Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 1998 - Vader vs. Artist Formerly Known as Goldust (w/Luna Vachon)

A decent match to kick off the PPV, this was a brawl from the start and they did some nice stuff but it was pretty slow in the middle. The ending was awesome tho with Vader, Vader Bombing Goldust with Luna on his back. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 1998 - Intercontinental Championship: Ken Shamrock vs. The Rock

This is the first of many PPV matches that these two will be involved in this year. Good match that had a screwy ending to make sure this feud continues, but before that and take away the suplexes, this was a high energy punch-kick fest and rest holds. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 1998 - WWF Tag Team Championship New Age Outlaws vs. Legion of Doom

The LOD were just done at this point and there was really no way to make them the legit badasses they once were without killing off younger talent. They had their last title run at the end of 1997 and probably should have called it quits or really put new guys over clean. This match is as one sided as a match could be until the Over-booking kicked in and that wasn't much better. It did feature the Outlaw’s abilities to cheat and take the cheap way out to keep the titles. A second straight DQ in a title match was not a recipe for PPV to draw well. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 1998 - Royal Rumble Match

This was one of the most predictable Rumbles in recent memory. Not since Shawn Michaels in 1996, and before that Yokozuna in 1993, has a rumble been so anti-climactic. Everyone knew Stone Cold was going to win this thing with all the hunting by opponents in between matches during this show. It's so hard to rate a Rumble matches and Battle Royal, well any type of multi-man Rumble matches so i'm not going to do it unless it's the '92, '01 and '04 Rumble which have everything you would want in a match. This match was okay but it had too many people in the ring for the whole match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 1998 - Casket Match for the WWE Championship: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Damn this was a Solid match until the booking at the 94 casket match came in but at least this one had a slightly better execution. But other then that this is a really fun and fast paced brawl match. ***3/4 these two have maybe top 5 chemistry in wrestling they've wrestled 5 times and the fact that there worse match is a 3 and 3/4 star match is pretty damn impressive.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/19/1998 - The DoA v. Nation of Domination

This had it moments of being fun and was a good way to open a show after a 10 minute Paul Bearer which was AWESOME. It's just a shame 8-Ball didn't want to sell anything, and Chainz failed to do a elbow drop. Blacks were clealy better then whites here just a shame it ended in a DQ. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/19/1998 - Tom Brandi vs. Marc Mero w/ Sable

This wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, nobody gives a shit or will ever give a shit about Tom Bradi. And to be fair no one gave a fuck about Mero when he was not giving Sable shit. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/19/1998 - The Quebecers vs. Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie

Another match that was going very well until the unneeded DQ. terry Funk's awesome comedy selling was on full show here it degenerates into a total brawl. Foley puts the ref in the Mandible Claw, Funk does a Vader Bomb dive to the floor, the fat Pierre hits an awesome dive, and yeah. This is the best match on Raw in 1998 so far. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/19/1998 - NWA North American Championship: Jeff Jarrett w/ Jim Cornette & The Rock n' Roll Express vs. Bradshaw w/ Berry Windham

Cornette is on commentary, calling the WWF an outlaw organization to the NWA, and saying Jeff Jarrett will lead the NWA past the year 2000. Well, :hm:. Bradshaw shows signs of his future greatness by just beating the shit out of Jarrett, and this is generally pretty solid because of that. Windham comes in to cut off the RNRX like it was 10 years ago, but he misses and hits Bradshaw with a big Lariat and Jeff steals the win. **1/4 But after the match Bradshaw is not happy but he gets overwhelmed and Cornette hits him with the racket. Windham comes in to stop the assault but then helps out the NWA crew.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/19/1998 - Los Boricuas vs. Owen Hart, TAKA Michinoku and The Headbangers

This was pretty fun for 3 minutes, i wasn't a fan of Owen being in the match tho not because he suck, FUCK NO. It's because he better then everyone else in this match by miles plus. Last night he was attacked twice once by Jarrett and then by Triple H. So why isn't he trying to get revenge? Whateva. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/19/1998 - The Rock vs. Ahmed Johnson
Oh Ahmed Johnson how your so awul that i can't watch you do anything anymore. Rock tried his best to do something but Johnson wasn't having any of it. 1/2*

WWF Raw Is War 01/19/1998 - WWF Tag Team Championship: The New Age Outlaws vs. The Godwinns
Outlaws continue to bump around and attempt to makes their opponents look like a million but this is a lot of slow Godwinns offense, which sucks the life out of everything. Gunn uses a loaded stuffed pig for the win. The pig is revealed to have been stuffed with a brick, the Outlaws continue to play the cowardly heels to perfection but their matches are AWFUL. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/26/1998 - Mark Henry w/ The Nation of Domination vs. Ken Shamrock w/ Ahmed Johnson & The DOA

Okay but too short for my liking. Anyone wanna guess what the the decision was, DQ YEP, ANOTHER opening match DQ/Another match that ends in DQ in general. If this keeps up i don't think i can watch anymore of this year. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/26/1998 - Jeff Jarrett & Barry Windham w/ Jim Cornette & The Rock n' Roll Express vs. The Legion of Doom

Basic enough stuff with a good amount of time. I'm digging this NWA angle with Jarrett and Cornette as a douchey midcard heels. Jeff and Barry manage to work the LOD power no-selling into the story and make it about them having to be smarter to overcome it. The loaded tennis racket does the trick, but Animal immediately gets up after the finish to make the NWA team look like shit. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/26/1998 - The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust w/ Luna vs. Vader

Goldust is dressed as Vader here. And they have a pretty damn fun Vader ass whipping match until Kane randomly comes down and this is a no contest. UGH!!!!. * After the match Vader shows no fear and attacks Kane, but Goldust interferes, allowing Kane to hit the Tombstone. Kane looked like such a badass around this time.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/26/1998 - New Age Outlaws vs. Chainsaw Charlie and Cactus Jack

This is an awesome brawl to start, and they mesh really well. The Outlaw control segment is a lot of fun. Charlie and Cactus go apeshit at the end with chairs and brawling, and it's a DQ. More chairshots and violence and Chainsaw Charlie hits a Moonsault onto Road Dogg under a pile of chairs, which rules. The second awesome Jack/Charlie tag match in two weeks, just give them the tag belts now. **1/2