Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Preston City Wrestling : Akira Tozawa vs El Ligero

**3/4 They started really slow. Middle of the match was exciting and High Tension German on the apron looks like really sick. I love this move,but finish was really weak i think. And here's the match if you wanna see,PCW shares it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Judgment Day 2004 - WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Eddie Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

Hands down one of the most AWESOME, BLOODY, VIOLENT & HATE filled matches in WWE history. And tbf that's all people remember but theirs so much more than that. With Eddie just beating the shit out of him for like 10 straight minutes until the brutal chair shot which was made too look more brutal cause of the blade job by Eddie. From that this just ended up being a total brawlfeast with a chaotic ending. I HIGHLY recommend that you see this match as soon as possible. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Enter the Dragon - ROH World Championship Match: Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries

A FUCKIN' AWESOME mat-based contest. This is just completely different from their match in May (Nowhere to run), where Danielson was more aggressive, and the match took on more of a puro who’s more of a man style contest. This was all about a rejuvenated Danielson establishing a dominance on the mat and Aries having to bust his ass and hit his fiery offensive flurries to stay with him. The psychology was top notch too with Dragon working of the arm and neck was brilliant and the Japanese armdrag into the buckles to set up for the finish was unreal. Aries knows his big finish is the brainbuster and he focused on the neck, but wasn't able to do enough damage in big flurries. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2011 - Last Man Standing Match: Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Just a brutal war that made good use of the stipulation. This also outdid their Wrestlemania match in my opinion, and was an excellent choice as an opener. Featuring a kendo stick as the main weapon of use, this match contained lots of hard and fast hits, as well as a few creative spots. CM Punk's GTS to Randy Orton on the steel steps was brilliant, along with Randy Orton's attempt to DDT CM Punk from the barrier. And while we all may get tired of the always expected "RKO out of nowhere," Orton's finisher on the table to a disgruntled Punk was great. Although there were a few slow spots in the mix, this match served it's purpose as a good opener. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2011 - Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio

I’m a Christian fan so it was great to see him get the big win here. It sucks that he would lose it 48 hours later, still it would have been nice to see him at least make it to the next PPV. As far as the match itself goes, it was great and easily the best one of the night. Alberto really stepped up to the plate in this match, showing that he can take some big bumps. With some great chemistry between these two wrestlers, a great story to tell, as well as interference that actually helped add depth to the match. The ladder spots were well thought out and well executed, and at many points, I was convinced that Del Rio was going to take the title home. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 05/06/2011 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Christian vs. Randy Orton

Such a great TV match. That had a huge pop for the win, but both guys had the crowd in the palm of their hands the entire time. The match was very well executed and structured to provide some great drama and nearfalls at the end. Very exciting, it was shocking to see this at the time. My only regret was reading the spoilers before watching the match. Oh and the camera work as well to capture a nice range of emotions through each man's facial expressions. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over The Limit 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Christian vs. Randy Orton

16 minutes of beautiful Back and forth counters and reversals which made for a phenomenal story with each man becoming more and more desperate to just hit something BIG, and Christian’s desperation selling was amazing. Some great nearfalls too especially after the spear that was a counter to Orton's punt kick. This blew their Smackdown match out of the water (and that match was great in it's own right). These guys have uncanny chemistry together and this was downright incredible with each man countering each other's signature spots in ways never seen before while the crowd went crazy for everything they did. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Capitol Punishment 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Christian vs. Randy Orton

Yet another really good match from these two, buy not as good as the previous month but still a great match to watch. Plenty of counters again but also the added dynamic of the Orton concussion coming into play, which Orton sells very well. and the screwy finish with Christian's foot under the ropes does bring it brings it down a little, but it was still a good way of adding a new element to the feud. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money In The Bank 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship Can Change Hands Via DQ: Randy Orton vs. Christian

This was their usual excellent little match with all kinds of great counter sequences, but the icing on the cake was the well-booked finish which made Christian come off looking like a CLB BASTARD!, cowardly heel and puts Orton over even more as a badass. The post match beat down is good and the crowd loves it. And for some reason announce tables never seem to break for RKOs. It was probably the weakest of their series, but even so it was still very good. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE SummerSlam 2011 - No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton vs. Christian

So the Orton/Christian feud has come to its finale well is PPV matches. It’s Before the match, Christian brings out Edge. While you would think Edge would give him his total support, Edge tells Christian that he thinks he has become a whiny, CRYING LITTLE BITCH. And then Edge just walks out. :lmao Okay now for the match. These guys have had what, half a dozen matches against each other? While this one might not be the technical masterpiece that their Over the Limit encounter was, it's just a complete 180 with the hardcore spots and was just a total brawl. First it Started off with the usual counter wrestling that we've gotten use to then they turned it into a brawl with some brutal spots. One thing i noticed and thought was smart was that Christian loses the title with the same move that he first lost the title to but this time it was onto the steel steps. There were all kinds of psychology thrown in too to show us how well each man knows the other after so many matches together, and some of the spots were pretty brutal as well. Great match here, and that would appear to blow the feud off for good as Christian goes down clean and decisively. The whole series has been great, and it’s definitely time to move on, but this was a tremendous way to end it. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 08/30/2011 - Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Christian vs. Randy Orton

I've said it time and time again that Christian and Randy Orton have phenomenal chemistry with each other, and that was once again on display in this match. Christian and Orton found a way to make each match exciting and distinct. This match seemed poised to be the blow-off match for their feud and it was cause post match Henry destroyed Orton in the cage and raised the World Title :mark: HALL OF PAIN! but before that I must speak more on the match. The final few minutes were exciting to watch with the counters and fake-outs and previous spots from matches. The finish with Christian attempting the Killswitch from the top rope only to get RKO from the top rope instead was great. A fantastic end to a feud that always delivered in the ring. ****

Post Match: Mark Henry’s music hits and he quickly makes his way to the ring. Henry enters the cage and Orton quickly cuts him off with punches. Henry head-butts him down and stomps Orton. Henry picks Orton up and drives him headfirst into the cage. Henry picks him up and goes for it again, but Orton slides off. Orton punches, but Henry quickly clotheslines him down. Henry picks him up and head-butts him right back down. Henry hits a big splash and yells at Orton to get up. Henry picks him up and launches him into the cage. The crowd boos loudly for Henry. Henry drags him into the ring and picks up his limp body to finish him off with the World’s Strongest Slam! Henry stands over him and screams at him! Henry holds up the World Heavyweight Championship as Smackdown ends!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Buffalo Stampede - ix-Man War, No DQ Match: Austin Aries, Roderick Strong & Jack Evans (w/Jade Chung) vs. Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley & Abyss (w/Prince Nana)

We get an amazing video package highlighting basically everything that’s gone down in this feud so far. JESUS CHRIST I forgot how crazy and wild this is Some of the stuff they were doing was just out of this world crazy. The 630 off the cage, the Shellshock off the apron, the 450 into the ladder. I’m absolutely blown away. The beginning and ending portions were hot, but the middle was a little slow and it was like the didn't want to over do it and wanted the finish to be memorable. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Buffalo Stampede - ROH World Championship: Bryan Danielson vs. Steve Corino

Obviously not on the level of most Danielson classics, and Corino seemed to be gassed like 10 minutes in so Bryan ended up carrying the rest of it. But Corino did played the role of cunning vet who brilliantly stopped all the flurry Bryan had a kept him grounded with basic power holds. Any time he strayed away from this formula it allowed the younger, quicker, technically superior Bryan Danielson to take the advantage and dominate the match. So the match never seemed to kick into that second gear, and it certainly never felt like Corino was going to win. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 02/08/2013 - Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry

WWE is definitely behind Henry, giving him an impressive, clean pin over Orton. Henry is absolutely tremendous and WWE has done a great job of making him look more unstoppable than ever. It also gets him in the Chamber match to throw some bodies around. ** I can totally see him getting another world title run after mania.