Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Turning Point 2012: DOC v.s Joesph Parks.

A short storyline pushing brawl. That's pretty much it. I guess it would be near Parks best performance his Impact rematch with Bully. That just isn't saying too much.

3/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Turning Point 2012: Tag Team Title Match- Christopher Daniels & Kazarian v.s Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez(c).

Pretty decent tag match here. These teams mesh pretty well. Chavo is a little out of place in the sense of his tenure in TNA but he took the brunt of this match. It was a great selling performance if anything by Chavo before surviving and pulling out the victory. We also had the usual Hernandez free for all when he was in the ring. He completely showed dominance. Nice counterpart to a team. You take the beating and I'll look fantastic saving your ass. Still this was a fun tag team match between credible midcarders fighting over a title that should be important. So, I quite enjoyed most of the action.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Turning Point 2012: A.J. Styles v.s Bobby Roode v.s James Storm.

This was a high stakes match. All these guys knew eachother so it led to some damn good shit. Everyone seems to pick their spots well even if that meant Roode had to take several dives off the apron so we could see Styles/Storm take up a majority of the match early. Typical three way match stuff. Of course some of the exchanges were off the wall great. Styles hurt his knee at one point it didn't slow him down, actually I think it got him more into the match. Before that he was just waiting for openings and now he was going full force since it looked like he is clearly playing the backseat to Roode/Storm which was the overall case. It's good to see Storm pick up another win too. Roode and him should have a couple more showdowns, this can get even better.

***3/4-****

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Turning Point 2012: Devon v.s Kurt Angle.

Ugh. This was pretty slow and dull the entire time. However, I didn't mind that Devon actually came off as a threat to Angle. It was back and forth, it just wasn't very entertaining. Also it was sloppy at a couple points that it really shouldn't have been. They tried to take to another level then it stalled. Yeah, stalled. After a little bit then Angle hits the Angle slam which leads to Aces & Eights coming ringside. So we don't get to see these guys keep throwing their good stuff at each other. I guess Devon doesn't have much left but I would have liked to see him stumble through it if TNA is going out of their way too book him in such a high profile match.

*3/4

Last edited:

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
TNA Against All Odds: Robert Roode (c) vs. Bully Ray vs. James Storm vs. Jeff Hardy for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Monday Night Raw (11/12/12) - Dolph Ziggler vs Randy Orton

Raw opening with a match, what is this 1994? Well this was disappointing. It was fun while it lasted, but only lasted a few minutes. The real highlight was Ricardo attacking Orton after the match. OH SHIT! TEDDY LONG CAME OUT AND MADE A TAG MATCH! :mark:

WWE Monday Night Raw (11/12/12) - Alberto Del Rio & Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston & Randy Orton

Much better match here a few sloppy parts, but all four guys work so well together, crowd was super hot and it built nicely towards the Survivor Series match. :y:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Monday Night Raw (11/12/12) - Big Show vs William Regal

Fuck yeah, Regal on Raw. That is all.

Undertaker

Reaction score
John Cena vs Brock Lesnar - Extreme Rules 2012.

This is what you call a 'stiff wrestling match' both guys taking bumps. The match was full of emotion and told a fantastic story. It was probably a lot better than most fans thought. The slow methodical pace worked and this is mainly because both guys are brilliant at selling moves. It was also very brutal and even watching the bumps Cena took made me grimace. I thought the blood added a lot to the match as well which goes to show that blood does help to make a match more worthwhile to watch and more realistic. I was a bit disappointed that Cena won because Lesnar had all of the momentum throughout the whole entire match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 08/31/2000 - Kurt Angle (w/Stephanie McMahon) vs. Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna)

So Stephanie just saw her husband taken away by the cops yet there she is in Angle’s corner, albeit reluctantly. Angle asks Stephanie to hold his gold medals as he heads in but Eddie wastes no time getting in the first shots. Eddie whips Angle and hits a heel kick then clotheslines him over the ropes and Chyna gets in a forearm. Angle takes a swing at Chyna but misses and Eddie connects with his shot before rolling him back in the ring. Eddie drills Angle with a brainbuster for a near fall then whips him but Angle comes back with a German suplex. Angle tosses Eddie through the ropes then goes out and grabs a chair but Chyna keeps him from hitting Eddie and the two fight over the chair. Eddie nails Angle from behind and Chyna passes him the chair and Eddie readies a swing but Angle holds Chyna in front of him so Chyna hits him with a mule kick below the belt. Eddie takes another swing with the chair but misses Angle and hits the ringpost and ends up hurting himself. Both men then roll back in and Eddie hammers Angle with European uppercuts then sets him on the top rope and goes up to hit a huricanrana for a two count. Eddie pops Angle with another European uppercut and charges at him but Angle backdrops him over the ropes then knocks him off the apron right on top of Stephanie. Stephanie doesn’t appreciate that and slaps Eddie in the face and Angle follows it up with a baseball slide. Stephanie runs from Chyna while Angle rolls Eddie back in and the two exchange shots until Angle hits a suplex. Eddie starts fighting back and goes for a whip but Angle reverses and hits a belly-to-belly suplex for a near fall. Angle pounds on Eddie when Eddie whips him and slaps on a sleeper. Angle counters with a back suplex and covers Eddie but Earl Hebner misses it as Chyna and Stephanie both hop on the apron and distract him. Stephanie tries to pull Chyna off the apron when Angle shoves Eddie into Chyna, knocking her to the floor. Angle then grabs Chyna’s IC belt and waffles Eddie with it and is able to grab the pin. *** Really good stuff even with all the garbage involving Steph and Chyna out of the ring.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Turning Point 2012 - TV Championship: Samoa Joe vs. Magnus

A decent opening contest. This match was pretty much the same match you got at Bound for Glory but with weapons added. I've seen people shit all over it but i didn't think it was that bad, Magnus on offense was boring tho. This also seemed to be the blow-off match cause i can't see them dragging this out for another month so i gotta wonder what Magnus will don now after several failed attempts at the TV title. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Turning Point 2012 - X-Division Championship: RVD vs. Joey Ryan

This was basically a squash match RVD got all his shit in while Ryan got a little bit of offense and that was it. Plus having Morgan banned from ringside already was stupid what should of happened is Morgan causes a DQ. By doing this, you set up a rematch between RVD and Joey. By having RVD beat him cleanly. **1/2 Ryan's sleazy theme music is FUCKING AWESOME.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 09/04/2000 - WWF World Tag Team Titles: Edge & Christian vs. The Rock & The Undertaker

Before the match Lawler got attacked by Taz so he's not on commentary for this but don't fear people KANE comes out to the announce table to do commentary and assures JR he’s the safest he’s ever been. E&C do rock-paper-scissors to decide who starts and Christian loses so Rock gets to pound on him first. Rock goes for a back suplex when Christian flips out of it and comes off the ropes but runs into a clothesline. Rock wrenches Christian’s arm then tags Taker in to take over and Taker whips Christian and hits a boot. Taker covers Christian for a two count as we get a shot of the Hardys and Lita watching the match backstage, no doubt thrilled with Rock and Taker getting a title shot ahead of them. Taker whips Christian into a corner and clotheslines him then follows up with sidewalk slam but Edge saves it. Taker whips Christian into a corner but eats a boot and Christian hops to the middle rope and hits a shouldertackle. Edge tags in and gets in his offense then whips Taker but lowers the head and Taker comes back with a DDT. Taker covers Edge but Christian pulls him off and Taker doesn't appreciate it as he beats Christian down. Taker turns back but Edge is up and connects with a spear and Christian recovers to help with a double-team while referee Earl Hebner keeps Rock from coming in. Christian takes over without a tag and gets in his shots before tagging Edge back in. Edge hammers Taker in a corner then hits the count-along punches before Taker shoves him off then comes off the ropes but misses an elbowdrop. Christian tags in and chokes Taker with his boot then draws Rock in to distract Hebner while stomping Taker under the ropes so Edge can work him over. Taker fights back but Christian comes to Edge’s aid then throws him back in the ring and cuts off a tag attempt. Edge gets his tag and whips Taker hard into a corner but Taker starts fighting back with several headbutts. Edge trips Taker by the leg then tags Christian while applying a leglock and Christian lays the boots to Taker. Christian chokes Taker on the mat then applies a chinlock along with a body-scissors before tagging Edge back in. Taker starts fighting back again when Edge goes for a whip but Taker reverses it goes for the Last Ride. However Christian comes in so Taker lets Edge go and grabs Christian by the throat for a chokeslam but Edge dropkicks Taker from behind to break it up. Edge chokes Taker on the top rope then tags Christian back in and E&C whip Taker into a elbow for a two count. Edge tags back in and E&C go for another double-whip but E&C lower the heads and Taker shoves Christian then whips Edge but they clothesline each other. Both men are down as they crawl for their corners and Edge tags Christian while Taker gets the hot tag to Rock. Rock wails away on Christian and whips him into a tilt-o-whirl slam then follows up with a DDT for a two count. Suddenly Chris Benoit comes out but Taker fights him on the floor while Rock knocks Edge over the ropes with the Smackdown. Rock plants Christian with the Rock Bottom and covers him but Edge makes the save and hits a clothesline. Edge brings a chair in and whacks Rock with it then heads out as Christian covers Rock … but only gets two! Taker is back on the apron ready to accept a tag but Rock turns and plants Christian with a spinebuster. Rock drapes an arm over Christian as Hebner counts 1…2…but Kane pulls Hebner out of the ring before three. Kane slides a chair in the ring but Taker heads him off and the two fight with Hebner ducking in the middle. Rock tries to get to his feet but Edge and Christian each grab a chair then nail him with the double chair shot! Rock is out as Christian covers him and Hebner is in to count 1..2..3! E&C retain but more importantly, Christian pins the WWF Champion! **1/2 Decent but not great main event that slowed down in the middle before the slightly overbooked finish. But at least E&C got an actual pinfall to retain their titles.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 09/11/2000 - No Disqualification Match: The Rock & The Undertaker vs. Kane & Chris Benoit

Kane and Benoit come out first followed by … Mick Foley, who joins the announcers for some commentary saying he hasn't made his decision on a #1 contender yet but hopes this match will give him the answer. Rock and Taker are out next and I should mention we’re already past the top of the hour and into the overrun so I wouldn't expect a long match. Benoit and Taker start for their teams when Taker shoves Benoit into a corner and works him over with punches. Taker whips Benoit into the other corner and plants him with a tilt-o-whirl slam then covers but Kane saves it. Taker wrenches Benoit’s are then tags Rock in and once again we have tags in a no-disqualification match. Rock gets in his shots and whips Benoit into an elbow then pulls him down and slaps on his own Crossface. Kane breaks that up and helps Benoit double-team Rock while Earl Hebner tries to keep Taker from coming in. Benoit hits a snap suplex then tags Kane in and Kane pulls Rock out of the ring and drops him on the barricade. Kane throws Rock back in the ring and whips him into a boot then tags Benoit back in to take over on him and Benoit hits a forearm. Rock starts fighting back then goes for a whip when Benoit reverses him into a corner but Rock comes out with a clothesline. Rock gets in a shot on Kane then turns and plants Benoit with a spinebuster. Rock then goes for the ropes looking to hit the People’s Elbow on Benoit but Kane trips him from the floor. Benoit slams Rock then climbs to the top and connects with the diving headbutt … but only gets a two count! Benoit hammers away on Rock then goes for a whip but Rock reverses it and hits a belly-to-belly suplex. Rock makes the hot tag to Taker as Lawler rightfully points out they shouldn't have to tag in a no-DQ match. Taker unloads on Benoit with right hands then catches Kane coming in and whips him into a kick to the chest. Taker tosses Kane over the ropes and nails Benoit with a boot. Kane and Rock duke it out on the floor when Kane rams Rock into the announce table while Taker chokeslams Benoit. Taker sets Benoit up for the Last Ride but Kane clotheslines Taker and Benoit rolls on top of him and scores the pin! Taker isn't happy and works over Kane in a corner while Rock is back in and stomps away at Benoit. Rock and Taker quickly clear Benoit and Kane from the ring then turn and have a stare down with each other. Rock and Taker look ready to go but Benoit and Kane come back in the ring to continue the four-way battle. Finally Mick Foley announces the only fair thing is to have a fatal-four way for the WWF Title at Unforvigen. **1/2 This was pretty damn fun for 5 minutes, crowd was super hot for this.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Bash at the Beach 1996 - Lex Luger, Sting and Randy Savage vs. Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & ????

Yes the Hogan Heel turn was something special but it's a shame no one talks about the actual match, which is a shame cause it was pretty damn fun once Lex got taken out after the silly Scorpion splash spot. Post match Interview might be my favorite Hogan interview of all time. ***1/2 for the match but i'm tempted to give this **** for the whole thing.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2012 - Brodus Clay, Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio, Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel vs. Tensai, The Prime Time Players, Prim n' Epico
Damn this was fun most of these guys can work and once the big guys got eliminated first this pick up tremendously. It was decent and pretty fast-paced, but it pisses me off that they don’t advertise these matches. It doesn't take a lot. They must of known 5 matches wouldn't fill a 3-hour PPV. It's kinda weird that Clay was the only one that was eliminated from his team he must be in the dog house. ***

Divas Championship: Eve vs. Kaitlyn
This was better than expected considering both these divas are not the best workers but they kept me entertained Both girls tried to tell a story in the ring. The booking of the match was designed to make Kaitlyn look powerful, but inexperienced. *1/2

United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro vs. R-Truth
Too short to be anything meaningful Cesaro had a submission hold applied for about half the match. You knew Truth wasn't winning going in and the WWE did nothing to make you think he was during the match. *1/2

World Heavyweight Championship: Big Show vs. Sheamus
The first 5 minutes of this was fucking AWESOME, they legit beat the shit out of eachother during that time but then when Show took over things began to slow down and was not the fun. I had a feeling WWE was gonna book some type of silly ending, and of course it did. But why didn’t the second ref immediately DQ, anyway after the match Sheamus beat the shit out of Show with a chair and all that did was set up for the final match and it looks like it's gonna be a Chair match @ the TLC PPV. **3/4 If they would of had the start of this match and had the ending they had at HIAC the match would of been a ****3/4 MOTYC