Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series '89 - Roddy's Rowdies (The Buschwhackers, Jimmy Snuka, & Roddy Piper) vs The Rude Brood (The Fabulous Rougeaus, Mr. Perfect, & Rick Rude)

Real good match, especially compared to the other stuff we've seen tonight. I hate that the Rougeaus were eliminated so quickly though, should have been the Bushwhackers instead. I love Perfect being the sole survivor, he looked so great in this match.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Saturday Night 8/21/1993: Harlem Heat & Sid Vicious v.s 2 Cold Scorpio, Marcus Alexander Bagwell & Ron Simmons.

Terrible exchanges between guys that really don't know each other. That is pretty much the entire match. No real storytelling just tagging in and out when need be. The only thing I really enjoyed was the interactions between Sid and Booker T. They had a great high five and some hilarious double teaming outside the ring. Everything else just was just a waste of time. Stevie Ray just stood around and did normal stuff in the ring. What else would you expect? It went on way too long for it to accomplish as much it did as well.

1/2*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Saturday Night 8/21/1993: Ron Preston v.s The Equalizer.

The Equalizer actually looks good here. It's just a simple squash but he did things that I didn't think he was capable of. Working a match to the finish where it makes sense? That is pretty much it. Hopefully if I keep watching stuff like this for a while Equalizer will keep surprising me but I doubt it.

1/4*

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series '89 - The Heenan Family (Andre the Giant, Arn Anderson, Bobby Heenan, & Haku) vs The Ultimate Warriors (Jim Neidhart, The Rockers, & The Ultimate Warrior)

Pretty good match, Andre was eliminated in literally seconds and Neidhart followed soon behind so we got some great wrestling between the Rockers and Arn. Heenan played his role good too and we got a very enjoyable main event, not as good as the previous match but better than all the rest.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Saturday Night 8/21/1993: Fury v.s Charlie Norris.

Norris can't work squashes like this yet. Thanks WCW for exploiting that.

DUD

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Saturday Night 8/21/1993: Mike Thor v.s Johnny B. Badd.

This was all over the place and it was just a squash. Badd was just to used to doing random shit that he couldn't work this.

DUD

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Saturday Night 8/21/1993: Rage v.s Ice Train.

This is a nothing match. Ice Train does like two moves one being the ending. It was just a powerslam and if you watched you'd think it was probably going longer but that is it.

DUD

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
WCW Halloween Havoc 1998: WCW Championship Match-Bill Goldberg(c) vs DDP

As a kid, I was a mark for both of these guys. It was your typical face vs face match up. Nice to see Goldberg go for more than three minutes. DDP sold the role of the underdog perfectly if you ask me. I remember watching this match and when DDP hit the Diamond Cutter, I thought the streak was over. Goldberg kicks out! Spear followed by the Jackhammer, this one is over.

The crowd was hot for this match. Whether or not WCW piped in the Goldberg chants, he was over without a doubt. Page was of course WCW's People's Champion and looked great even in defeat.

I would have rather seen this at Starrcade than Goldberg vs Nash

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WCW Halloween Havoc 1998: WCW Championship Match-Bill Goldberg(c) vs DDP

As a kid, I was a mark for both of these guys. It was your typical face vs face match up. Nice to see Goldberg go for more than three minutes. DDP sold the role of the underdog perfectly if you ask me. I remember watching this match and when DDP hit the Diamond Cutter, I thought the streak was over. Goldberg kicks out! Spear followed by the Jackhammer, this one is over.
The crowd was hot for this match. Whether or not WCW piped in the Goldberg chants, he was over without a doubt. Page was of course WCW's People's Champion and looked great even in defeat.

I would have rather seen this at Starrcade than Goldberg vs Nash

Nice write up on the match. I agree with you this was a major feud and both were really over at the time. It is just a shame that Hogan's ego had to get in the way of the feud being the main focus. Also agree that it would have been a better choice to headline Starrcade. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't this the match where WCW couldn't broadcast the whole match on ppv (forget the reason) and so had to show it the next night on Nitro?

Randy Orton VS. Kane Cage Match from Raw 6.9.04
The main event from the raw just before Unforgiven. Orton the world champion in a non-title bout against the heel Kane who was tied up in the Lita's pregent storyline. Both men had big matches at the ppv, Orton with his first major title defence against HHH and Kane to face the returning Shawn Michaels in a grudge match having put him out with a injury a few months prior. At the start this match was just a reglular match, but then Orton looking to save himself for the ppv hits Kane with a low blow calling for the DQ finish (bit of a heelish act there from the face champion), however then at the request of HHH Raw GM Bischoff orders the match to restart under cage match rules.

Decent enough main event Kane with his experience controlling the temple, playing the dominating heel role to perfection althrough Orton made to look a bit too weak and is unconvincing as the under dog champ, but the pair work a decent little bout with the Orton comeback nicely timed. Passible raw fare.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Nice write up on the match. I agree with you this was a major feud and both were really over at the time. It is just a shame that Hogan's ego had to get in the way of the feud being the main focus. Also agree that it would have been a better choice to headline Starrcade. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't this the match where WCW couldn't broadcast the whole match on ppv (forget the reason) and so had to show it the next night on Nitro?

Randy Orton VS. Kane Cage Match from Raw 6.9.04
The main event from the raw just before Unforgiven. Orton the world champion in a non-title bout against the heel Kane who was tied up in the Lita's pregent storyline. Both men had big matches at the ppv, Orton with his first major title defence against HHH and Kane to face the returning Shawn Michaels in a grudge match having put him out with a injury a few months prior. At the start this match was just a reglular match, but then Orton looking to save himself for the ppv hits Kane with a low blow calling for the DQ finish (bit of a heelish act there from the face champion), however then at the request of HHH Raw GM Bischoff orders the match to restart under cage match rules.

Decent enough main event Kane with his experience controlling the temple, playing the dominating heel role to perfection althrough Orton made to look a bit too weak and is unconvincing as the under dog champ, but the pair work a decent little bout with the Orton comeback nicely timed. Passible raw fare.

Yeah that was the match. WCW didn't purchase enough Pay Per View so the last seven minutes went unaired. They recieved a huge backlash for it and had to refund everyone who bought the Pay Per View. Not only that, but they ended up showing the match the next night on Nitro for free. So in the end, they ended up losing money.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Wow and for a company at that level that was a major blunder to make! So I take it that match was the main event I thought it was Hogan-Warrior for some reason.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yea that was the main event.

Hogan/Warrior I'm sure is what sold, but DDP/Goldberg was Defitenely main even worthy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Chris Benoit VS. Robert Conway, Raw 13.9.04 ***

This match proved why Benoit was world class at the time and his abililty to work with wrestlers of all kinds and get a good match out of even limited talents. Conway on the other hand
was the most talented of La Resistance and holds his own up to a point. There is some solid brawling and stiff style action, with some smooth suplexes from Benoit, it works well as a warm
the crowd up style of match. Benoit with the submission win as a result of the sharpshooter.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Gail Kim, Trish Stratus and Molly Holly VS. Nedia, Stacy Kilbler and Victoria ** and a half

If you want to see the contrast between the depth in the ladies diversion in 2004 and now check out this raw six woman match, it featured then woman's champion Trish who was at the top of her game and one of best heels in the promotion at the time, Victoria, Molly and Kim who were all world class performers too. Stacy and Nedia were just filler. The first half of the match worked the best as the heels nicely cut off the ring and worked over the in experienced Nedia. Trish worked the crowd nicely, and dived in and out with sharp offenise where as Molly and Gail did more of the mat wrestling. The second half of the match was rushed and had a cheap finish with Stacy just nicking the pin via roll up. The fact the match was based around a comedy angle involving Molly and Stacy and was made so that Stacy could get the babyface victory lessered its point a bit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels VS. Christian and Tomako Raw 13.9.04 ****

Entertaining tag match with a nice fast pace and convincing exchanges between three of WWE's top workers. Tomako's involvement is kept to a minuem. Jericho and HBK worked well as a face team and the end of the match nicely sets up a Michaels/Christian feud.