Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
WCW World Title: Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash

This match wasn't Boring or Anything but WHAT A FU**ING LAME ENDING!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 09/17/2001 - Chris Jericho & Kurt Angle vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin & Rob Van Dam

Austin pulled Angle to the outside and the fight starts. Jericho attacks RVD on the outside. Jericho squares off against Austin in the ring. Boot to the face by Austin. Austin picks up Jericho and puts him on the top rope. Jericho does a mistle-drop kick, for 2. Austin tags RVD, but Jericho knocks down RVD with a kick. Kurt Angle gets the tag. Cross body by Angle. Angle has RVD in the corner and he beats on him. Spine buster by Kurt gets a 2 count. Jericho gets the tag back and delivers a few chops to the chest of RVD. Jericho knocks Austin off the apron, then RVD kicks Jericho to the outside. Austin beats on Jericho and was about to piledrive him, but Kurt Angle clotheslines him. RVD puts Jericho on the safety rails and does a spinning kick. Back in the ring, RVD continues the punishment. Austin gets the tag and stomps on Chris Jericho. Sleeper hold by Austin. Jericho counters it into a jaw breaker. Austin tags RVD. RVD grabs Jericho to prevent him from making the tag. Jericho hits RVD and makes the tag. Austin gets the tag too. Jericho holds Austin and Kurt beats on him. RVD accidentally kicked Austin. Spring board drop kick by Jericho on RVD, Austin pushes Angle on the referee and the referee was knocked out. Ankle lock by Kurt, but RVD hits Angle. Jericho comes in and does the Walls of Jericho on RVD. Austin nails Jericho with the belt. Austin was about to hit Kurt with the ring bell, but the referee takes it away and Angle rolls him up for 2. Austin gets up and was about to do the stunner, but Kurt catches his leg and does the Angle slam and gets the win. *** this pretty fun, i wish it would of got more time though as it just flew by.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Unforgiven 2001 - WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle

The build to this has been phenomenal, and quite possible the best feud of 2001. This wasn't SSlam amazing but I doubt Austin could of carried Angle to that type of match again. I did love how they used a lot of revenge spots e.g. Angle throwing Austin off the ramp in revenge, and the Piledriver spot being revisited just to have both guys counter it with back drops on the concrete. I will admit the best spot is near the beginning when Austin hesitates to throw the kick before the Stunner because Kurt is ready to catch the foot. Austin desperation and paranoia was Awesome here, as he had to hang on to ever fully attack by Angle and the fact that he brought back the from front suplex spots on the announce table that he did against Benoit was great, it’s just a shame Angle no sold it and that those spots had nothing to do with the story. However this match told a tremendous story of how much hatred both guys have for each other so both men are focusing on the neck of the other. This is smart considering both of their previous broken necks. It was kind of weird seeing Angle was more of the aggressor and really taking it to Austin but Austin was really selling the beating he was getting from Angle here, made Angle’s offense look LEGIT. The ending was pretty much a perfect way to set up a rematch as Austin finally goes for the Stunner, but Kurt grabs his foot and turns him over into the Ankle lock for the submission, but Austin's hand was under the ropes, which would lead to a rematch. Angle's family and the WWF superstars all come out to celebrate with Kurt. There is no doubt in my mind that if 9/11 didn't happen Austin would have retained the title. (As he won it back just a few weeks later on Raw when Regal screwed Angle out of the title) Don’t get me wrong though; there was nothing wrong with this patriotic ending for United States fans and for the hometown boy. ***3/4

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
[video=youtube;oAXJsCUpTxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAXJsCUpTxY[/video]

This Match isn't Nothing Great.

i just wanted to see my 8yr old self jumping up and down in the crowd lol.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Unforgiven 2008 - Scramble Match for ECW Title: Matt Hardy vs. The Miz vs. Chavo Guerrero, Jr. vs. Mark Henry vs. Fit Finlay

The match has a 20-minute time limit and starts with two wrestlers in the ring, and every five minutes a new competitor enters the match. If a superstar scores a pinfall or submission, he becomes the champion, and whoever is the current champion at the end of the 20 minutes is crowned the official champion. Awesome opener that was mostly exciting, especially toward the chaotic ending. It got the crowd into the show and demonstrated the effectiveness of the concept. And seeing Hardy do everything he can to hold on to the title for the last 3 minutes was pretty fun. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Unforgiven 2008 - Unsanctioned Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
How are you gonna have a match only be won by pin and submission. But then have the ref stop the match for the ending? There was some storytelling in this was phenomenal with then using the history between the two and the previous matches. This is one of those matches where blood would have really improved things. Like Shawn wearing white pants and having Jericho's blood to end it and looking down at himself crying and shaking just like he did to end this would have been a great ending. The last ten minutes were just brilliant as Michaels beat Jericho to a pulp but played the character of being remorseful for what he had been forced to do. Shawn’s facial expressions throughout this match and afterward have been phenomenal. And I must admit I enjoy this one more than the Ladder Match. ****1/4

WWE Unforgiven 2008 - WWE Championship Scramble Match: Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. The Brian Kendrick
Not that this was a horrible match or anything, but it really exposes the folly of having more than one of the same type of gimmick match on the same show. Not as good as the ECW one but still solid. It did follow the same formula as they waited to bring out the slowest and most dominant wrestler. Unfortunately, they had too many mid-card heels the crowd didn’t buy into it. Kendrick was shockingly champion for the longest amount of time while MVP never was anything more than a bonus. The ending was stupid too with not breaking up that cover which he saw. ***

WWE Unforgiven 2008 - World Heavyweight Championship Scramble Match: Batista vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane vs. JBL vs. CM Punk Chris Jericho
Earlier in the night Orton interrupts a Punk promo which resorted in Orton punting Punk which gave him a "concussion" and he had to relinquish the world title instead of have the match be a number one contenders match and have them face Punk the next night on Raw. Oh well this speaks volumes on what creative thought about Punk during this time. Anyway they tried to compensate for lack of mobility and moveset by speeding up the intervals and using crash booking with Jericho as the mystery entry. The storytelling with Batista/Mysterio was good stuff but Kane and JBL is too slow and never a threat to win. Jericho winning was AMAZING though so that does kind of make up for the Punk screw job. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw 10/08/2001 – WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle

Another fantastic match from these two, these two had crazy good chemistry. What’s often forgotten is how AWESOME Austin is in the ring because of how great he was at talking, but this was more proof that he was excellent in the ring. They worked a perfect story of neither man being able to control the pace, and made it make sense because Austin controlled the “SSlam” match and Angel controlled the “Unfrogiven” match so both guy went back and countered everything the other guy throw at the other. One great moment was when Austin was in brief control he tried the Piledriver again causing Kurt to snap, trying it again leading to being Back Dropped on the concrete and Kurt's comeback was pretty great. Regal turning isn’t needed at all as the Alliance already had two people with match making abilities. ***3/4

Last edited:
Reaction score
Royal Rumble 2012 - CM Punk versus Dolph Ziggler - WWE Championship Match

It's a fun title match but didn't feel like a WWE Championship match however, the story was pretty decent with the whole "is Mr. Personality going to screw CM Punk" and that helped the tale told by both Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk, the final straight I remember watching it live being like "Punk is going to get screwed, he's going to get screwed" but it didn't come which was interesting and the ending with Ace joining into make the pinfall attempt seemed to end their feud.

Still nothing special nor should it really be on the Best PPV Matches of 2012. - ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Mercy 2008 - WWE Championship: Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy

Hardy and Trips have great chemistry in the ring together and tell a wonderful story with their constant near falls and intense action. This match would be no different as the tension is there throughout with Hardy coming so close time and time again to scoring the upset win. The psychology with Hardy trying to throw Triple H off his game early but relying on his aerial stuff late even after Triple H countered it earlier. Probably Jeff's best non-gimmick match and Triple H's best performance since his feud with Umaga in 2007. ****

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Triple H vs. Sheamus - WrestleMania XXVI
The match was slow to start off with, but overall I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Particularly liked the end of the match. It wasn't anything special, but having the veteran play possum and put Sheamus into the Pedigree was a nice touch, and kind of represented what the match was all about. ***

WWE No Mercy 2008 - WWE Championship: Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy

Hardy and Trips have great chemistry in the ring together and tell a wonderful story with their constant near falls and intense action. This match would be no different as the tension is there throughout with Hardy coming so close time and time again to scoring the upset win. The psychology with Hardy trying to throw Triple H off his game early but relying on his aerial stuff late even after Triple H countered it earlier. Probably Jeff's best non-gimmick match and Triple H's best performance since his feud with Umaga in 2007. ****

Awesome match. I'd actually rank it above Jericho/Michaels from the same show.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[MENTION=2511]Gimmick[/MENTION]

WWE No Mercy 2008 - Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels

Different ladder match here, it was more about intensity than trying to one-up previous spot at the same time though, it lacked that aggression and violence of the Unforgiven match. There are some seriously awesome spots here including one of my favorites which sees Jericho try and pin HBK down with the ladder only to have Michaels power up and push the ladder over sending Jericho crashing to the floor. I did love the finish with the tug-of-war with the belt which sees Shawn pulls Jericho forward with Jericho nailing an inadvertent headbutt. Shawn falls back, while Jericho pulls the belt down to retain. Jericho ending up chipping his tooth and getting busted open of that oh and when he was laying on the mat the ladder hit him in the face, WOW! I do have the HHH/Hardy match as MOTN but this wasn’t that far behind. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw 11/05/2001 - WCW World Championship: Chris Jericho vs. The Rock

This is a couple weeks after Jericho finally "won the big one" in his feud with the Rock. So he starts walking around like he OWNS the WWF and starts acting like a dick. Man, I forgot how great this match was. I'd put Rock's chemistry with Jericho with Benoit's and maybe even Austin. But men brought a ton of intensity and everything they did was on here. It seemed as every passing minute guys would be getting more pissed off. Good spot in the match was Jericho hit the Breakdown (Breakdown is the Skull Crushing Finale move that the Miz uses) through the table on the floor and still couldn't put Rock away. The finish happens when As Jericho has Rock in the Walls Rock counters to a small package for the 3. Post-Match: Jericho can't believe it, so he grabs the title. Rock gets up, and Jericho runs and hits him in the face with the WCW Title! Jericho then gets a chair and also hits Rock in the face. He leaves, but sees Rock getting up on the tron, and runs and hits him again with the chair again before leaving. AWESOME! ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT 04/10/2013 - Kassius OhNo vs. William Regal

No question about it this is the greatest match in NXT history, it's better than Kidd/McGillicutty from the first show. Everyone needs to watch this match. This was a match based on emotion and the injury to Regal which worked very well. The story of the match was "The teacher vs. student". The beginning was just Regal working arm submissions in the most brutal ways possible and just finding new ways to beat the shit out of him. Regal may be an old guy but god damn that motherfucker can still work better than most of the wrestlers in the US or the world right now and his selling in this match was AMAZING he really put over how brutal OhNo's offense is. The 2nd half was OhNo brutally working the head and neck setting him up for the KO elbows. And the OhNo stretch and Regal would counter and start trying to break his fingers one-by-one. AWESOME! Two moments that really stand out was OhNo “readjusting” his fingers which appeared to have popped out of place and the finish with OhNo going for the roaring elbow but Regal ended up hitting his own elbow (which he sold phenomenally) and then Regal finishes it with a sick knee. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Supercard of Honor V – ROH World Tag Team Championships: Kings of Wresting vs. Motor City Machine Guns

Quite simply, this was a truly great tag team match. The Kings come out to "We Are The Champions" by Queen which was used during their first World Tag Team Title run in 2006. WAS AWESOME. Both teams were just on in this match and what makes it better is that they have chemistry with each other. They did a ton of great signature and double team offense spots. And it's that good that it has that special feeling to it like Briscoe’s/MCMG match from Good Times, Great Memories and Aries & Strong vs. Briscoe’s from Unified. I gotta say, despite the DQ finish with the Briscoe's, this was still a VERY good match. And I know the DQ hurts it but apparently ROH was in a hard place with TNA not wanting their talent to lose on a ROH house show. So this was the only logical move. **** - ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Final Resolution 2005 - Ultimate X Match: Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin vs. AJ Styles

Incredibly fun spotfest match that is totally in my top ten of TNA watches of all time. That was an amazing match of incredible spots and even some psychology from Styles. The crowd only added to the greatness of the match. Overall, this has to be my favorite Ultimate X match. This has a ton of "Phenomenal" spots like when Sabin hit a hurricanrana on Styles from the top of the cable, to when Sabin missile drop kicks Styles who was hanging on the cable and that turns him inside out. But for me the best spot was when Williams & Styles are climbing, Williams rams AJ's head off the steel and then wraps his arm up and rams it repeatedly he then hangs him by the arm. And that has to be the best SELLING! AJ has sold ever. The finish was pretty epic as both Sabin and Williams are having a tug of war on top of the X but all of a sudden AJ SPRINGS OFF THE ROPES ACROSS THE RING AND SNAGS THE BELT OUT OF MIDAIR! HOLY SHIT! The only real problem I have with the match was AJ's springboard forearm which totally missed William but Williams would sell it like it hit him and he would fall from the cables. That is probably the best Ultimate X match ever, IMO but maybe I might have to watch the first 2 again to see if it's close. ****1/4 - ****1/2