Last Video Game Played

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Finished Silent Hill last night. Feels good to finally make it to the end, I'm pretty sure I could never do it as a kid. Was just too hard. I won't lie I pulled out a guide a couple of times, like if I hadn't made progress in about 30 minutes and I was totally stuck, just helped to know where to go next. I only did that for like two parts, other than that it was pretty smooth sailing and I just used my map a lot to figure out where I was supposed to be going.

I never did find the rifle, and it turns out I missed it in the mall section. I kept getting ammo for it. It made the later stages of the game pretty tough as it could have come in handy for the last boss. I'm not surprised I got the bad ending in a SH game, and I think that's pretty common. I missed something you need, as I had to fight Cybill too at the amusement park (which was a bitch, I died a few times).

All in all, a good game. Has definitely aged, but looked pretty good upscaled. Certainly better than it would have looked back in the day, which was super pixelated on the native resolution.

ImW2P5b.png

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
268297-alone-in-the-dark-the-new-nightmare-playstation-front-cover.png

I've got vague memories of playing the PS2 version of this and just not progressing for hours. Played it when I was far too young. :lol The puzzles aren't easy.

Enjoying it quite a bit so far. The atmosphere is great, and I really enjoy the vibe of these late 90's/early 2000's survival horror titles.

I was honestly never a big fan of the original Alone in the Dark. I don't think it's aged too well, but I can appreciate the influence it had on other games later on. Probably one of those games you had to play back then, because it was frustrating when I last tried it. Much prefer playing this reboot, even if it's flawed in some aspects as well. I don't remember the 2008 one being too good though. I think I played that on 360 and dropped it pretty quickly.

Reactions: Crash and Y2Jayne

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
And it's a French game :jericho

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Immortals Fenyx Rising on PS4

I finished it on Xbox a few weeks ago and decided to finish it on PS4 after starting and not playing thru when it released. Going for the platinum.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png

My first time playing this but I've heard really good things over the years. So far I'm really enjoying it. Survival horror elements mixed in with some RPG.

So ticks a lot of boxes. Game has aged pretty nicely, too. I really am digging the art style in this one.

Going to try the second after as well, as I've heard that is considered even better by some fans of the series. Also TIL Bring Me The Horizon has a song named after this. Pretty dope!

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Fear_Effect.jpg

This has turned out to be an underrated little gem. Must admit I was not very familiar with the Fear Effect series growing up or knew what it was about.

Visuals look great, and game feels good to play. Seems pretty tough so far though, might take me a while to get through this one.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Where do you even get those oldies @The Fourth Wall ? Are they on the PS store?

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Is there a significant graphical difference?
If your TV allows ray tracing it does look better but it's not a huge difference. The game already was gorgeous before. There are no loading times too.

Last edited:

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Same as above

rersident-evil-3-jaquette-5de669043d152.jpg

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Man the island section on RE4 is rough. I already struggled on Normal mode, but Professional is a whole new beast. Definitely going to take me a while to get through this section but just trying to pace myself and conserve ammo as best as I can.

The regenerators still creep me out. They are not really that hard when you get the thermal scope to shoot the parasites but it's just the breathing that gets me. They are definitely some of the coolest designs in the whole game.

Reactions: Y2Jayne