King of The Ring 2020

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I love a good underdog story, sorry Blaze I'm on the Smark bandwagon here.

It's fine, I mean shit. :krillin2 everyone always gotta hate on the Champ. That's wrestling 101. Gives me more of a reason to win.

• Haha
Reactions: Carter and Chris

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Mostly because in a day he be the most successful King of The Ring winner since King Booker and he do it in one day being the champion granted if he loses it he would def "billy" it.

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa

tournaments.png

KOTRannounce.jpg

Hi everybody, welcome back to the Event Centre!

We have just one week to go before the WPC gets back in to full swing with it's NXT30 and WWE Summerslam Supershow and things are starting to heat up. The WPC have announced their schedule moving forwards and have raised some eyebrows with it. People are wondering what the "Special Fatal Fourway" matches are about, and have been starting to ask questions about how the challenger for the World Prediction Championship will be decided when we move away from the Champion vs The World format on which the title has been based.

Unfortunately, I have no answers to either of those questions just yet, but I have been assured by a very senior WPC official that not only have these questions already been answered internally, but that plans are in motion and there will be an announcement in the very near future which will answer any and all questions about the future of the World Prediction Championship title.

What we know for certain is that currently, that title is being held for the second time by King of the Ring semi-finalist Blaze, and that Blaze will be have his work cut out for him defending that title against every member of the WPC roster in our upcoming SuperShow.

Speaking of King of the Ring Semi-Finalists that have their work cut out for them...

Blaze-Vs-God.png

Our second King of the Ring Semi-Final will see HoHo, our number 11 ranked competitor, go one-on-one with the prodigious number 1 ranked predictor in the world, Raidokken.

HoHo could be described as the veteran in the match, having predicted at two whole events more than Raidokken, and HoHo also has a Perfect Round under his belt - but in reality those seem to be the only two advantages that HoHo has.

Since his debut Raidokken has taken the WPC by storm, putting together a string of stunning performances which culminated in him claiming the World Prediction Championship at Slammiversary on the 8th of July. A title Raidokken would hold for just 8 days before losing it to the current World Prediction Champion Blaze.... who may well be waiting for the winner of this match in the King of the Ring final itself.

For this semi-final bout Raidokken holds the advantage in correct predictions for both NXT and WWE and holds a stunning 0.75 overall PCT. Some, however, would point to the Massachusetts native's relative inexperience in the WPC as a contributor to his success and that HoHos run to the Semi-Finals of the King of the Ring could well be a turning point in his WPC career.

Whatever the outcome, you can watch all of the action play out right here on WrestlingSmarks.com - home, of the World Prediction Championship.

Remember, you can use the new WPC Hub thread to catch up with the latest World Prediction Championship news and put forwards your thoughts and suggestions on improving our competition.

Until the next time, true believers!

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Man I'm really enjoying these write ups to hype up the KOTR. I'm so ready to predict my ass off to hopefully reach the finals. Good luck Raidokken!

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Haza is who I wanna see win here

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
These write-ups are a top 5 thing ever done on this site btw @Davey Wrestling

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Im one of hoho's ho's

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Haza is my pick, go on lad do it for the geordie firm!!

Davey Wrestling

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
These write-ups are a top 5 thing ever done on this site btw @Davey Wrestling

Cheers buddy. This is just my interpretation of the type of thing wrestling should be - give the people a reason to compete (a title/tournament), talk about the people that are competing (giving something for people to invest in the competitors about) and then let the people compete....

Hopefully it's enjoyable to take part in because I'm really enjoying putting it together :)

Reactions: Chris and Carter

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
It's why I asked, after completing one one pwa ,,wf there was no point in continuing as its like once you completed a game on my PS4, I get bored, can't wait for the new game to begin, looks really good davey.

Davey Wrestling

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
All,

The title history, rankings and schedule have now all been updated.

Reactions: Doom and Chris

Davey Wrestling

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Ok guys, the latest round of matches to predict on is up (see the first post in the thread for a link) and I have a question.

The WPC has been going since Wrestlemania. It's probably pretty clear that I'm kind of expanding it as we go, adding ideas that I think will work and changing the rules as issues appear. I won't always get it right but I'll be honest if I fuck it up and listen to your opinions on what you think should be happening.

So, that said, I don't want to issue any spoilers from what I've got up my sleeve going forwards BUT I'd love to hear from you guys about any changes you think could improve what we've got going on here.

I'll also say that I'm kind of at my limit of the amount of time I can spend on this - you might have noticed I'm not posting elsewhere on the board at the minute and that's because I'm spending all my "forum" time on the WPC - SO, if we come up with something so amazing that we absolutely MUST do it I'm gonna be looking for peeps to join in the admin side of proceedings (particularly with graphics because there's stuff I'd love to do moving forwards that's just not gonna happen right now).

Anyway, I digress, please feel free to put forwards ANY ideas you've got for what you'd like to see presented in or by the WPC... let's get creative!!

Reactions: Chris

Davey Wrestling

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa

KOTRannounce.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen we are just moments away from the finale of our historic, spectacular, first ever King of the Ring tournament here on Wrestling Smarks, as well as the final (regular) Champion vs the World WPC title defense.

Before we take a look at those involved though, lets just take a moment to discuss the future of the World Prediction Championship and the announcement that did not take place this week...It turns out going back to work after what was essentially six months off kicked my ass and I didn't have the energy to make the announcement, who knew!

So instead, I'll post on Sunday about how our title challengers will be decided moving forwards.

We should also remember that the way the rankings are calculated will also change after this event. Moving from a winning percentage to a simple calculation of wins minus losses.

All of that out of the way, lets take a look at our first ever King of the Ring finalists, how they got here and how they stack up against each other using our tried and tested WPC tale of the tape.

Blaze-Vs-God.png
As with everybody involved in the WPC, singles competition for both Raidokken and God began back in July, at Impact Wrestlings Slammiversary event with the first round of the King of the Ring tournament. The number 16 seed, God, laid the foundation for what may be seen as a series of upsets in the competition by first of all sneaking past the number one seed in the tournament, @Jimmy King by just one correct prediction. On the other side of the bracket Raidokken made light work of @Petty Amore by picking up two more correct predictions to move on to round two.

Round two saw triple threat action for both of our finalist at New Japans Sengoku Lord. This time God hit a perfect round to eliminate both @Grim Cornette and the then World Prediction Champion Davey Wrestling, who had both advanced due to a tie in the first round. Raidokken, for his part, scored a tie with The EC but progressed through to the next round by eliminating The EC and Sky thanks to a superior placement in the World Prediction Rankings.

For an event as large as the King of the Ring Semi-Finals there was clearly no ppv with magnitude to contain our competitors, so we made our own. The first ever WPC SuperShow encompassed both NXT30 and WWE Summerslam and saw God take on the (then) reigning two time World Prediction Champion @Hollywood and Raidokken squaring up to @HoHo Kimura.

Yet again Raidokken fought to a tie and only squeezed past his opponent by virtue of entering the bout in a higher ranked place in the World Prediction Ranking. The CEO and Owner of Wrestling Smarks however, once again dominated a higher ranked opponent and eliminated Blaze with a total of three more wins than the champ...

Which brings us to today.

The King of the Ring final in the one company the tournament is yet to predict on. All Elite Wrestling's All Out.

Raidokken is the former World Prediction Champion and is ranked number one in the World.

God is the CEO and owner of Wrestling Smarks. He has never won the World Prediction title but has been in incredible form in this tournament. He is ranked number 12 in the world.

Raidokken again enters the bout at a higher ranking than his opponent, meaning that God has to go for the win.

God has already proven that winning is what he does.

#THERECANBEONLYONE
kotrLogo.png

#openthepredictiongate

Reactions: Apoho Creed