• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

Chris

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
U.S. Title match Lex Luger (c) VS. Mean Mark (W/Paul E. Dangerously) **1/2
A better match than you would expect.
If I rated matches I feel like I'd have this one a bit higher tbh but maybe that's just cause I wasn't expecting anything at all and it was really solid

Keith

Aug 6, 2010
If I rated matches I feel like I'd have this one a bit higher tbh but maybe that's just cause I wasn't expecting anything at all and it was really solid
To be fair I could have gone up to 3 stars, but it was a little sloppy at times and was short. But it was solid. Luger's match with Dan Spivey from 91 was even more of a surprise.

Reactions: Chris

Keith

Aug 6, 2010
NWA Tag Title match Doom (W/Teddy Long) VS. The Rock 'N' Roll Express Great American Bash 1990 ***1/2
The perfect example of a classic big team vs. small team match. Morton's selling and comebacks are something special. I love the contrast in style, the pacing of the match and how the crowd are drawn into the action and peak at just the right time. Exciting action bell to bell.

Keith

Aug 6, 2010
NWA Title match Ric Flair (c) VS. Sting Great American Bash 1990 ****
A proper big match main event. A compelling and emotional end to a classic slow burn storyline. Great drama, and psychological. The crowd heat was awesome and JR did a great job calling it. Sting ended up looking like a million bucks, at the same time the greatest champion in history was protected. Its to their credit that this probably isn't their best match.

Keith

Aug 6, 2010

Eddie's WCW debut. He looks pretty good. The match itself is alright, with some rough patches. Strange finish. **1/2