Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2001 - King of the Ring Semi-Finals: Christian vs. Kurt Angle

Pretty odd way to open a PPV with heel vs. heel but these two made it work. It's some decent action, but while Angle is trying to keep the heel heat on him, the fans are cheering him. I could have done without a screwjob in the first match. The unspoken angle was pretty clear, though: Shane is trying to wear Angle out before the street fight I also didn't like that JR and Heyman spend most of the match hyping Angle vs Shane McMahon. It did kinda make it feel like Christian has -100% of winning. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2001 - King of the Ring Semi-Final: Edge vs. Rhyno

Another weird Heel vs. Heel match. And was pretty solid for nine minute match. There were a couple of fun spots in the match like when Rhyno hit a top rope Superfly Splash. That was impressive. Also, since Rhyno’s finisher was the Gore and Edge’s was the Spear, they both attempted it at the same time and collided in the middle of the ring. Edge is close to turning face, but he doesn't have the crowd reaction that he would in a few months. **1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2001 - WWF Tag Team Championship: The Dudley Boyz vs. Spike Dudley & Kane

This was a pretty basic tag team match with the Dudleyz beating on Spike until he got the hot tag to Kane. And did have one of the most sloppiest moment when Bubba Ray was supposed to get a pin attempt broken up by D-Von. However D-Von was late getting to the ref, so instead of kicking out to save the match, Bubba Ray lets himself get pinned, and JR was supposed to explain out of that mess. Plus they didn't do anything special just felt like a standard Smackdown match. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2001 - King of the Ring Finals: Edge vs. Kurt Angle

Both men are technically heels and before the match, Kurt offers Edge an opportunity to avoid humiliation by forfeiting the match. After all, Edge has no chance of winning, and it's only fair that Edge allow Kurt to face Shane McMahon at his best. The match was OK for the ten minutes they got. These two would go onto have a hell of a feud in 2002 after WrestleMania X-8. Christian came down and distracted the referee which cost Edge a three count. This was a time period where they were teasing an Edge/Christian breakup. Something that threw me off about this was having Angle wrestle again later in the night, so in this match he's booked as the face, despite being the bigger heel. If you saw their 2002 work together, you'd think this would be really good. Huge disappointment though. Shane McMahon comes out and costs Angle the match, thus adding even more confused for who the fans should cheer or boo. Edge's big moment of winning the KOTR is hardly big. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2001 - Light-Heavyweight Championship: Jeff Hardy vs. X-Pac

The X-Pac heat was in FULL ON MODE here. The match was OK. It felt like a basic TV match and that’s pretty much how it played out. This also had another botch where Pac was supposed to jump over Hardy, but manages to just fall on Hardy. Pac has the match won, but Jeff had his foot on the rope, so even though the ref counted three and signaled for the bell, he forces the match to continue. The crowd was totally flat here and they seem to be losing interest as the show goes on. *3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2001 - WWF vs. WCW/Street Fight: Shane McMahon vs. Kurt Angle

I find it funny that lots of people remember the suplexes through the Plexiglas and think of this as one of the best matches of 2001, but there's a good 10 minutes of meaningless and botched spots before that, and even "THOSE" spots were botched several times. It's still a fun, yet sick match, with a lot of spots that make you cover your eyes, but it's not quite the classic people make it out to be. The match was really stiff and nasty but just a bit too long and I think it could have been a lot better if it was tighter in the beginning and if they lopped off the end. Still, it was a great outing and Angle comes out looking like Superman after wrestling three times in a night and capping it off with a sick brawl. ***1/2 I've always wondered it WWE knew about all the injures that would happen in the month of May and June would Vince of given the green light for some of the spots.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2001 - Triple Threat Match For The WWF Heavyweight Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

Damn great match here and Austin being hesitant to get in the ring because Vince isn't there yet is AWESOME!. The biggest flaw of the match is Jericho's out of the ring for a long time to give way to a long period for Benoit and Austin. Benoit's out for a long time to allow Austin and Jericho to fight. There's such limited time with all three. On the plus side, it's all great entertainment. Once again, knowing how to book a heel on this show goes unnoticed. Ultra heel Austin has to wrestle two friends. Instantly, you're taking away some of his heat. Then you have face, but sorta heel since he's in WCW Booker T come out and suplex Austin through a table, once again making Austin look like a face. The end of the match sees Benoit hitting a suplex from the top rope to Jericho. Austin easily covers Benoit to win the belt, WHAT?. But other then those flaws I enjoy the match and still really like it to this day but their is a part of me that despises it cause Austin would be out for a month because of the table spot and BENOIT would be out for a entire year with a BROKEN FREAKIN' NECK :( **** - ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2010 - WWE/ECW Championship: Ezekiel Jackson vs. Christian

This was the last PPV that the ECW Title was defended on and a damn good one to go out on. Granted Zeke is still GREEN as grass here but Christian sold and bumped for him like crazy and seriously made Zeke look like a monster. It wasn't anything special but it just showed how Christian if needed could be that guy to get other guys over. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2010 - WWE United States Championship: MVP vs. The Miz

Only really like the small package as a finish because the heel did it and cause MVP was having his way with him but this did shit for Miz and was just kind of a blah RAW match. Miz was well on his way to the MITB and WWE title although you NEVER would have thought of that at this point cause he was really bad and still is in the ring at times. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2010 - WWE Championship: Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

Good back and forth psychology but both guys are heels here and you had no faces but more importantly you had no spots that were designed for the crowd to pop really other than Orton's DDT. It's almost as if they designed it with the intent of keeping the crowd quiet which is just weird. Sheamus did not have enough entertaining maneuvers to keep the crowd interested until the end… or perhaps they did not buy Sheamus as a credible champion? YET! But thankfully this summer of 2011 would make him that Legit player in the E. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2010 - WWE World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker vs. Rey Mysterio

Pretty good big vs. little match here, and obviously Taker had to win to keep alive the idea that Shawn could win the Rumble and challenge him at Wrestlemania. Taker beat the crap out of Rey for ten minutes. Mysterio was game but Undertaker is near impossible to defeat. Taker game plan was AWESOME too as he used his brute strength, but once Rey tried to use his speed and cunning to even things up, Taker just used his bigger frame and wrestling skills to keep him grounded. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Elimination Chamber 2010 - Intercontinental Championship: Drew McIntyre vs. Kane

Ten minutes of boring armwork that went nowhere, and it ends with an eyepoke and DDT? :lmao Both guys are better off when they've got someone smaller to bump for them. That said Drew took some great bumps off uppercuts. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Elimination Chamber 2010 - United States: The Miz (w/Big Show) vs. MVP (w/Mark Henry)

Pretty good last five minutes. But the first eight were dull and sucked, though. These guys just a. Don't have chemistry with each other or b. just are not good without someone else better than them carrying them for the match. *3/4 The best moment of the Match was when Henry and Show were going at it on the outside and Henry ran into the barricade.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XXVI - Money in the Bank: Kane vs. Jack Swagger vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Matt Hardy vs. Evan Bourne vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Christian vs. Drew McIntyre

I remember being shocked as hell when Swagger won, cause by looking at the guys in the match and by listening to the crowd I was 98% sure Christian was gonna win this. Very solid Money in the Bank match although they had some mistimed moments too. It’s hard with ten guys, which is the most amount of people to ever be in a MITB match. I think six competitors is the perfect amount. I think for the most part they made it work. I was kind of pissed at the lack of Shelton trying to kill himself like in previous years, but perhaps that was by design since he’s been released by the E soon and he just didn't give a fuck by this point. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XXVI - Triple H vs. Sheamus

A solid match where everything worked, both men's styles meshed well, the crowd was way into it, Lawler did a great job of putting over that even though Sheamus had accomplished a lot he was still lacking in experience and that come to bite him in the ass as he fell as he gave HHH that chance he needed. It had all the makings of a great match, but the wrong man won i thought at the time but thankfully they let Sheamus get some heat back and let him take HHH out either the next night on Raw or the next PPV, I forgot. **3/4 The ovation for HHH was awesome at the end.