• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Revenge of the Prophecy: Chad Collyer v.s Matt Stryker.

Decent little match with talent that is very similar in just about everything they do. However, I'm not a Stryker fan but I am a Collyer fan because I just feel he was a better technician in the ring. This didn't go very long and almost felt like the entire thing was a feeling out process. They hit a few things to pick up the pace but then reverted back to some pin attempts and submission reversals to a finish pretty quickly. This match would have been a pretty good opener if it wasn't for one thing that Stryker did. Stryker went for a moonsault off the second rope on a laying Collyer only to miss him. It would be fine if Collyer moved out of the way but nope Styker just glides over him and ends up smacking his head into the mat. At least Collyer was smart enough to follow up with a unique pin attempt. After this the pin attempts/submissions start happening leading to the eventual finish where Collyer beat his opponent with the Texas Cloverleaf.

*3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Revenge of the Prophecy: CM Punk v.s Michael Shane.

I was expecting this to go longer but Punk was still in his early stages in ROH. Shane on the other hand had countless long matches the year before so yeah. It wasn't bad for what it was. Some nice transitions and back and forth offense. Punk fighting and getting the Shining Wizard is the most notable thing I noticed when he finally got it Shane kicked out and followed up a minute later with a Superkick that almost put away Punk. That was pretty much it because it was shortly after this that Punk rolled up Shane. It was just good solid action. It could have more crisp but for me to complain about that I would have the harp on their inexperience and knowing how good Punk has become I don't like doing that.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Revenge of the Prophecy: Divine Storm & Konnan v.s The SAT & Ghost Shadow.

This was booked as a Lucha Libre contest but the only guy from knowledge prior to this event to wrestle in Mexico was Konnan. Everybody else pretty much just wrestled in the North East. So this was just a clusterfuck of talent trying to show off their stuff pretty much. Konnan was decent for what he did which was just wrestle his style as well as he could whenever he was in the ring. Nothing too complicated. It was other folks that ruined this match. I never want to see another Chris Divine and Ghost Shadow exchange ever again. They had an arm drag duel or something where all they did was fall on each other because neither knew what the fuck the other was doing. After this horrible exchange Quiet Storm comes in with one of the Maximos and hits an unique arm drag cleanly so I couldn't help but start laughing. Quiet Storm was easily my favorite in this match and he always looked good in the ring to me. He may be small but if you don't take that little guy seriously you'll end you in a bad position to say the least. So yeah this match broke down at one point with dives and what the announcers were calling lucha moves in the ring. It just looked looked like awkward sloppiness to me. Later in the match Konnan gets tagged in hits a Powerbomb and shortly afterward makes someone tap to the Tequila Sunrise. Nothing special but if you like spotfests you may enjoy this.

*1/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Revenge of the Prophecy: Weapons Match- Carnage Crew v.s Da Hit Squad.

This was just labelled as a weapons match, I guess. They need some sort of stipulation for these two teams. Now over the last year of ROH these two teams really go good at putting on these hardcore bouts. They usually are overlooked but it breaks up the show nicely. It was a nice brutal from the start. Lots of bloodshed. It was enjoyable for the time being and maybe could have lasted a little longer by Da Hit Squad ended it with a Powerbomb through a table from the top rope on to the guy's own partner. Da Hit Squad took their sweet time coming to the ring to bring a ladder into play which Mafia tried to use later but as he went to jump off the entire thing came out from under him and he missed his opponent. It looked awful and Mafia is the smaller man of his team so it could have been worse. That is all I really wanted to mention. This wasn't a classic but a fun brawl to show another side of ROH.

**1/2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Raw 1/26/04 - 3-on-2 Handicap Match: Batista, Randy Orton, & Ric Flair vs Chris Jericho & Rob Van Dam

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Way Out 2012 - World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler

The crowd immediately breaks into a "Let's go Ziggler! Let's go Ziggler! Let's go Ziggler" chant. The bell rings, and Vickie Guerrero climbs up onto the ring apron to give Ziggler a good luck kiss. Ziggler turns around and just barely manages to evade a Brogue kick from Sheamus. Shades of WrestleMania XXVIII! Sheamus catches Ziggler in a standing side head lock, but Ziggler shoves him to the ropes to break the hold. Sheamus rebounds and drops Ziggler with a shoulder block before going right back to the standing side head lock. Ziggler breaks the hold and catches Sheamus with a drop kick before locking in a front chancery. Sheamus breaks the hold, but Ziggler slides behind him and locks in the sleeper hold. Sheamus backs into the corner so that Ziggler is sitting on the top rope before breaking the hold and shoving Ziggler off the ropes and down to the arena floor. Sheamus heads out of the ring to slide Ziggler back into the ring and then follows up with his patented slingshot battering ram. Ziggler heads out to the ring apron, but Sheamus follows him. They end up on opposite sides of the ring post, and Ziggler pulls Sheamus' arm between the ropes to drive his shoulder into the post. Ziggler rolls Sheamus back into the ring and catches Sheamus with a leaping DDT for a two count. Sheamus gets back to his feet and connects with a volley of right hands, but Ziggler lands a knee to the gut that drops Sheamus. Ziggler locks in a seated abdominal stretch and transitions to his headstand chin lock on the mat. What a showoff. Ziggler goes back to the chin lock, but Sheamus fights back to his feet and breaks the hold with a series of punches to the gut. Sheamus goes for the rolling senton, but Ziggler counters into another DDT for a long two count. Ziggler hits Sheamus with a drop kick, but Sheamus kicks out at one. Ziggler locks in a modified chin lock / body scissors, but Sheamus fights back to his feet and breaks the hold. Sheamus goes for a swinging neckbreaker, but Ziggler shoves him to the corner and rolls him up for another two count. Ziggler had his hand on the ropes there, but the referee caught him. Ziggler goes back to the modified chin lock / body scissors, but Sheamus fights out and drops Ziggler with a double ax handle. Ziggler heads up top, but Sheamus (mostly) catches him in mid-air. Ziggler tries to counter, but Sheamus goes for White Noise, but Ziggler sneaks out the back. Ziggler catches Sheamus with the Zig-Zag for a LONG two count. "Let's go Ziggler! Let's go Ziggler! Let's go Ziggler!" Ziggler traps Sheamus in the corner, but Sheamus kicks him away and skins the cat up top. Ziggler leaps up to the top turnbuckle and hits Sheamus with a TOP ROPE SIT-OUT FACEBUSTER FOR A LOOOOOONG TWO COUNT. The crowd is molten for Ziggler right now, but Ziggler appears to have injured his knee coming off the top. Ziggler goes for the Zig-Zag again, but Sheamus counters into the Irish Curse backbreaker. Sheamus drapes Ziggler across the top rope and beats on his chest. Ziggler catches Sheamus with a boot the gut and goes for the sleeper hold, but Sheamus counters into White Noise. Sheamus hits Ziggler with the Brogue Kick and gets the three count. ***1/4 Kinda odd that this match was the one that opened up the PPV, but I think it was a great way to start it all. This was a good match. I felt the flow went together rather well and both guys had a chance to show what they can do (Minus the 3/4 botches this was the usual good stuff between the two)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Raw 1/26/04 - Jazz & Molly Holly vs Lita & Victoria

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Way Out 2012 - Intercontinental Championship: Christian vs Cody Rhodes

Christian and Rhodes circle each other to start before locking each other up in a collar-and-elbow tie-up. Rhodes shoves Christian, but Christian drops Rhodes with a bitch slap. Rhodes tries to suplex Christian over the top rope, but Christian slides between his legs and pulls him off the ring apron. Rhodes reciprocates by pulling Christian off the ring apron, causing Christian's head to slam into the ring apron. Rhodes rolls Christian back into the ring, but Christian traps him in the corner. Christian slides out of the ring, grabs Rhodes' legs, and tried to crotch him on the ring post, but Rhodes pulls his legs toward him to slam Christian's shoulder into the post. Back in the ring, Rhodes hits a modified arm drag takedown and locks in a key lock on the injured arm. Rhodes takes Christian up top, but Christian tries to counter into a swinging DDT, but Rhodes shoves him backwards off the top, causing Christian's injured shoulder to slam into the ring apron. Rhodes heads out of the ring and tries to slam Christian's shoulder into the ring steps, but Christian counters and whips Rhodes into the ring steps. Christian leaps off the ring steps and catches Rhodes with a gorgeous flying swinging DDT. Both men are down, but they beat the referee's ten count back into the ring. Christian heads up top and hits a flying missile drop kick for a two count. Christian heads up top and connects with a flying cross body, but Rhodes rolls through for a two count. Christian again heads up top, but Rhodes pulls him off the ropes, causing Christian to slam face-first into the mat. Rhodes heads up top, but Christian follows him and hits a top rope hurricanrana for a two count. Rhodes goes back to work on Christian's injured shoulder, but Christian goes for the Kill Switch, but Rhodes counters into the Alabama Slamma for a two count. Christian goes for a the Spear, but Rhodes slides out of the ring to avoid contact. Back in the ring, Christian hits a victory roll out of the corner, but Rhodes reverses into a roll-up for a two count. Christian hits the Kill Switch but only gets a two count. Christian heads up top and goes for the Frog Splash, but Rhodes gets his knees up. Rhodes goes for the Disaster Kick, but Christian ducks. Christian goes for the Kill Switch, but Rhodes counters into the Disaster Kick but Christian ducks and hits the Spear for the three count. ***1/4 - ***1/2 This was a pretty good match. Both Cody and Christian got to shine during this match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Raw 1/26/04 - Bubba Ray Dudley vs Kane

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Way Out 2012 - Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship: CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan vs Kane

AJ doesn't come out with any of the three competitors. Kane slugs Punk to start. Bryan goes to work with kicks to Kane's legs. Kane goes for a double choke slam to Punk and Bryan, but Punk and Bryan counter into double team kicks and a double team low drop kick. Bryan goes for the cover, but Punk pulls him off. Punk and Bryan trade punches and elbows in the middle of the ring, but Punk back body drops Bryan over the top rope. Punk hits the ropes for a suicide dive to Bryan, but Kane catches Punk with a Big Boot for a two count. Bryan tosses Kane out of the ring and flies over the top rope onto him. Punk heads up top and flies onto both men on the outside. Punk rolls Bryan back into the ring and gets a two count. Bryan goes for a running high knee off the apron to Kane, but Kane catches him with a big punch to the gut in mid-air. Kane pulls Punk out of the ring and slams him back-first into the ring post. Kane wraps Punk around the ring post and pulls his ribs right into the post. Kane pulls Punk into the middle of the ring and hits a low drop kick for a two count. Kane whips Punk to the corner and charges at him, but Punk gets his boot up. Bryan appears from out of nowhere and lands a kick to Punk in the corner. Bryan charges Kane, but Kane catches him with a swinging side slam for a two count. Bryan kicks Kane in the face, and Bryan turns his attention to Punk. Bryan hits Punk with a snap suplex and heads up top. Punk catches Bryan with a shot to the face and follows him up top. Punk goes for a superplex, but Kane pulls Punk down and goes for a superplex himself. Punk pulls Kane down and heads up top, but Kane pulls Punk down and heads up top, but Punk pulls Kane down once again. Bryan finally connects with a flying drop kick to both Punk and Kane. He lights up both Punk and Kane with kicks to the chest. Bryan damn near decapitates Kane with a kick to the skull and tries to do the same to Punk, but Punk ducks and rolls him up for a two count. Punk hits the running high knee to Bryan in one corner and does the same to Kane in the opposite corner. Punk heads up top, but Bryan gets back to his feet and follows Punk up top. Bryan goes for a superplex, but Kane gets Bryan on his shoulders and sets him up for the Doomsday Device from Punk for a two count. Punk scoop slams Bryan and hits the Macho Man Elbow Drop for a two count. Punk goes for the Go To Sleep on Bryan, but Kane hits Punk with a Big Boot for a two count. Kane slams Punk into the corner, whips him to the opposite corner, and connects with a clothesline. Kane back body drops Punk over the top rope, but Punk lands on the apron and regains control with a kick to Kane's skull over the top rope. Punk misses the Macho Man Elbow Drop to Kane, but Bryan heads up top and connects with the Benoit Flying Head Butt to Punk for a two count. Bryan knocks Kane off the ring apron, and Kane slams into the guard rail. Bryan turns his attention back to Punk, but Punk rolls him up for a two count. Bryan regains control and locks Punk in the Yes Lock, but Punk rolls him backwards to force him to break the hold. Punk hits the Go To Sleep, but Kane pulls Bryan out of the ring. Kane heads up top and levels Punk with a top rope clothesline. Kane sets up for a choke slam on Punk, but Punk counters into a DDT for a two count. Punk heads up top, and this time he connects with the Macho Man Elbow Drop to Kane. Punk goes for the Go To Sleep on Kane, but he can't lift him. Kane choke slams Punk, but Punk miraculously kicks out at two. Kane is irate that he didn't get the three count after the choke slam. Kane goes for the Tombstone Piledriver on Punk, but Punk slides out the back. Punk shoves Kane to the ropes, but what he didn't see is that AJ had made her way down to the ring and climbed up onto the ring apron. Kane accidentally knocks AJ off the ring apron, and his concern for her momentarily distracts him. When Kane finally turns around, Punk hits him with the Go To Sleep for the three count. After the match, Kane immediately heads out of the ring to check on AJ. He is clearly concerned about her, and he gently picks her up and begins to carry her to the back. As he's heading up the ramp, AJ looks over Kane's shoulder and makes googly eyes at CM Punk. ***1/2 it appears that AJ was playing Kane this entire time…..or was she? I think it was best for Kane to take the defeat. I always figured Kane was just thrown into this rivalry to buy the Punk/Bryan/AJ deal more time. Nothing is resolved between Punk and Bryan, so we will probably get to see a rematch at Money in the Bank. I think it could be interesting. Not only do you get good wrestling quality with Punk and Bryan, but you also get an interesting storyline. I guess we will find out as this continues.