Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 01/05/1998 - Marc Mero vs. Tom Brandi

Marc Mero is still treating Sable like shit, and is still in that young failed knockout kid gimmick. So you could imagine what this match is like, just full of Punches, Chops and kicks. This was bad but not as bad as the earlier tag match. 1/2* Austin comes down and hits both guys with the Stunner.

Austin 5 - WWF 0, this got to 5 because Austin beat up Mark Henry in the lockerroom in a backstage promo.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 01/05/1998 - Flash Funk vs. The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust

Goldust is doing the whole "THE SPOTLIGHT IS ON ME" he's painted his face black, and is dressed as a pimp from a 70s film. Anyway this was pretty damn good for 3 minutes, I just wish it went on longer. Funk's babyface comeback moveset was great. **1/4

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '90 - WWF Championship: Rick Rude vs The Ultimate Warrior (c)

Pretty good stuff here, though some parts of it were weird, such as Roode diving off the cage twice when he should have won it, heels don't do that. This wasn't as good as their SummerSlam match a year prior either, but I'm fine with this.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 01/05/1998 - WWF Tag Team Championships: The Headbangers vs. The New Age Outlaws

This was a sloppy mess. But it did accomplish something tho it made the Headbangers look solid for the first time in a while and The New Age Outlaws looked like the coward heels who just wanted to get out of their with the tag titles. **1/2 After the match Chainsaw Charlie with Cactus Jack come to the ring and Charlie is swinging the chainsaw around, so the Outlaws leave.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 01/12/1998 - The New Age Outlaws vs. The Truth Commission vs. The Headbangers vs. The Godwinns

Gunn bumping around in this match was awesome, no wonder Dolph wants to bee like him. The Outlaws do that for most of this and Billy uses brass knux to get a win. Kind of pointless since the Headbangers and Truth Commission did nothing really, but atleast they made the champs look good. *1/4

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WCW Halloween Havoc '90 - Midnight Express vs Ricky Morton & Tommy Rich

Oh man this match was great. They told a great story as well of the Midnight Express owning Morton and Rich because they were teaming up for the first time, and the Midnights looked so great here it's unreal. The hot tag to Rich should have been much better though, considering how much the Midnights worked over Morton and for how long. The ending was pretty cool, I didn't mind all the shit that happened with the Southern Boys coming out and Rich using the Tennis racket to win because it worked. Great way to start this PPV.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 01/12/1998 - Marc Mero w/ "FAKE Sable" vs. Vader

Marc Mero tries to cut a promo, and does not happen to realize for 30 seconds that his mic is dead. He introduces "Sable", which is just Goldust in women's clothing. Vader comes out to a great pop and then they fucked around until the real Sable came out. Just to have Mero get her to leave. Finally they ended it when Goldust hits Vader in the head with a coconut which causes a DQ. * Poor Vader, so close to being champ and then HBK and then Vince fucked him over and gave it to Sid.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 01/12/1998 - The Rock and D'Lo Brown w/ Kama Mustafa vs. Ken Shamrock and Mark Henry

Before this match starts we get a clip of Vader on the floor and Austin leaving the dressing room, so this is Austin 6 - WWF 0 POOR VADER. Okay back to the match this lasted around 3-4 minutes and Shamrock never tagged out so you know what Henry did was just turn on him and join the Nation. *1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 01/12/1998 - The D.O.A. vs. The Rock n' Roll Express

Cornette managing the RNRX is kinda weird, and Gibson and Morton do not look well. But you would never know it bu looking at them. They put on a really solid showing here and even made me intrested in the DOA until i realised it was DOA i was watching. Just a shame no one gave a FUCK about this NWA angle. *

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WCW Halloween Havoc '90 - Fabulous Freebirds vs Renegade Warriors

This was fucking terrible. About 6 minutes were edited out of this on the Turner Home Entertainment version I'm watching and to whoever made that call, I thank you.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 01/12/1998 - Mankind vs. The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust w/ Luna
Goldust is dressed as DUDE LOVE!Mankind quickly gets the Mandible Claw on, and within 30 seconds, Austin runs down to give them both Stunners. Austin 7 - WWF 0

WWF RAW 01/12/1998 - Savio Vega and Jesus Castillo w/ Los Boricuas vs. Scott Taylor and TAKA Michinoku
The Savio/Michinoku parts of this were AWESOME, and this was a bunch of fun. Other then that mehh!! **1/4 After the match Owen comes down and kills Los Boricuas with a crutch for payback for last week.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WCW Halloween Havoc '90 - NWA United States Tag Team Championships: The Nasty Boys vs The Steiner Brothers (c)

This is what I'm talkin' about! So much better than that crap match before this. Nice brawl with a real hot ending. Would have been better I think if it was no DQ, so they didn't have the ref look like a deaf idiot when chairs were used and he had to pretend he didn't hear it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WCW Halloween Havoc '90 - NWA World Tag Team Championships: Arn Anderson & Ric Flair vs Doom (c)

Pretty good stuff, didn't feel like it lasted 18 minutes at all (Turner probably edited it :side:), but this was fun to watch and Doom looked great going up against these two. Double Count out finish kinda' came out of nowhere, and I really don't see the point. I guess they didn't want Flair or Anderson losing, and they wanted to keep the belts on Doom.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WCW Halloween Havoc '90 - NWA United States Heavyweight Championship: Lex Luger (c) vs Stan Hansen

This wasn't very good at all. It was mainly just Hansen hitting one move after another without any substance until the ref bump. Weakest Lariat from Hansen ever to finish this as well, looked more like an elbow to me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WCW Halloween Havoc '90 - NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Sid Vicious vs Sting (c)

This was a decent match at best until the ridiculously stupid ending. Words cannot express how stupid that ending was, but it wasn't half as stupid as it would have been if Sid would have actually won the belt.