King of the Ring... Coming back?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

I have a bad feeling we may see a KING BIG DADDY V (anyone remember last time this happened when he was KING MABEL) :sick:

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
^^ Big Daddy V is out of action due to health issues so him winning is unlikely...

411mania.com is saying the 8 superstars that are featured on that King of the Ring graphic on www.wwe.com are the ones that will most likely be in the tournament next week. And if that is the case, then I see CM Punk winning the whole thing because everyone else (aside from Umaga) is already in a feud/storyline at the moment.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
The eight is.....
Punk
HHH
HBK
MVP
Y2J
Show
Batista
Umaga

God, I hope Has Been Kid, HHH, Botchtista, CM The Punk or Most Overrated Player do not get it, Thats some weak participants, but I'm hoping Y2J or Umaga get it. They're much better then the other idiots.....except Show, he'd be cool to win it too.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Now we can place bets on which superstar they will destroy with the King gimmick again. King Layfield? King Jericho? King Umaga? King Undertaker?

I really hope the winner doesent get the king gimmick. Once booker became king booker his career started spiraling down even though he had the title for a bit.

You people are on crack. King Booker was awesome.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Kroink, stop fucking bashing WWE in every thread, Seriously get a damn life already.

Chris Jericho (Intercontinental Champion)
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
The Big Show
Montel Vontavious Porter (United States Champion)
CM Punk (Mr. Money in the Bank)
Batista
Umaga

That's a solid list of participants for this tournament, and if you don't think so I suggest you go do some research on past King of the Ring tournaments and see the wrestlers involved in them...I'd go as far and say if this is the 8 that will be in, then this is the best KOTR as far as talent/name value goes ever!

And Monkey is right, King Bookah was the shit

Evil Austin

I so see the finals being any of these

Punk / HHH
HHH / HBK
Jericho / HBK
Jericho / Show
Show / HHH
HBK / Show
Punk / Show

All the rest don't matter ......

Those would be sweeeeetttt :nice:

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Osama, I'm not bashing WWE, I'm simply giving my thoughts and opinions. Is that illegal these days? Y2J should win it between the eight, but I know he won't. It'll be between CM The Punk, HHHitler, Has Been Kid, or Botchtista of course.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Calling people idiots in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread makes you look stupid. There's nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, but you're consistent and blatant bashing of the WWE is stupid and ruins the flow of most threads.

Anyway, I'd like a mid carder to win this. Guys like HHH, HBK, etc. don't really need to win this especially considering they are already in feuds.

Edit: If you actually read the article about the KOTR it lists Kennedy and Finlay as possible winners. So that picture probably is not the actual participants. I'm guessing the list will be released sometime this week.

Adampro123

Reaction score
Out of those guys i would want punk to still win it. but sadly i see triple h winning it to help promote his king of kings DVD beings he is the "king of kings"

i see matt hardy screwing MVP.
Kahli Screwing show.
probably HBK and batista screwing each other.

possibly winners IMO are punk, Umaga, Triple h, and jericho.

Airfixx

Great news... I'm a b-i-g fan of 1 night tournaments!

One thing tho'....

Chris Jericho (Intercontinental Champion)
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
The Big Show
Montel Vontavious Porter (United States Champion)
CM Punk (Mr. Money in the Bank)
Batista
Umaga

If that's the 8 men, I can't see them using this to build a mid-carder. Screams world title shot for the next PPV to me.

I hope I'm wrong though.... Punk's already got MITB and if they use this tourney to elevate MVP we'd have seen 2 excellent stars go 'next level' in under a month and if this does happen, I'd feel inclined to conclude that what with these two (or more) additions to the ME, the apparent push to rebuild the tag division, the US title about to spring into life courtesy of the long awaited Matt & MVP match and the IC belt in good hands (Jericho), 2008 could be a fuckin' awesome year (especially when considering SSlam onwards)!

Montana

Hmm this is tough, heres my top 3 to win

1) MVP ..... Idk, the king gimmick could work with him.

2) Umaga King Umaga...that would be....different. They dont seem to have any plans right now, but he has looked impressive lately in the ring.

3) HHH .....King of Kings

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
1) MVP ..... Idk, the king gimmick could work with him.

I love MVP and I think he’s great but I don’t really see that working to well because, most likely he’s going to drop the United States Championship to Matt at Backlash. So if you had him win the KOTR and then lose (cleanly) to Matt 6 days later that would, in my opinion kill all the momentum that he just built.

I believe Punk will win the whole thing so people can really start to buy into him as a legit ‘star’ and it wouldn’t be to far fetched to see him cash the Money in the Bank contract in and win a World Championship…(plus it’s a great way to get him off the hell hole known as ECW).

HHHforever

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys didn't read my post or were just ignoring it, but THAT IS NOT THE LIST!!!! If you read the article it mentions that Kennedy and Finlay could be the winners. So again no list is official yet and that is not the list. I'll be shocked if any Main Eventers are in, especially guys like HHH and HBK, especially since it's only a one night tournament it wouldn't make to much sense to me.