• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Smackdown 01/06/2000 - Handicap #1 Contenders’ Match: The Undertaker vs. Road Dogg & X-Pac (w/Vince McMahon & Tori)

This is basically a squash match not that I’m complaining. After the match D’Von Dudley comes in to taunt X-Pac about doing a job but bumps into Taker and eats a chokeslam as a result. Taker has his title shot but the Rock and Kane still have their matches to come as well. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Smackdown 01/06/2000 - Chris Jericho vs. Hardcore Holly

This is a Revenge match for Hardcore because on Raw Jericho interfered in Hardcore’s Intercontinential Title match and hit him with a chair. Jericho comes out with a mic and tells “Baldcore” they don’t need to hit each other with chairs anymore since they could have a intelligent discussion and he could even bring him some Rogaine. lol. This was a decent way to end the mini feud between these two and to shift the focus back to Jericho/Benoit. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Smackdown 01/06/2000 - Handicap #1 Contenders’ Match: The Rock vs. Edge & Christian (w/Shane McMahon)

No 5 Second pose by E&C tonight i guess they are serious tonight. Well this was allot of fun, for what it was even if we did see Rock go over the top heel tag team single-handedly. WHAT IS THIS '99 again. At least E&C did some moves and took control of the match unlike DX. After the match Rock exchanges words with Shane then does his posing on the turnbuckles but now the question is will Kane make it 3-for-3 8D **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Smackdown 01/06/2000 - King of the Ring Qualifying Match: Crash Holly vs. Albert

Albert starts off by throwing Crash across the ring but Crash ducks a clothesline and kicks away at Albert in a corner. Crash tries to throw Albert but Albert shoves him down to the mat then slingshots him into the middle rope for a two count. Albert then swings crash around the ring but ends up dizzying himself. Albert charges at Crash in a corner but Crash sidesteps him and hits a tornado DDT for a two count. Crash lands some shots but Albert drops him with a right hand then goes for a press slam but Crash slips out of it. Albert clotheslines from behind and Albert goes for a powerbomb but Crash floats over into a rollup for the 1..2..3 and the upset! As Crash celebrates, Trish shove Crash into the ringpost before Albert throws him back in the ring and hits the Torture Rack neckbreaker. :lmao DUD!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Smackdown 01/06/2000 - Non-Title #1 Contenders’ Match: Kane vs. Triple H

Once both men are in the ring Kane goes out to the floor and gets on the mic demanding the referee leave the ring immediately. Tim White departs without hesitation while Kane tells Triple H there’s been a special official appointed for this match then proceeds the bring out … Earl Hebner! Triple H is not happy with Hebner coming back from his beatdown last month and gets in his face until Hebner reminds Triple H if he gets DQ’ed he will have three #1 contenders. Boy I think Take has said more words on this show then he has if you add everyshow from '97 to the week before this. This was pretty damn good for the 5 minutes they got, really wish it went longer but it was just a angle advancement match. Post match saw Hebner brings the championship belt in the ring but Kane grabs it from him and poses with it before drapes the belt over the fallen Triple H. Kane departs and we do have three #1 contenders as Smackdown goes off the air. I forgot to add i really liked that Regime didn't come to Triple H's aid becasue he said he didn't want the help and just lef him get beat clean. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Raw Is War 05/06/2000 - Too Cool & Rikishi vs. Test, Albert & Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus)

The match was all over the place and i just couldn't get into it but the crowd was eating up everything Too Cool & Rikishi, DAMN! they are over. *1/2 After the match Rikishi starts attacking all three opponents then whips Val into a corner, whips Albert into Val and whips Test into Albert before hitting the butt splash on all three men. Scotty and Sexay take out T&A with superkicks while Val is set up for a Stinkface. However Trish comes in and slaps Rikishi but accidentally flings herself into a corner trying to escape and she falls victim to the Stinkface.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Raw Is War 05/06/2000 - King of the Ring Qualifying Match: Chris Benoit vs. Road Dogg (w/X-Pac & Tori)

Nice and quick win for Benoit. But it was more of a angle advancement for the Dudlys/DX feud. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Raw Is War 05/06/2000 - #1 Contenders’ Match: The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Kane

Triple H comes out and joins the announcers for commentary, i wonder if he will be getting involved :hm: Rock and Taker exchange punches to star when Kane nails Rock from behind and he and Taker double-team him. Kane grabs Rock from behind but Rock frees himself with a low blow then tees off on Taker. Rock goes for a whip when Taker reverses him into a corner then scoops him up for a Tombstone but Rock slips out and hits the Rock Bottom! Rock then goes after Kane and goes for a whip but Kane counters into a chokeslam. Kane covers Rock but Taker pulls him off and the brothers start going at it. Taker clotheslines Kane over the ropes but Rock knocks Taker over the ropes with the Smackdown as well. Kane rams Taker into the apron and the steps but Rock goes out and rams Kane into the announce table. Kane comes back and rams Rock into the barricade as Taker moves in but Triple H gets involved as expected and nails Taker from behind. Triple H rams Taker into the table repeatedly before going back to the announce position while Rock throws Kane into the ringsteps. Taker recovers and knocks Rock across the table then tosses him into the steps and uppercuts him before tossing him back in the ring. Taker then gets in a shot on Triple H before heading back in but as he reaches the apron Triple H grabs a chair and waffles Taker from behind. Kane grabs at Taker from the ring and Triple H nails him with the chair as well. Kane then staggers into a Rock Bottom and Rock gets the three for his title shot. Triple H immediately climbs in the ring and whacks Rock with the chair then taunts him with the title belt before leaving him laying in the ring. *1/2 Too short to even mean anything.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Raw Is War 05/06/2000 - The Godfather & Dean Malenko (w/the ladies) vs. Eddie Guerrero & Chyna
Eddie and Malenko pretty much carried this match. *3/4

WWF Raw Is War 05/06/2000 - King of the Ring Qualifying Match: Hardcore Holly vs. Faarooq
Pretty nice brawl for 3 minutes, not bad and nothing great at the same time. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Raw Is War 05/06/2000 - Chris Jericho & The Dudley Boyz vs. Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian

Lillian Garcia mistakenly announces Edge and Christian as the tag team champions and JR has to correct her. Christian gets on the mic and talks about Rochester being the home of three things: the best chili dog in New York, whatever sports team plays there, and Kodak film. Angle takes the mic and talks on how the Kodak moment originated in a town of unattractive people and the trio proceed with the 5-second pose, which is simply arms open and smiling. Jericho then comes out with the Dudleys and doesn't get any mic time in return. Edge pounds on Jericho to start and whips him but Jericho ducks a clothesline and hits several chops. Jericho goes for a whip, Edge reverses it but Jericho comes back with a flying forearm. Christian comes in but Jericho takes him down with the bulldog and Angle tries to help Edge on the apron but Jericho knocks him off with the springboard dropkick. Jericho looks to put Christian in the Walls of Jericho but Edge nails him from behind for the save. Angle tags in and tees off on Jericho then whips him into a clothesline for a two count. Christian tags in and whips Jericho into a powerslam for a near fall then tags Edge before slamming Jericho to the mat. E&C hit a double headbutt for a two count when Jericho fights back and whips Edge looking for a dropkick but Edge fakes him out. Edge catapults Jericho into a corner then draws the Dudleys in to distract the referee while Christian and Angle double-team Edge in their corner. Angle takes over without a tag and whips Jericho but lowers the head and Jericho kicks the face and hits a backbreaker. Jericho crawls toward his corner but Angle tries to keep him from tagging out and whips him into a corner. Angle charges but eats a boot and Jericho hops to the middle rope and connects with a missle dropkick. Jericho tags in Bubba Ray Dudley and Bubba takes it to Team ECK, hiptossing Angle, backdropping Edge and planting Christian with the Full Nelson bomb. Bubba hits his Diamond Cutter on Edge and DDT’s Angle for a cover but Christian breaks it up. D’Von comes in and knock Edge under the ropes while Angle and Jericho go at it on the floor. The Dudleys whip Christian looking for a 3D but Edge pulls his partner out of the ring. D’Von goes out after him but gets beaten down by E&C, leaving Bubba alone in the ring. Angle comes back in and hits the Olympic Slam on Bubba and scores the pin for his team. After the ending Jericho comes back in and clears out Christian before putting Angle in the Walls of Jericho, allowing the Dudleys to go out and slide a table in the ring. The Dudleys set it up and proceed to drive Angle through the table with a 3D. ** This had potential but was poorly executed it was like they were finally getting onto the grove but the match ended.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWF Raw Is War 05/06/2000 - WWF World Heavyweight Title: Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon) vs. The Rock

Damn this was good, but we all knew that coming in. The chemisrty these two have is damn good and they showed just a little bit of what they can do here It was like a 9 minute version of the Backlash '00 match. I also liked the crowd in this match cause they truly believed Rock was gonna win the belt on free TV. ***