can barely get around is screaming for a time out outside the ring because he can't make the save. UGHUGHUGH! We finally get down to the last two teams and you think the Smoking Guns are just gonna lose to SID. Right? Naw they pull it out somehow so at least this match proves that teamwork should matter not just in Football but in wrestling. YAY! I'm probably being too generous with my rating here but it was still a novel idea and nobody in their mind should have ever thought this would be great by any means.

Last edited:

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
[video=youtube;FlJIrZqDec4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlJIrZqDec4[/video]

i Miss these old WCW cruiserweight matches(Bring the division back vince)cause rey was always awesome in these.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge - Unforgiven 2002
Really good match. There wasn't anything overly special about it exactly, but I thought there was simply nothing wrong with it either. It was fluid, told a good story concerning Edge's concussion from the week (or few weeks) before and I thought Eddie controlled the match extremely well. For a match that was relatively short, they did everything they wanted to do, and and didn't make any of it feel rushed either. ****

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle - Unforgiven 2002
SO FUCKING GOOD. I think these two men work incapable of having a bad match together, and here it really showed here. For a match that was under 15 minutes you'd think that these two men would need more time to build-up a solid match, but that wasn't the case here. They fitted in everything you'd want to see from these two; great technical wrestling, lots of German Suplexes and a brilliant final few moments of the match as well. It does have the usual Kurt Angle psychology of working on a body part such as the arm or head and then going for an Ankle Lock to finish things off, but honestly, this match has so much good stuff that it overshadows minor things like that. This right here is my 2002 MOTY. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 05/01/2013 - WWE United States Championship Kofi Kingston vs. Antonio Cesaro

This match was "FUCKING AWESOME" it's so glad to see Main Event finally giving us these types of lengthy matches like we was given when it first started. For a second they had me nervous cause the past 2 months it been nothing but silly 2, 5 minutes matches and the rest of the show what happen on RAW. Anyway this match has so entertaining; Cesaro mostly in control and really working Kofi's leg hard, some of the moves Cesaro pulled off were phenomenal. The match made Antonio look great in the loss and Kingston gets a good win and continues to show how he can put on good matches. One of the highlights that happen was while Cesaro was standing on the second rope and Kofi standing on the apron, he Superplexed Kofi back into the ring. Another great spot was Cesaro was swinging Kofi around by the injured leg and then dropped right down into the Half Crab. AWESOME! Excellent job by both men. I really enjoyed this match. Kofi walked away with the title in this bout but Cesaro really looked like a star. ***1/2 - ***3/4

Miss D

Reaction score
WWE Main Event 05/01/2013 - WWE United States Championship Kofi Kingston vs. Antonio Cesaro

This match was "FUCKING AWESOME" it's so glad to see Main Event finally giving us these types of lengthy matches like we was given when it first started. For a second they had me nervous cause the past 2 months it been nothing but silly 2, 5 minutes matches and the rest of the show what happen on RAW. Anyway this match has so entertaining; Cesaro mostly in control and really working Kofi's leg hard, some of the moves Cesaro pulled off were phenomenal. The match made Antonio look great in the loss and Kingston gets a good win and continues to show how he can put on good matches. One of the highlights that happen was while Cesaro was standing on the second rope and Kofi standing on the apron, he Superplexed Kofi back into the ring. Another great spot was Cesaro was swinging Kofi around by the injured leg and then dropped right down into the Half Crab. AWESOME! Excellent job by both men. I really enjoyed this match. Kofi walked away with the title in this bout but Cesaro really looked like a star. ***1/2 - ***3/4
yes glad main event has great matches this one and the miz vs ziggler few months back were best wwe matches I seen in a while well not counting ppv's

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
yes glad main event has great matches this one and the miz vs ziggler few months back were best wwe matches I seen in a while well not counting ppv's

you didn't like CM Punk/Cena, OhNo/Regal or the Shield vs. Taker & Hell No?

Miss D

Reaction score
what punk/cena one there are like 50 of em must had missed regel one

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
what punk/cena one there are like 50 of em must had missed regel one

Raw 25/02/2013

[video=dailymotion;xyymbg]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyymbg_nxt-04-10-2013-kassius-ohno-vs-william-regal_sport[/video]

watch it

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 05/03/2013 - Daniel Bryan vs. Ryback

Really fun Big Man vs. Little Man match, I'm happy this wasn't one of those squash matches that RYBACK matches are like. The had Bryan look competitive throughout and even though you knew he wasn't going to win he had it still didn't take away from the match. I loved the story of Ryback using his brute strength and pulling out 5 or 6 new moves which was nice, but Bryan would counter with his quickness and working on his legs to chop him down to his size. The moment of the match was the counter from the lou thesz press into the half Boston crab. ***1/4