Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
The main event of MITB 2016 - Seth vs Roman with Dean's cash-in at the end. TBH this match was better than I remembered it to be, Roman was a BEAST. He was acting heelish and awesome, and almost made Seth look sympathetic.

JackieBoy23

Reaction score
Unforgiven 2000 - Steel Cage Match - Edge & Christian vs Hardy Boys.

Often forgotten compared to their great masterpieces such as ladder match and tlc, but a great essay on psychology and storytelling, showing how much these two tag teams were capable of not only being suitable for spotfests, but of telling a story in the ring very well and pay homage to a difficult stipulation such as the steel cage match.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Not much of a match but always good seeing two old school beasts. Plus Michael Hayes as play-by-play man is different for WCW. This had to be one of JR's last appearances too. *1/2

Reactions: Chris

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
A friend sent me this one yesterday and asked if I thought if Andre turned the match into a shoot. I'm inclined to think no but the fact that this was the only time warrior was ever pinned clean speaks volumes. Also, if anyone on that 1989 roster was able to shoot without repurcussions, it definitely would have been Andre. Enjoy

Reactions: Keith and Chris

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Just watched HIAC 2015. Not a bad PPV, the Taker match was aight. ADR coming back was cool. The Bray Reigns match was aight. I like that they switched the cell color to red. Just gives it a bit more edge.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Taker/Brock was awesome. That’s the last great Taker match IMO

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Taker/Brock was awesome. That’s the last great Taker match IMO

You’re probably right. He looked good on the ring there for sure.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The 2015 Taker/Brock series made up for the Mania match that was pretty shitty (dude to Taker's concussion mostly) and THEN SOME :mark: My expectations were not super high for them obviously but holy fuck Taker literally gave everything he had left for them

Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
That Summerslam match was amazing too(not a huge fan of the finish) but Taker and Brock showed their ass in this match. Give it up for old man Taker taking a bump on the exposed wood underneath the mat :proud

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

An iconic title change. The two told a good story in just seven minutes. There were some nice spots and good crowd heat. The finish was great too. Vince saying Honky doesn't deserve a title shot added to the shock finish. ***

Reactions: Hoss

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Poor Terry Taylor. He's over shadowed his whole career and they stick him in there with one of the hottest heels in the biz in a heel vs. heel match :lmao Basic TV match. **

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

For @Crippler. Insane this was the main event one month before SummerSlam in Benoit's first year.

Shane and the DQ stipulation just heightened it all.

Reactions: Hoss and Chris

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
NWA Bunkhouse Stampede (1988) - $500,000 Bunkhouse Stampede Match: Arn Anderson vs The Barbarian vs Dusty Rhodes vs Ivan Koloff vs Lex Luger vs Road Warrior Animal vs Tully Blanchard vs The Warlord

So apparently the only way to be eliminated from this match is to be thrown over the top of the fucking steel cage :lmao Everyone's wearing street clothes for this including ARN in a crop top :lmao this just keeps getting better. Probably not much to talk about here since everyone is gonna be brawling for awhile. Oh wait apparently you can be thrown through the door too. Koloff, The Barbarian, and Dusty end up on the ropes, and Barbarian almost eliminates Dusty, but he holds on and crotches Barbarian on the ropes with help from Animal. Ivan Koloff is busted open, I'm sure everyone will be before this one is over. The crowd is popping huge anytime Dusty or Animal gets a move on anyone, especially Tully or Arn. Koloff is taking a fucking beating in this match. Arn's bleeding now as well from Dusty and the cage, but man that crop top though. Dusty starts going crazy with his belt and this crowd is hot. Bob Caudle just compared this match to a gang war :lmao Jesus, Koloff just cut up Dusty's arm with a fucking belt buckle. Dusty's arm is fucked. Animal eliminates Koloff first by throwing him over the cage after Koloff climbed it for some odd reason. Animal and The Warlord get eliminated at the same time through the door after match Barbarian kicked Animal out of the door while he was trying to eliminate Warlord. Luger gets Tully in the Torture Rack for a little while, and I'm disappointed that they crowd didn't pop for it like I'm used to them doing. Tully and Arm double team Luger by the door for a bit, but Luger is holding them off. All three guys end up out, so that just leaves The Barbarian and Dusty in, wonder who's winning this one :hm: Barbarian keeps doing top rope headbutts on Dusty, and no matter how hurt he is these don't seem smart in this type of match. Barbarian goes for the elimination, but Dusty fights him off, and they end up on the top rope. Barbarian is straddling the cage, and Dusty measures his Bionic Elbow for like 5 minutes while Barbie stares at him to win by knocking him off. Pretty good action throughout this one, but Dusty is getting pretty meh by now. You know if we take this "prize" literally Dusty just booked himself to win half a million dollars 8D

This was a TNA type match for me. The concept of putting yourself in the position to climb on top off the cage to possibly be eliminated is such a weird one. Even the Bunkhouse Stampede match in New York cracks me up, but with all the talent in there Dusty has to win this lmao. Barbarian climbing to the top at the end cracked me up, so ridiculous. I'm willing to suspend reality, but shit like this is just too much for me. I guess at the time I'd be all about this as a kid though. Then you just realize this type of match is simply just punching and kicking with the rare move.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This was a TNA type match for me. The concept of putting yourself in the position to climb on top off the cage to possibly be eliminated is such a weird one. Even the Bunkhouse Stampede match in New York cracks me up, but with all the talent in there Dusty has to win this lmao. Barbarian climbing to the top at the end cracked me up, so ridiculous. I'm willing to suspend reality, but shit like this is just too much for me. I guess at the time I'd be all about this as a kid though. Then you just realize this type of match is simply just punching and kicking with the rare move.

It was entertaining enough all things considered but man that shit was just funny af to watch :lol

Also completely forgot I'd reviewed it in the past :WOW I'd recommend the Hawk/Flair match from the card a ton just from it being shockingly good for a Hawk singles match. Flair da GOAT.

Reactions: Necro

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I didn't even realize I was in the wrong thread this whole time lmao.

I'm currently watching the 1995 Royal Rumble Match.