Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/08/2000 - King of the Ring Qualifying Match: Chris Jericho vs. Test (w/Trish Stratus)

Jericho tried his best to carry the match but test wasn't having any of it, I guess he didn't care cause he wan't going over. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/08/2000 - WWF World Tag Team Titles: Too Cool vs. The Godfather & Dean Malenko (w/the ladies)

I don’t get why are Godfather and Malenko getting a title shot when they have yet to win a match as a tag team. This was okay for what it was which was to keep Too Cool over and to bury poor Dean more he was FAR better used in WCW. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/08/2000 - WWF Intercontinential Title: Chris Benoit vs. Jeff Hardy

Benoit is still doing the take on all comers feud that's why Jeff has this match, I wonder if Matt will get a shot next week 8D. Anyways this was pretty damn good for Jeff and just another day at the office for Benoit. After the match Benoit offers a hand and Jeff shakes it then turns around …. when Benoit clocks him with the Intercontinential Belt. Benoit then grins as he leaves Jeff laying in the ring. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/08/2000 - 3-on-2 Handicap Match: The Dudley Boyz vs. Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian

Before the match Angle gets on the mic and talks about the lack of sportsmanship saying if you lose, you shake the hand of the winner or vow to do better next time. Angle says millions of kids were distraught after seeing the Dudleys put him through a table on Raw then brings up how a midget cots his friends the tag team titles. Christian takes the mic and calls Buffalo the capital of sore losers with all the Super Bowl and Stanley Cup losses, not to mention OJ. Team ECK then unveil their latest 5-second pose, re-enacting the ending to Super Bowl XXV where Angle dons a Scott Norwood jersey and acts like he missed a field goal while E&C act as the goalpost. CLASSIC and the sad thing was that promo lasted longer then the entire match can't give these 5 guys a minute and half and expect it to be good. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/08/2000 - King of the Ring Qualifying Match: Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna) vs. Matt Hardy

Another short but good match as Eddie earns his way into the KOTR. They did some great high flying moves and mat worked, it reminded me of WCW in the late 90's ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/08/2000 - The Rock, The Undertaker & Kane vs. Triple H, Road Dogg & X-Pac (w/Stephanie and the Faction)

Angle advancement match for the number one contendership, but it was fun tho. ** After the match as Triple H and the DX’ers attack Taker from behind, prompting Rock and Kane to run back in the ring to continue the fight. Shane then decides to get involved by bringing a chair in the ring but Rock cuts him off with a right hand. Rock then grabs the chair himself and you can probably guess what’s going to happen next. Sure enough Rock swings the chair at Shane but Shane ducks and Rock takes out Kane by mistake. Triple H nails Rock from behind but Taker pops Triple H through the ropes. Rock turns around to see who hit him and only sees Taker so he clocks him with the chair as the Regime quickly beat a retreat. Rock chases them to the back then turns and finds Taker and Kane glaring at him from the ring.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;6t_J4nFO_b4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t_J4nFO_b4[/video]

Monday Night Raw 8/22/05 - Kurt Angle vs Shelton Benjamin

Fucking awesome TV match, which is forgotten about, the start with the mat work and countering to the high impact moves at the end. It damn near had me standing up for all the near falls, Angle made Shelton look like a million bucks. I urge everyone to check it out. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania VII - The Undertaker vs. Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka

Total squash, that was used to get over how dominant the Undertaker was in the ring. There’s WrestleMania win #1 for the Taker. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania VIII - The Undertaker vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Guess this was Vince’s way of saying have fun in WCW. As they total burial of Jake here, Years later Jake would admit to holding up Vince before this match for his release. Taker even got to basically no sell the DDT…twice. It was a fun squash though, and just another step in putting Taker over. There’s WrestleMania win #2 for the Taker. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 11.14.08 - Extreme Rules: The Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy

Great Fucking match. The story of this match was so well told. Crazy high flyer is trying to win the match by throwing everything at his bigger, stronger Taker who always manages to stop him before Jeff could really get on the offensive. I didn't even mind the interference because Hardy still had to win the match, he just used the moment that presented itself to his advantage. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania IX - The Undertaker vs. Giant Gonzalez

God awful match with a ridiculous ending. To think they also had a rematch at Summerslam, which may have been worse. This should never of gotten 7 minutes. 1/4* Gonzalez has to be the worse wrestler to ever step foot into a ring. There’s WrestleMania win #3 for the Taker.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania XI - The Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy

Bundy’s career was on the way down at this point, and he really couldn’t move too well in the ring by this point. Therefore, like the Gonzalez match, there wasn’t much that could be done to make the match interesting So yeah this was another horrifyingly bad Undertaker vs. generic monster heel Wrestlemania match which was just here to continue the Dibiase-Taker feud, and wasn’t very good. 1/4* There’s WrestleMania win #4 for the Taker.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania XII - The Undertaker vs. Diesel

This was much better than I remembered it being, just a really solid big man match between the two men. Well paced given the style of both men. Diesel seemed motivated here, and what we got was a good power match between the two. **1/2 - **3/4 There’s WrestleMania win #5 for the Taker.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania 13 - No Disqualification Match for the WWE Championship: The Undertaker vs. Sycho Sid

So Undertaker wins his second WWF title. This match really shows just how sloppy Sid was in the ring. He was very limited, and I felt like Undertaker did what he could to tell a compelling story, but the match never got there. Way too long given Sid’s abilities to work. The highlight of the match is Bret Hart’s promo before the match starts, completing his heel turn that started earlier in the night in his classic against Austin. *3/4 This would have been fine if they cut out some of the rest holds and gone only 10 minutes. There’s WrestleMania win #6 for the Taker.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania XIV - The Undertaker vs. Kane

I still call this the best match that these two have had against each other. The storytelling is great. It did a great job of getting Kane over as a monster and a serious threat to Taker, while keeping Taker’s invincibility alive. Taker sold more here than he had in years. **3/4 There’s WrestleMania win #7 for the Taker.