King of the Ring... Coming back?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=30432&p=1

Sources have informed me that the word going around backstage at Raw in London today is that next week's Raw, which is a three-hour event, will be built around a one-night "King Of The Ring" tournament. From what I've been told, the belief is that the whole tournament will be held over the course of the show next week, with all tournament matches being held that night. I have not gotten this confirmed, but I believe it will be an eight-man tournament.

I hope this really happens

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
They should hold the finals at Backlash but that's if it's true...and what does the winner get, a World title shot?

Wrestling Station

it should be back coz they had a reason for not continuing the event before (Booker T King Booker gimmick) but as he is not in WWE anymore, this should be back now.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Its a good idea but hopefully whoever wins doesent get the same gimmick king booker had lol.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Come on people, only one man should win this...and that man is.....

KIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG KENNNNNNNNEDDDDDDDYYYYY....

KENNNNNNEDDDYYY!!!

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm a fan of one night tournaments, I really hope this can be done on the 3 hour show, which should PPV quality. I'm thinking it'll be

HHH
Cena
Kennedy
Big Show
Y2J
Carlito
Santino
Umaga

HHHforever

Reaction score
I have no idea how exactly they are going to do it or who is going to be in it, but it's going to be sweet. I think tournaments are sweet so that'd be great if they brought it back.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Come on people, only one man should win this...and that man is.....

KIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG KENNNNNNNNEDDDDDDDYYYYY....

KENNNNNNEDDDYYY!!!

That would be great but he hasent been on raw since wrestlemania. Hopefully he comes back for this tournament.

Soulpower

CM Punk should win this! Let him get some wins and make him look like a star.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
CM Punk should win this! Let him get some wins and make him look like a star.

That would make no sense why give him money in the back and king of the ring. It would be a waste for him to have both.

CenaMark54

Santino should win. He would be the best person for a king of the ring gimmick if they are going to make it a comedy gimmick again.

If it is going to seriously push a midcarder(which I doubt it will because of the fact that it is on free TV) it should be Kennedy.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Santino should win. He would be the best person for a king of the ring gimmick if they are going to make it a comedy gimmick again.

If it is going to seriously push a midcarder(which I doubt it will because of the fact that it is on free TV) it should be Kennedy.

I dont think santino will ever be more than a jobber. He is probably the most entertaining jobber ever lol. Stealing the kings sandwich was hilarious.

Soulpower

Despite Punk winning MITB, he hasn't looked all that impressive. It makes Punk look legit if he goes to the A show and wins a couple of matches on the same night.

And Cenamark, judging from the spoilers, I doubt that Santino will win KoTR.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
The list of people who I think should be in are as followed....

1.) Chris Jericho
2.) Mr. Kennedy (that's if he's back from filming that movie)
3.) Umaga
4.) Big Show
5.) Santino
6.) Carlito
7.) Hardcore Holly
8.) Cody Rhodes

First-Round match-ups...

- Mr. Kennedy vs. The Big Show
Winner: Kennedy (Khali comes out and kill Show thus letting Ken win the match)

- Chris Jericho vs. Carlito
Winner: Jericho

- Umaga vs. Santino
Winner: Umaga

- BobCore Holly vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner: BobCore

Semi-Finals match-ups...

- Chris Jericho vs. BobCore Holly
Winner: Jericho

- Mr. Kennedy vs. Umaga
Winner: Kennedy

Finals...

- Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Jericho
Winner: And the new King of the Ring Mr. Kennedy....Kennedy! (Well that's how I would book it.)