Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
Raw was wicked this week, Some of the Match length was bit dodgy but overall it was a great show. Didn't see Punk winning title happening tho but it was great. The wwe is so unpridictable at the moment its such a good thing to watch. wicked Raw :)

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
I liked it when Cody Rhodes said "When you're this talented, you don't pay dues." That's so true. There was something about him. I didn't even catch him saying he was Dusty Rhodes' kid until the replay show.

Batista baby...damn you looked good! But it would be nice if Batista and HHH were on RAW together.

Hometown Kid

Cody seriously needs a more impressive finisher. It wouldn't take much to turn that snap DDT into a spike DDT, or something.

That's what I was thinking...I think maybe he can do a top rope version like Orton's or something...I also think him and Ted need new entrance music...that "I'm priceless" stuff only fit Ted's catchphrase and neither of their characters...IMO

MikeRaw

Another AWESOME Raw. Not as good asd last week, but thats to be expected. Still one of the best this year, if not the second best.

Match quality was very good this week for a weekly show!
You had the Kingston/Haas one which was a good 10 minute match.
Then you also had the punk/snitsky which wasnt all that good, but Punk was great in it, and it got him over.
The womens match was great! 10 minutes or more, and all 4 women competed. Kelly has improved a ton, and it was a very good match.
And for a very good opening match, you had Santino and Rey. Both guys had good offense, and Rey won.
And of course the main event! This was crazy! Action everywhere, and I had no clue who would win. Match of the night, and a very good one.

Solid matches all down the card.

The entertainment was there too.
The opening promo was actually good. It went a while, but the beggining was very good with Punk.Vickie. It showed off Punk's mic skills, and he was amazingly over! Then Cena and JBl and Punk had a good promo too, and the rest was ok. Good promo though.
Punk had another good interview.
Lol at the guy running through Batiustas segemtn though.
Anyways, ya, good enterainment, and it was topped off with a solid, personal Y2J/HBK promo.
And the best part... CTC kickin ass! That was a great promo. It build up Cena/JBL, for a good feud, and kept the CTC going. Not to mention they kicked the shit outta JBL's car.

Good raw, and the ending was unpredictable. It had everything. match quality, promos, and a bit of that unpredictability too. Like Kane's heel turn. Thumbs up to WWE:)

Wordlife

^yeah I liked the Cena/Cryme Tyme part, it was funny... I like when Cena said hit above the JBL sign, and Chad missed lol, but yeah and the ending was gay and confusing, Kane turning heel is kind of stupid, but a cool move though. I still hope Batista turns heel and beats CM Punk at the GAB and then Cena wins the title off of him. I think the Y2J/HBK feud (though is getting old already) kinda got pumped up tonight. Also Mikeraw, that was a good review btw

PS: LMAO ALSO TO THE GUY RUNNING IN FRONT OF BATISTA LMAO

chessarmy

Meh, a decent show this week. At least we got to see some actual wrestling this week, and a cool little storyline developing for Kane. The womens match was okay, it got a little boring though. Kofi vs Charlie Haas was a solid match. Kofi is really getting over with the fans which is great. The main event was another solid match, I had no idea who would win so it was unpredictable. Batista getting the win was fine, but I'm kind of tired of babyface vs babyface World Title matches. Hopefully Tista turns heel before GAB, it will add much more interest into the World Title match instead of it being just another match. The angle with Kane after the match was pretty cool, I loved how the fans cheered for Kane when he was about to beat up Cole and then they booed when King made the save lol. I'm thinking this is a tease for Taker's return, or maybe it was just a way to turn Kane heel. Either way, it was a great thing. Kane was getting stale as hell before this turn, and also..RAW needs more heels so this was a very smart idea. I'm looking forward to seeing what this is all about next week.

Also, lots of botches tonight. Lillian's "Great American Pash", the light falling in the CM Punk interview (although I kinda think that was a work...not sure though) and the guy who ran in during the Batista thing. Live TV owns all lol.

Overall, a decent show. Looking forward to next week

Reaction score
I'm instantly liking Raw way more in recent weeks simply because the majority of the focus is off the same old guys. Opening segment was very good. I like JBL in title contention along with Cena and Batista. The Jericho/HBK feud keeps getting better and is probably the best thing going on Raw (other than Punk winning the title). Glad Kofi is getting some more time to get over. Overall, lots of good stuff this week, and good to see the needed change in the talent of the brand.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Pretty good show this week. Loved the Cena/Cryme Thyme slot was wicked. Also The Y2J/HBK feud got a much needed injection booster to build it back up. I was kinda forgetting about that with everything else that being going on lately so I'm glad that happened bit more fuel on the fire b4 they go at again. Kofi had a pretty solid match and seems to be getting over more each week.

The main event. I thought this was a good solid match and wasn't sure which way it was going to go first i thought Cena then I thought Tista then i didn't know. Not bothered that Tista won but i hope he doesn't take the strap of Punk at the bash i would like to see a bit of a longer reign see if he can cut it holding the belt. As for Kane Glad he turning heel it been way to long coming he has been stale for far too long IMO. As for this maybe being a sign that Taker is coming back I'm not sure it seems way to obvious for my liking and with the way WWE has been so unpredictable lately i think that maybe they want it to look that way. I got a feeling its to do with Vinny mac maybe the whole is he dead thing is about Vince just hunch, no doubt IL be proved wrong. Anyway good show 7/10

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I think Raw has been really good for maybe the last month. Things are becoming more unpredictable, better feuds, and theirs twists and turns. I don't know if Raw got a new writer, but who ever is writing the shows is doing a real good job.

Reaction score
Raw has been good because of unpredictability.

It's also good because....of.....CM PUNK!! XD He's the greatest world heavyweight champion! XD

Hardcastle

Reaction score
I may be alone, but I really think the Cena/limo thing was not funny at all, well at least for the kids who watched the show. No offense, but the humor is usually better, to me the angle didn't work at all.
The Kane thing was the best part of the show IMO, it's the beginning of a long term thing, and it's hard to predict what's gonna happen. ( Vince?Taker?Kane himself? a new character ? )
I didn't the Kelly Kelly debut. There had a draft not so long ago, and they can't find a good reason to justify her arrival, and they make fun of it ? that's not really serious.
The other good thing was CM Punk push. He was used well, even if the crows was dead during his match, but hey, it was snitsky lol. Good job with that. I hope he retains at the Bash

MC Rae

Reaction score
RAW was okay, but I agreew it the poster above, I didn't really like the Cena and Cryme Tyme spray painting bit... I don't know, it felt childish. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Cena and Cryme Tyme as a stable type thing but I didn't like it this week. I can't remember what Cena wrote, but it was something like 'JBL is poopy' and it made me cringe.

The Shawn Michaels/Jericho feud continues to be my favourite thing in WWE right now.

I'm not really sure about Batista getting the shot at the Bash. If Batista stays face and it is a face vs. face title match, Batista will inevitabley be the one most cheered from the fans and that's going to hurt Punk getting over... I'm interested to see how they work this one tbh.

Oh and that light falling in on Punk in his promo thing, it's gotta be a work! it must be the same person who tried to kill Vince McMahon! We didn't see anyone pushing anything right? It must be a ghost or... a phantom! The phantom of the iMPACT! zone comes to WWE!